Thread: WANTED: F4i Dyno Results

WANTED: F4i Dyno Results

Has anyone had their F4i on any of the local dynos? If so, I would be interested in finding out the results -- be sure to include model year along with any mods that you had installed.

I put mine (2002 stock) on the dyno last weekend and got 85.11, 84.17, and 86.99 -- about 10 HP lower than what I was expecting -- so I'm curious to find out what others with the same bike have seen in the past.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: WANTED: F4i Dyno Results

Boy Scout,

That seems about right for an F4i at 5200 feet. The altitude in our mile high city robs you of significant horsepower.

S

Anyone got the correct formula to correct to Sea Level and SAE standards? I'd like to compare mine as well to what was originaly spec'd.
    03 GSXR 750

I believe the numbers I posted are corrected to sea-level already, but I'll double-check.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them
    If it's a good dyno...which i'm pretty sure it is...it should be adjusted to read at a sea level hp.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Most dyno numbers are already corrected.

I just dug through my old issues of Cycle World and found in the July 2002 issue they did a shootout involving the 2002 CBR600F4i. According to Cycle World, the bike makes 86.2 HP, so it sounds like you're right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="218332
    I just dug through my old issues of Cycle World and found in the July 2002 issue they did a shootout involving the 2002 CBR600F4i. According to Cycle World, the bike makes 86.2 HP, so it sounds like you're right on the money.
    Just like damn statisticians...they can make the numbers look however you want them to look.

Motorcycle Online, February 2001 says the 2001 CBR600F4i makes 96.1 SAE Horsepower.

MCN March 2001 says the 2001 CBR600F4i makes 96.6 SAE Corrected RWHP.

Sport Rider says 01 F4i gets 95.5 corrected HP.

Someone on PowerSports Network said their '01 got 97, but that he had read that the '02 was "de-tuned" a little and only got 89. A second response said all F4is have the same HP from year to year and that the "de-tuned" comment was a rumor. A third response indicated 94 RWHP.

Motorcycle Daily May 2002 said '02 F4i got 92.8 stock, 96.6 w/Yosh pipe.

It is this discrepancy between sources that prompted me to ask for "REAL" numbers from "REAL" people.

I realize that not every dyno is going to indicate 94.2683 RWHP from every run and that temperature, humidity, air pressure, etc. all have an effect, but a difference of 10 HP between charts that claim to be "corrected" seems to me to be fairly significant -- particularly when most that I have seen favor the mid-90s. What I'm really trying to get at is whether or not it is likely that there is an issue with the bike that I need to have looked at, or if that's just the way it is. I don't have a baseline to determine whether it has dropped from when I bought it or if it has always been that way. I don't NEED more HP out of it, but if there is a problem that is causing the lower results, I'd like to get it looked at / corrected.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    I would think that places like TK and T.P. have dyno archives of various machines. Maybe you can sweettalk somebody into telling you what some of the other numbers have been, for your model.

They don't have to give you names or anything, but I don't see the harm in telling you what some of the numbers are.

Then again.. maybe the software *doesn't* archive this info.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I know that TK has an archive of most, if not all, of the dyno runs they've done (at least they used to have this stuff archived).

Board Newbie

A really good F4i will make mid to high 90s corrected with a pipe and PC, a stocker will be mid to high 80s. Believe it or not the older carb model F4 makes more power then the i model, about 3-4 HP more. As far as correction factor it's about 20-25% at 5500 feet on a Dynojet dyno. You don't want to know what your bike really makes.
    Bartman

Thanks, Bart. I guess I'm getting about what I'm sposed to.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

I dyno'd mine at Erico in 2003 I believe. During the summer at one of their dyno days. I dynoed out at 96.6 rwhp with 6000 miles on the oil, worn out chain sprocket, near bald tire, and 16,000 miles on the odometer. Oh and it's 2002 model, California emissions version to exact.

Oh, can't confirm the 01/02 detuned rumor. However, some rider friends from 2003 were doing AMAZING stuff on their stock geared or lightly geared 01 f4i's.

Nate,
    I just ran mine on the dyno at work today and got 87 hp.

Nate...I got your PM and decided to post here. Our dyno is corrected. Looking at the other numbers here you are right where you should be. Also you have a lot of miles on the bike too, keep that in mind. I know my numbers dropped some too since it was new. I don't think anything is wrong with your bike. Now Tom's on the other hand definetely has something going on with it.
    Anyway, if you want to dyno it again let me know.