Thread: Got myself a bike...

Got myself a bike...

Well as you guys know I rolled my truck, and I have been wanting another bike for years...
    So because I live so close to work that I can walk if it snows, I went and bought myself a bike as daily transportation!
    Yes I know this is CO, yes I've been called nuts before, and yes it's a bit chilly riding without heated gear and grips , but it's a bike!

Anyway because insurance is still messing with me on the payout, and they took away the rental car, I ended up having to get a loan, but they wouldn't finance anything older than 10 years.

Luckily a buddy of mine happened to be selling his 05 Z750S, and I picked that up today...

Like I said, 05, Z750S, 4K miles (broke 4100 riding it home), immaculate condition, only one tiny paint ding on the paint...

Re: Got myself a bike...

Now the main question becomes... Heated gloves? Or heated hand grips?

Well I am glad to here you got some wheels man. 2 or 4 it better than rolling out on the nike's.
    It scares me that I am better at paying off debt than your country is!

Bitch Please "keep trolling"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Now the main question becomes... Heated gloves? Or heated hand grips?
    Get a heated vest first. Your body allows your extremities to get cold in order to maintain core temp (it "sacrifices" them) by restricting blood flow if necessary. If you keep your core temp up your body will continue circulating warm blood to your extremities and they will stay warm.

Another tip - get some thin, lightweight cotton gloves. Put on the thin cotton gloves, then some latex surgical gloves, then your regular riding gloves. The idea is to prevent the wind from ever touching your skin. The cotton gloves keeps the latex wind barrier off of your skin, acting as insulation. You can do the same thing everywhere if you need to. Up top, put on a shirt, then your heated vest, then a sweatshirt, then a plastic rain slicker (or a garbage bag with head/arm holes), then your riding jacket. Same thing on your legs, and plastic bags over your socks before you put your boots on,

I don't care how good your gear is, nothing but a solid plastic barrier will keep the wind out entirely, and you'd be AMAZED at the difference it makes.

Stay warm! I'm a little girl when it comes to riding in the cold, so I'll be in my truck! LoL
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Oh yeah, I got my Sub Zero badge a few times back in Boy Scouts, so I definitely know to layer the core first. I have a TourMaster Transitions Series 2 jacket that keeps me quite warm, so I'm good on that level.

I hadn't thought about getting the latex gloves though. I have glove liners already, so I'll grab some latex gloves and try that.

I'll definitely have to layer my legs some more too. Dislocated my knee earlier today, and it felt fine until it started to warm back up after being on the bike in 30 degrees. Numb = bliss.

And I can't blame ya on being in the truck, this probably isn't the smartest thing I've ever done, but if I get everything paid off on schedule, I'll have cash to pay for a vehicle next winter. I hate debt!

+1 for latex gloves! I tried that out after hearing the announcer talk about it at the SLC WSBK races last year.
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

and for your feet; one sock then a plastic grocery bag then another sock=warm feet
    not much for breathability but its warm