Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grim fought the law and Grim won!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grim fought the law and Grim won!!!!!!!!!!

Nice, Grim...
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Nice win. I got a ticket for a very similar situation a year and a half ago. I made a legal pass while out of view of a cop. He was a few cars behind and could not see me due to the canyon walls. When we got to a straight and he could see I was a few more cars ahead, he pulled me and my buddy over. He was a total dick about the whole thing and gave us tickets for unsafe passing on the left or something stupid. I paid the mail in fine thinking it wasn't worth my time to fight. Got screwed on insurance for that. I think my buddy went in on his and they either dropped it or lowered the points and fine even further than the mail in. I learned my lesson. Next time I'm fighting back (in court).

This could be a PR nightmare for the law enforcement officer and his supervisors... Did you ask the Officer under oath if he was aware of the penalties for perjury? and finally as the judge dismissed your charge.. did you query what her action would be with the DA about a possible perjury charge on the officer?

Great job by the way...
    'You Never Learn Less'

Bike: 2011 Yamaha R6 SE
    Cage: 2004 MBZ CLK55 AMG

It's not perjury if the officer was just mistaken.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury DAMN YOU SOPA FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Incompetence doesn't sound better than lying. And sure we all make mistakes... Like speeding without realizing it. Johnny law would still issue a ticket, he should still be reprimanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Incompetence doesn't sound better than lying. And sure we all make mistakes... Like speeding without realizing it. Johnny law would still issue a ticket, he should still be reprimanded.
    +1

I agree.. however.. I believe if Grimm would have asked him under oath if he was sure beyond a reasonable doubt and if he was aware that he was under oath and had raised the specter of perjury while the officer was under oath... Then dropped the photos on the judge... The officer's excuse of ... must have been mistaken would have been pierced.

I might have also then followed up under cross examination of the officer, if he had instructed or directed by any of his superiors to aggressively ticket sportbike or any motorcycle riders by him or his fellow officers ... and I might have then asked how many similar tickets he had written that were not beyond a reasonable doubt guilty of any vehicular infraction. At this point, it goes to the credibility of the officer and would erode the preponderance of guilt ...

Each of these questions, under oath, starts to build a foundation of a pattern of guilt and perjury in court. Having his response ON RECORD becomes a potential crippling credibility of the officer for all future cases (at least till the statute of limitations is reached) ... The DA then is put into an awkward position of having to either defend the officer and his perjury in court... or face a potential 'do nothing' if the face of evidence issue.

Any future tickets issued by that officer for a similar infraction... this will and would become a part of a defense for other motorist... including motorcycle riders and cage operators.

I would love to see the media pick up on this... !!!!
    'You Never Learn Less'

Bike: 2011 Yamaha R6 SE
    Cage: 2004 MBZ CLK55 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Cars-R-Coffins View Post
    Incompetant deputy's name in case I run into him?
    I'd like to know....

That and I can't see them really pressing on a traffic ticket.

Nice job Grim, glad it worked out for you.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Sheriff was lying but rather mistaken. I wish I had my GoPro turned on for the last ticket I got. I had it, but sitting on my passenger seat.
    Mistaken?? Really?? Sounds more like plain old fabrication to me.

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    awesome.

Now the bad news, this police officer is gonna be mad and take it out on every sportbike he see's. Plus if you get pulled by that same officer you can bet he is gonna ask for that camera and your getting a ticket.
    Like others said, probably has been doing this^^

Again, it is if he was just lying through his arss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate MacGyver View Post
    I agree.. however.. I believe if Grimm would have asked him under oath if he was sure beyond a reasonable doubt and if he was aware that he was under oath and had raised the specter of perjury while the officer was under oath... Then dropped the photos on the judge... The officer's excuse of ... must have been mistaken would have been pierced.

I might have also then followed up under cross examination of the officer, if he had instructed or directed by any of his superiors to aggressively ticket sportbike or any motorcycle riders by him or his fellow officers ... and I might have then asked how many similar tickets he had written that were not beyond a reasonable doubt guilty of any vehicular infraction. At this point, it goes to the credibility of the officer and would erode the preponderance of guilt ...

Each of these questions, under oath, starts to build a foundation of a pattern of guilt and perjury in court. Having his response ON RECORD becomes a potential crippling credibility of the officer for all future cases (at least till the statute of limitations is reached) ... The DA then is put into an awkward position of having to either defend the officer and his perjury in court... or face a potential 'do nothing' if the face of evidence issue.

Any future tickets issued by that officer for a similar infraction... this will and would become a part of a defense for other motorist... including motorcycle riders and cage operators.

I would love to see the media pick up on this... !!!!
    And if he'd had the GoPro running while doing all of this! Awesome! and well done, Grim!! Bad Cops
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Everybody's a legal expert.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

hehehe...your funny Chief Squirrel...

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

It's actually "you're funny". I only mention it, because I'm an actual expert.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

right on professor!!!!

"Mistaken" and plain old making shit up are two totally different things and I don't think a law degree has anything to do with knowing the difference.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

grim... Late to the thread but want to say, "take a bow". Your tale reminds of an ex-state trooper acquaintance who was pulled over for speeding on South Turkey Creek. He had entered South Turkey from a side street on his bike, turned right and had ridden perhaps a mile or so before being pulled over for speeding. He didn't remember seeing a speed limit sign from the side street all the way to being caught. He knew I had a video of South Turkey Creek. He used it to challenge getting a speeding ticket when there was no posting of what the speed limit was. I don't know the law about frequency of sign placement, but he used it to his advantage via video.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post

Come to think of it i could be wrong in the statement above as you cannot see any posted speed limit signs.

And the fish eye lens makes things look faster then they are. My off-road videos look like I'm hauling when I am just crawling along...LOL GoPro is very inaccurate to judge speed from.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    ...the cop's word is sufficient because, as a police officer, cop's do not lie. Which we all know is horseshit.
    AMEN! Speaking from personal experience, it kills me when I get effed to fulfill some cop's quota or whatever. Congrats on beating the system.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    grim... Late to the thread but want to say, "take a bow". Your tale reminds of an ex-state trooper acquaintance who was pulled over for speeding on South Turkey Creek. He had entered South Turkey from a side street on his bike, turned right and had ridden perhaps a mile or so before being pulled over for speeding. He didn't remember seeing a speed limit sign from the side street all the way to being caught. He knew I had a video of South Turkey Creek. He used it to challenge getting a speeding ticket when there was no posting of what the speed limit was. I don't know the law about frequency of sign placement, but he used it to his advantage via video.
    I took a bow and did a little dance.

THis makes me so hapy, you have no idea!!!! You are officially my hero of the week!! Glad you stuck it to those fuckers for once!! And remember folks, in the good ol USA, you are GUILTY untill you can somehow, maybe, possibly, more than likely not, prove yourself innocent. The court system is a money grubbing, non working, piece of shit. The only thing the state courts give a damn about is taking your money, that is all, seriously nothing else. I wish I would have had a video camera in my car a few years back when I had my license plate number phoned in by some "civilian "hero"" on the highway, and then was pulled over more than 50 miles away from the supposed "offence" and recieved an 8 point reckless driving ticket by a state trooper WHO NEVER FUCKING SAW ANY OF THE SAID INFRACTIONS!! That ticket landed me with over $400 in fines and a good number of hours of community service just for me to keep my license. Again, none of the things I was called in for were even possible, because I was stuck in traffic on I25 between monument and castle rock. This would have been an easy one to win had I had camera proof, thats for sure. Good job again man! I think we all owe you a beer for good measure!! Fuck the police commin straight outa Compton!!!!!!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    THis makes me so hapy, you have no idea!!!! You are officially my hero of the week!! Glad you stuck it to those fuckers for once!! And remember folks, in the good ol USA, you are GUILTY untill you can somehow, maybe, possibly, more than likely not, prove yourself innocent. The court system is a money grubbing, non working, piece of shit. The only thing the state courts give a damn about is taking your money, that is all, seriously nothing else. I wish I would have had a video camera in my car a few years back when I had my license plate number phoned in by some "civilian "hero"" on the highway, and then was pulled over more than 50 miles away from the supposed "offence" and recieved an 8 point reckless driving ticket by a state trooper WHO NEVER FUCKING SAW ANY OF THE SAID INFRACTIONS!! That ticket landed me with over $400 in fines and a good number of hours of community service just for me to keep my license. Again, none of the things I was called in for were even possible, because I was stuck in traffic on I25 between monument and castle rock. This would have been an easy one to win had I had camera proof, thats for sure. Good job again man! I think we all owe you a beer for good measure!! Fuck the police commin straight outa Compton!!!!!!
    -Mick-
    Ya, what he said.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

I've lost track of how many times now,

WHAT'S HIS NAME? Maybe even send us the case number so we can all reference the verdict later.

Congrats on the win. It's rare and beautiful, so thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by PunyJuney; Wed Feb 1st, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    I've lost track of how many times now,

WHAT'S HIS NAME? Maybe even send us the case number so we can all reference the verdict later.

Congrats on the win. It's rare and beautiful, so thanks for sharing!
    Been asking, still waiting.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Sorry kids I am unable to give a name as the officer did not write or sign his name on the ticket, he merely initialed it.

I am going to be making a call to boulder county courthouse this week to get information on the case and verification everything is good. When I do so I will get the officers information.

I just got off the phone with some philly from the Channel 9 News team and she wants to make a story out of this I will providing her with more specifics tomorrow so that she can contact the boulder county Sheriff's office and get their side of the story...if this goes down i don't think i will be hitting P2P this summer