Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White Told Me to Switch to DirecTV

Dana White Told Me to Switch to DirecTV

Dana White Told Me to Switch to DirecTV and I had to listen Stupid for Comcast to not offer FuelTV; I wrote them, talked to them, pleaded and they told me they had no plans to offer the channel. I already missed a few UFC prelims, so pulled the trigger and switched.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27025/with...to-directv.mma

I hope it works out for me. I've heard the picture quality is better, plus got one of those sweat deals for the first year. Yes I know I am in a contract for 2 years now, but they allow me to drop down my package after the first promotional deal ends.

I am officially a hardcore UFC fan now!!!! Anyone that thinks that UFC cannot affect a channel, they need to research how UFC saved SpikeTV back in the day; and look how much that channel has grown since then. I bet they do the same with FuelTV now.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Dana White Told Me to Switch to DirecTV

I've had DirecTV for a while now and I love it. I still have my internets through Comcast, or whatever they're called now.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I've had DirecTV for a while now and I love it. I still have my internets through Comcast, or whatever they're called now.
    So when you switched to Directv did your Comcast internet charges go up? Mine is at $45 a month now, but sure that is with a bundling discount.

Debating to keep Comcast internet.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    So when you switched to Directv did your Comcast internet charges go up? Mine is at $45 a month now, but sure that is with a bundling discount.

Debating to keep Comcast internet.
    My discount was already up, so no, it didn't change.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    My discount was already up, so no, it didn't change.
    You pay more than $45. You can PM if you don't want it public

I thought Comcast was great until I got DirecTV. DirecTV has a clearer picture than Comcast (I think better than Dish Network too), and has fewer cutouts than Comcast ever did. Comcast had the better on demand stuff, but DirecTV is catching up.

The only reason I even switched is because I wanted COmcast to lock me into a lower rate for a longer period of time (6 months to a year), and they refused. I was tired of calling every 3 months and begging for a $20 discount after being a customer for 7 years straight. After my 2 year contract is up, I will have saved nearly $1500 over the same period had I stayed with Comcast, and with DirecTV I have all channels, where with Comcast I only had 2 movie channels. Better deal all around.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I thought Comcast was great until I got DirecTV. DirecTV has a clearer picture than Comcast (I think better than Dish Network too), and has fewer cutouts than Comcast ever did. Comcast had the better on demand stuff, but DirecTV is catching up.

The only reason I even switched is because I wanted COmcast to lock me into a lower rate for a longer period of time (6 months to a year), and they refused. I was tired of calling every 3 months and begging for a $20 discount after being a customer for 7 years straight. After my 2 year contract is up, I will have saved nearly $1500 over the same period had I stayed with Comcast, and with DirecTV I have all channels, where with Comcast I only had 2 movie channels. Better deal all around.
    Nice good to hear! I know you are all about picture quality and motion blur so if you say the picture qaulity is better I am really happy! I know this new tv shows the slightest impovement, so I am looking foward to it.

I was in the same boat. For the last two years I have to call them and they do something for 6 mnths, then back to paying like $160 a month.

Just wish there were better options for internet. Who do you have Ricky? Any idea if I can route my comcast email (I was dumb and used that to set up many online logins/bill pays) to a new one?

Damn.. I only pay $20 a month. Of course I only have super basic cable, but that's what the internet is for..
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I switched to Dish Network because they offered me a cheaper price than what Direct T.V. had going, but I also kept my internet with comcast. Only pay $25/month for internet now. It was supposed to be for only 6 months, but all you have to do is call them when it's supposed to expire and tell them you are switching to another provider and they will keep it at $25 to keep you as a customer.

Dish Network is the best, hands down. We have had it for sixteen years, now. If you need me to explain why Dish is best, then you deserve to pay the higher prices for a shitty picture and less channels!!

The only reason I would consider Direct, is for the Football Ticket thingamajig they have. Since we don't give a shit about football and would rather have more HD channels, Dish rules!! Much cheaper, too!!

BTW Ricky - How can Direct have a better picture than Dish? They are both digital 1080...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I switched to Dish Network because they offered me a cheaper price than what Direct T.V. had going, but I also kept my internet with comcast. Only pay $25/month for internet now. It was supposed to be for only 6 months, but all you have to do is call them when it's supposed to expire and tell them you are switching to another provider and they will keep it at $25 to keep you as a customer.
    Nice this is what I am going for....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Damn.. I only pay $20 a month. Of course I only have super basic cable, but that's what the internet is for..
    Your "thriftness" never stops amazing me Josh! I hate regular definition TV and rarely, if ever, use it. I'd gladly pay more to get better quality. Plus a DVR is almost a must nowadays....pays for itself in time. Why take 1 hr to watch a show when I can skip comercials and watch it in 40 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Dish Network is the best, hands down. We have had it for sixteen years, now. If you need me to explain why Dish is best, then you deserve to pay the higher prices for a shitty picture and less channels!!

The only reason I would consider Direct, is for the Football Ticket thingamajig they have. Since we don't give a shit about football and would rather have more HD channels, Dish rules!! Much cheaper, too!!

BTW Ricky - How can Direct have a better picture than Dish? They are both digital 1080...
    Wait you have had the same service for 16 years, but you know it is the best? Just seem it would be hard to say that if you haven't jumped around in the last 16 years! Was HD even offered 16 years ago!
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 8th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

I'd like to try dish out but I don't like the idea of the contract. I think they could offer the same product, without a contract, for another $5 month and they'd have a huge increase in customers.

Your "thriftness" never stops amazing me Josh! I hate regular definition TV and rarely, if ever, use it. I'd gladly pay more to get better quality. Plus a DVR is almost a must nowadays....pays for itself in time. Why take 1 hr to watch a show when I can skip comercials and watch it in 40 mins.
    I download most of the shows I watch so I still get HD and commercial free.

P.S. How does a DVR pay for itself as it neither saves nor makes you money?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

If Nate's time were a drug, he'd sell it by the gram.

[/Vanilla Ice]
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I download most of the shows I watch so I still get HD and commercial free.

P.S. How does a DVR pay for itself as it neither saves nor makes you money?
    Time is money fool!

Ahh. I've got more time then money so my thinking is reversed.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

So is Comcast, and yet we have (much) better picture on satellite. They all probably compress the signals differently. I do know our DirecTV is far better than Comcast ever was, and seems on par with Dish at least when I watch that on other peoples' TV's. Obviously I can't compare them side by side.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Wait you have had the same service for 16 years, but you know it is the best? Just seem it would be hard to say that if you haven't jumped around in the last 16 years! Was HD even offered 16 years ago!
    Definitely a valid assumption, however, completely wrong. I have Dish in one room and Comcast (half the channels have lines rolling through them) in another. Even if I didn't, do you think I never make it out of the house and see another type of service at, maybe, a friends house. BTW - I love commas!!! Therefore, I have never switched, because I started with the best. Just like our Verizon phones. We've had them for about sixteen years as well. Never switched because when we'd be out on the boat or out rock climbing, our phones always worked and other peoples didn't. Definitely pay more for Verizon, though!!

Oh yeah... there was no HD sixteen years ago, but Dish still had the best prices for the most channels. Even waaaay back then.

Give me a shout when you get a chance, Naters...
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    So is Comcast, and yet we have (much) better picture on satellite. They all probably compress the signals differently. I do know our DirecTV is far better than Comcast ever was, and seems on par with Dish at least when I watch that on other peoples' TV's. Obviously I can't compare them side by side.
    True. I guess it has to do with Comcast running through millions of miles of wires. The channels seem to have those "ground-loop" lines rolling through the picture.
    Kim & Dean

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I got Comcast because the satellite companies made sure that my DVD-R will not work with their service. As such, I have no use for them as long as they have that mentality. I want the ability to record my MotoGP and F1 races, and anything else, without having to "pay" for their service and even then not be able to record to a DVD. Piss on 'em.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    I got Comcast because the satellite companies made sure that my DVD-R will not work with their service. As such, I have no use for them as long as they have that mentality. I want the ability to record my MotoGP and F1 races, and anything else, without having to "pay" for their service and even then not be able to record to a DVD. Piss on 'em.
    Problem solved for $99

http://www.roku.com/roku-products
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I will never go back to Comcast, their customer support was the worst I've ever experienced. They actually blamed my house wiring (and we had 6 tech visits) before they figured out the entire neighborhood had issues and finally fixed it, took two months! DirecTV HD is ridiculously awesome quality and selection of channels. On a 1080p DLP, some Discovery nature shows look frickin' REAL. Sports are off the hook too, NFL, NBA, MLB, racing, car auctions, whatever. Also, we got Qwest DSL at 20mb and it SCREAMS and is never down, and excellent customer service. I spit on Comcast, fuck those hacks, lol.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Problem solved for $99

http://www.roku.com/roku-products
    Ahhhh, I don't have a TV it will work with and I don't have a PC or internet. Ah well..
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Ahh. I've got more time then money so my thinking is reversed.
    Come with me to the gym homey! It will keep you busy at least three nights a week!

Definitely a valid assumption, however, completely wrong. I have Dish in one room and Comcast (half the channels have lines rolling through them) in another. Even if I didn't, do you think I never make it out of the house and see another type of service at, maybe, a friends house. BTW - I love commas!!! Therefore, I have never switched, because I started with the best. Just like our Verizon phones. We've had them for about sixteen years as well. Never switched because when we'd be out on the boat or out rock climbing, our phones always worked and other peoples didn't. Definitely pay more for Verizon, though!!

Oh yeah... there was no HD sixteen years ago, but Dish still had the best prices for the most channels. Even waaaay back then.

Give me a shout when you get a chance, Naters...
    Oh ok I see, didn't even know you could have two cable providers in one house...I will then take your opinion as valid

I've actually never tried Dish...maybe in two years now that they locked me into a contract I don't think Dish has FuelTV in HD though, so that would sway be but by then I would hope they would.

Still crazy that a sport like MMA can change a channel so much...just shows how far it has come FuelTV was the lowest rated channel on Directv and just since UFC came on it it has elevated already!