Thread: Toyota mechanic or someone good??

Toyota mechanic or someone good??

Got an 03 sequoia and an 04 camry xle 3.0 vvti that are both about ready for the 90k mile service. Need new timing belt/chain, drive belts, and water pump for both done. I just dont have the time right now to dive into it. Figured I would jump on here first and see if anyone wanted a project. Dont want to go to a dealer so dont offer up those options. Ive got a mechanic here I will take it to if nobody else wants some work.

Located in CO springs, you can use my garage or yours. Hit me up if interested.
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Re: Toyota mechanic or someone good??

Just out of curiosity since I am in marketing for a Dealer group and we are trying to market to people like you, what are the main reasons you wouldn't take it to a dealer?

I'd be more than happy to do the water pump and serpentine belts, but I really don't feel like doing a timing belt. Let me see how bad they are first though.

Edit: To answer vort, it's pretty sad when you can trust some random guy on the internet more than the dealership that charges 3 times as much for the same work, but it's true for every dealership I've ever been to.

i have warranty on my car and hesitate to take it to the dealer. Everything wrong is of course, not covered by warranty even though it maybe bumper to bumper. The diagnose fee alone is ridiculous. It's a gamble. If it's covered then I don't have to pay for anything. However, if it's not, I would have to pay at least for the diagnostics. which is over $100 (?)

06 Honda Civic EX
    25/36 MPG
    0-60 9.6 seconds
    Quarter Mile 17.3

08 Ducati 848 (Ferrari red)
    09 Honda cbr600rr (green/black)
    07 Yamaha r6R (blue)
    05 Kawasaki zx6r 636 (lime green)
    99 Honda Shadow ACE 750 (red/black)

For me in regards to the dealer part of it. there are a few items. I like giving the money to the person whos doing the work. You seem to get a better final outcome because their ass is on the line. With a dealer there is that safety net for doing half ass work. Or thats how it feels.

Attitude, every single dealership I have been in has been a number, not a person feeling. Im just another number waiting to be served. Dont care for that feeling. The only dealership Ive been to that I have had a good feeling from was McCloskey here in the springs. Then I got to the service dept for a minor car alarm issue, under warranty, and got the run around.

Price, I can get a better price from a single person or small business.

This is just my opinion. I would never take my bike to Apex or Rocky Mountain but wouldnt hesitate to take it to TFOG. They have a quality over quantity mentality and a rep to maintain. Kinda goes along the same lines with my vehicles.
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Thanks for the info. Definitely helps me figure out how to successfully market to people who have had bad experiences and negative views of Dealership service departments. We have a couple TV spot ideas we might try and run soon that has to deal with misconceptions of Dealership Service Departments. /threadjack

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    Got an 03 sequoia and an 04 camry xle 3.0 vvti that are both about ready for the 90k mile service. Need new timing belt/chain, drive belts, and water pump for both done. I just dont have the time right now to dive into it. Figured I would jump on here first and see if anyone wanted a project. Dont want to go to a dealer so dont offer up those options. Ive got a mechanic here I will take it to if nobody else wants some work.

Located in CO springs, you can use my garage or yours. Hit me up if interested.

Sparker,
    Matt2778 here in the Springs is a Cert Yoda Mechanic. He works over @ the Yoda dealership in MC, and has from time to time done side work.
    His info here....
    http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=3276
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

i do toy timing belts/water pumps all the time. i live in granby and if you want to arrange something pm me year/make/model/engine/vin number and i can give you a quote.

i can give you a brake on the standard labor charge and give you my cost on parts.

pm sent
    If You Can't Ride It or Take it to Bed. It Ain't Worth Having!