Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grim fought the law and Grim won!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grim fought the law and Grim won!!!!!!!!!!

Last time someone let the news media do a story on them it didn't turn out very positive for them.
    They spin it however they think they will get the "best" story.

Am I the only one that thinks the quantity of tickets received by CSC members this season is going to be a record?
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

I would not talk to them. Fuck 'em...

GJ Grim

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

We will see how they spin this she wasn't too pleased i told her she can't have the video she can only have images, an interview from me, and nothing more.

Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm not paranoid enough. But I think it's a bad idea to publicly humiliate the LEO's that patrol our local playground.

your paranoid...

plus grim, i would askt them...what is in it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm not paranoid enough. But I think it's a bad idea to publicly humiliate the LEO's that patrol our local playground.
    I see what you mean I don't really want to be the asshole that made the Leo's start being complete dicks to all sport bikes but then again I did make a sherif look like a complete assbag in front of the judge so there's already one out there with a bad taste in his mouth.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

One is fine. We will all deal with it if necessary and you have the backing of the club for sure. FWIW, I'll support your decision either way... just wanted to put it out there...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Simple. Fight ALL infractions. Even if you are questionable in innocence.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Simple. Fight ALL infractions. Even if you are questionable in innocence.
    He did that already... and won. The current issue is going on TV and calling the deputy an idiot using some less offensive verbiage.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I'd not go on TV. If it were me I got what I wanted and they can go fuck themselves.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I'd not go on TV. If it were me I got what I wanted and they can go fuck themselves.
    Very true the satisfaction of walking out of the courtroomNvictorious was quite euphoric tv won't do that. I just mainly want to spread the word that obviously Johnny law is abusing thier power.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I just mainly want to spread the word that obviously Johnny law is abusing thier power.

Im with you. I mean really, LEOs are just people like us, yet they seem to have some sort of superiority complex. I think we would all respond better to an officer that talks to us rather than lectures us like we are kids getting yelled out by our father. As far as Im concerned LEO can kiss my black ass. Besides the Rocky Mountains run through more than just Boulder county. Id rather be on the track anyway.

Good luck in what ever you decide with Channel 9, you know you have my support.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Last time someone let the news media do a story on them it didn't turn out very positive for them.
    They spin it however they think they will get the "best" story.
    this
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Very true the satisfaction of walking out of the courtroomNvictorious was quite euphoric tv won't do that. I just mainly want to spread the word that obviously Johnny law is abusing thier power.
    Nice

Although I always wonder if this secret "black book" exists and then you will be put on it and be on every cops shit list
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I see what you mean I don't really want to be the asshole that made the Leo's start being complete dicks to all sport bikes but then again I did make a sherif look like a complete assbag in front of the judge so there's already one out there with a bad taste in his mouth.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
    Others whom I respect a lot have weighed in on this. Let me give you my view of things for your consideration...

You have clear evidence, and a judicial ruling supporting it, of a law officer charging you improperly with a traffic offense. Our judicial system operates under the assumption that the word of a law officer carries more weight than that of a citizen. This is a clear example of the danger in that assumption. Yours is certainly a situation less damaging than being falsely accused of a violent crime, but it is important nonetheless to bring this sort of thing to the attention of the public. The officer either made a mistake or he made a false claim intentionally. Both require action by his superiors. And by bringing this to the attention of your fellow citizens, you make it more likely that such actions will be properly dealt with.

The public needs to be aware of instances of poor performance or illegal activity by public servants. It is absolutely your right to decide whether to take further action on this. My approach would be to expose it as far and wide as I could because I believe it is a bigger issue than one person. I have a history of standing up for things I thought were right, even if it meant a negative retribution towards me. And I have paid dearly for it in some cases, and been vindicated in others. I don't believe we should abandon something we think is right and cower in fear of an unjust punishment that might come our way. Such behavior is what feeds those who lust for power, and use injustice as the means to achieve it. Yes, yours is a small bit in a huge battle, but it is your bit to perform.

So you, and only you, can decide what to do. You should do what you think is best.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson