Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do ?

What would you do ?

last night our neighbor woke us up with big noise . After about 10 minutes of loud noise he knocks on our door and screams "HELP I got shot ! ". We never opened door and just called police .I could see him from the window crawling on the ground and lots of blood .After about 15 minutes police came and found him and other guy death in his tub . He said later his cousin got in through window and shot him first , so he took gun from him and finished him .Then he came with gun asking for help at our door .He got back from hospital today

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Re: What would you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    last night our neighbor woke us up with big noise . After about 10 minutes of loud noise he knocks on our door and screams "HELP I got shot ! ". We never opened door and just called police .I could see him from the window crawling on the ground and lots of blood .After about 15 minutes police came and found him and other guy death in his tub . He said later his cousin got in through window and shot him first , so he took gun from him and finished him .Then he came with gun asking for help at our door .He got back from hospital today

What would I do? I would F*cking MOVE! .... uhm... what's the question?...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I'd have answered my door with gun in hand, cell phone dialed to 911 in my robe/pants pocket and gone from there.

I know my neighbors pretty well and know which ones I'd trust if they came to my door in the middle of the night and which ones I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

I would write my neighbor a 'get well soon' card.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Thats a disfunctional family, thats what...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Man -- what crap. Better you than me.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

File a complaint with your HOA? Holy shit.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

I would like to say that I would have opened the door and helped him but....
    I would like to say that if my son was home I would have done what you did but...
    I don't really know, its one of those situations anybody can say what they think they would do but nobody really knows until they are put in that situation. I'm sorry that happened to you.
    A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel.
    A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.

Is this the story?

Denver police are investigating a homicide after a man apparently shot and killed an intruder in his home early this morning.

Around 2:20 a.m. officers were called to a home located at 3469 W. Ninth Ave., on a report of a shooting, said Sonny Jackson, spokesman for the Denver Police Department.
    After arriving, officers found two men inside the home with what appeared to be gunshot wounds.

Further investigation revealed that the resident of the home woke up and found the alleged intruder. The resident and intruder struggled over a gun before several shots were fired.

The intruder was pronounced dead at the home.
    The resident was taken to a nearby hospital with wounds to his lower body. His injuries are not life threatening.

Their names have not been released but it appears that the two knew each other.
    Jordan Steffen: 303-954-1794 or jsteffen@denverpost.com

I'm a little paranoid by nature (stoked to a rage from time to time by the meth-head feeb living next door), so I'm not going to open the door for anyone I don't know.

Living next door to me (in itself) is not sufficient to place someone in the "someone I know" category. I have a neighbor or two that I do know, and I would open the door for them--but they would probably call or text me if they needed my help.

If you want to know if you did the right thing in not opening the door, IMHO, yes.
    You called 911, as you should.

Lol I got see the cops kill a guy infront of his wife over at sloans lake. After living in on the outer skirts of your neighborhood and doing comcast over there for quite a while I would gtfo asap!
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    Then he came with gun asking for help at our door .He got back from hospital today
    You did the right thing.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I assume CO doe snot have a law that pretty much states you need to provide aid if someone comes to your door?

Some places do you know...I can think of NYC off the top of my mind. This came about in NYC in the 80's I believe it was do to people needing help like this guy and people turning a blind eye....so you could be charged there for how you handled it. Not saying you did wrong...but yeah, I probably tell him to toss the gun (seeing as he shot the other guy, and then open the door).

we about to go purchase couple shotguns today

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I assume CO doe snot have a law that pretty much states you need to provide aid if someone comes to your door?

Some places do you know...I can think of NYC off the top of my mind. This came about in NYC in the 80's I believe it was do to people needing help like this guy and people turning a blind eye....so you could be charged there for how you handled it. Not saying you did wrong...but yeah, I probably tell him to toss the gun (seeing as he shot the other guy, and then open the door).
    I know my neighbors. I'm not opening the door for anyone bleeding and carrying a gun. When our neighbor's house caught fire, we went over, helped them get out with their dogs, and sheltered them while the firefighters did their thing.

BTW: Fuck New York City. I can't think of a single reason to save that shithole from what they've done to themselves over the last 150 years.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I'd have answered my door with gun in hand, cell phone dialed to 911 in my robe/pants pocket and gone from there.
    Right on, same here. Unless I actually knew the neighbor personally. Btw, I love Colorado's "Make my day" law, that should be put in place nationwide.

<Edit:>
    Wait nevermind, I didn't know he had a gun in his hand. If I saw that, I'd move back further into my house, around the corner, with my gun still pointed at the door in case they tried to get in, all while still on the phone with 911.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Feb 10th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

At first I read this and was like "dang what a asshole for not helping the guy out", but then I got to the part where the guy had a gun in his hand and that changed it. I don't think I would answer the door for ANYONE that had a gun (minus a cop).

All and all I guess it sucks nowadays that it is such a risk to help people, but with these stories of people asking for help then finding out it is some setup to get you where they can rob you or kidnap you makes it change.

As others say it would depend on the neighbor. One of my next door neighbors of mine has become a friend over the years so I would trust him (well astill probably not if he had a gun in his hand).
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

True story, that's how Sienfield ended

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post

Gold Member

wow this just helps prove my point that this state is a bunch of fucking bitchs. really bro? your neighbor is begging for help and you dont even go out to help? you didnt hear the shots? do you not know what shots sound like?

think of it this way bro what would you want others to do for you if you found yourself in the same situation. would want them to ignore gun shots coming from your house? just hide behind their door as you bleed out? how would you have felt if you had just faught off a inturder but youre scared thinking you about to bleed out? how would you feel as you got to your neighbors house and all they did was hide behind a phone and a door?

pathetic is the only word i can i find for this. keep hiding in your bubble.

You hear gun shots at 2 in the morning and the next thing you know some guy is banging on your front door with a gun.

I wouldn't open either, for all you know it's someone that just killed your neighbor and wants to do the same to you.

I love how people not in that situation pass judgement on what he "should have done" without having been there.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    wow this just helps prove my point that this state is a bunch of fucking bitchs. really bro? your neighbor is begging for help and you dont even go out to help? you didnt hear the shots? do you not know what shots sound like?

think of it this way bro what would you want others to do for you if you found yourself in the same situation. would want them to ignore gun shots coming from your house? just hide behind their door as you bleed out? how would you have felt if you had just faught off a inturder but youre scared thinking you about to bleed out? how would you feel as you got to your neighbors house and all they did was hide behind a phone and a door?

pathetic is the only word i can i find for this. keep hiding in your bubble.

I would've helped him if I knew and trusted him.
    That being said, there's only one of my neighbors I know and trust.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Not to throw a flame in this, but there may have been a chance to save the guys life if you would have acted. It is hard to compress a wound yourself, but another person can.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Not to throw a flame in this, but there may have been a chance to save the guys life if you would have acted. It is hard to compress a wound yourself, but another person can.
    It sounds like the intruder died but the neighbor did not. Did you want him to run over and try to save the intruder?

I may have read it wrong though....