Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get off my mountain!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Get off my mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    I don't give a shit if I go to a home that I OWN and paid for with MY MONEY, for 10 years! I should be able to keep whatever I want in it without some piece of shit breaking in and ripping me off. Would I keep expensive guns there, unsecured? No, because there are so many people out there begging for a bullet in the head that haven’t found it yet. Doesn’t make it ok, though….

If I'm home, and someone breaks in, that person is considered dangerous to me and will be killed if I'm given the opportunity. What's the difference between that and him breaking in when he thinks it's unoccupied?? NONE, that's what. He is armed for more reasons than just nature, I freakin promise you that. How nice is he going to be when he breaks in and there is actually someone there?? Any of you willing to take that chance?? I’m not!

His pattern seems to be escalating and I’m wondering what his limit will be. Hopefully someone gets the chance to blast this guy before he does hurt someone.
    Exactly. Why is it so hard for these guys to get this? They're trying to justify this guy's actions because they feel a person shouldn't have the right to store his guns wherever he wants and agree with this nutjob's ideals? SRSLY???
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I do agree. I also think that people who leave firearms in vacant homes be held accountable for what happens with their guns if stolen. I also hate people that sit back and cry about being a victom. Its a tough world man up.
    Dood, that's retarded. SRSLY. So, it's the homeowner's fault that some nutjob breaks in? Really?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member

Yeah when a guy has been up to this for five fucking years! Yes its the owners fault. Also people don't take care of their guns. I bet if you make the person liable to what happens with THEIR gun if it gets stolen alot of people would do more to safe guard their guns.

Look I have already said numerous times I don't agree with what this guys doing. Im saying it again. I also don't agree that these fucking people are victims. Im sorry I don't. For five ducking years a guy has been doing this. And for five ducking years people keep leaving shit in their summer homes to get taken. Fuck em. If they don't want to do anything to better secure their shit fuck em.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Yeah when a guy has been up to this for five fucking years! Yes its the owners fault. Also people don't take care of their guns. I bet if you make the person liable to what happens with THEIR gun if it gets stolen alot of people would do more to safe guard their guns.

Look I have already said numerous times I don't agree with what this guys doing. Im saying it again. I also don't agree that these fucking people are victims. Im sorry I don't. For five ducking years a guy has been doing this. And for five ducking years people keep leaving shit in their summer homes to get taken. Fuck em. If they don't want to do anything to better secure their shit fuck em.
    The entire legal system disagrees with you. Just because some asshole has been on a prolonged crime spree, taking, using, and desecrating possessions that are not his, does not absolve him of guilt. It's still a crime to do what he's doing, period.

I wouldn't leave my guns in a summer cabin, and am surprised so many people do. If I did though it would still be illegal for someone to break into my locked cabin, break into my locked gun box (or safe, or cabinet, or whatever these people are using), and take my gun. It may be a target of opportunity for this nutjob, but it certainly isn't entrapment and certainly isn't the owner's fault that some guy broke in and stole their shit.

Put another way: Crime (sometimes violent) happens in my area, like every area. Has for as long as I've lived here, and probably will for as long as the neighborhood exists. I keep firearms in my home. So because crime has been going on here for years, I am somehow *at fault* if someone comes into my house when I'm not here and takes my guns? By your logic, crime has been going on here for a while so I should just accept it, and stop making it so easy for these creative members of society to get in and re-arm themselves.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Too bad they don't let us hang thieves on the spot in this country. I don't understand why not, especially if its obvious (like caught in vehicle).
    So what's changed?

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Exactly. Why is it so hard for these guys to get this? They're trying to justify this guy's actions because they feel a person shouldn't have the right to store his guns wherever he wants and agree with this nutjob's ideals? SRSLY???
    I just don't get it! People....

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    The entire legal system disagrees with you. Just because some asshole has been on a prolonged crime spree, taking, using, and desecrating possessions that are not his, does not absolve him of guilt. It's still a crime to do what he's doing, period.

I wouldn't leave my guns in a summer cabin, and am surprised so many people do. If I did though it would still be illegal for someone to break into my locked cabin, break into my locked gun box (or safe, or cabinet, or whatever these people are using), and take my gun. It may be a target of opportunity for this nutjob, but it certainly isn't entrapment and certainly isn't the owner's fault that some guy broke in and stole their shit.

Put another way: Crime (sometimes violent) happens in my area, like every area. Has for as long as I've lived here, and probably will for as long as the neighborhood exists. I keep firearms in my home. So because crime has been going on here for years, I am somehow *at fault* if someone comes into my house when I'm not here and takes my guns? By your logic, crime has been going on here for a while so I should just accept it, and stop making it so easy for these creative members of society to get in and re-arm themselves.
    +Fuck Yeah!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Gold Member

the entire legal system is screwed anyways. would you care to tell me at what point i ever said this guy is not braking the law? or even what post i might have stated that i even agree with what this guy is doing? so again and i guess maybe i will do this. i do not agree with what he is doing!

so what you are saying is you wouldnt leave firearms in a place that you dont see but a few times a year. not sure why you are arguing with any of this. never said it wasnt against the law. what i said is that people should be held accountable for their guns if stolen. i bet if this was the case people wouldnt leave them in the places they do. this is the part that i have the issue with. see no one wants to own up to their own actions anymore. people are lazy. i dont want to unload all my guns and then load them back up. i will just leave them here in this building that will be vacent untill i get back next year. yes i know a crime is being commeted. i know this. what i am trying to say that seems to just fall on deaf ears is that it is up to the individuel to safe guard THEIR shit. its clear the cops are not here to safe guard us from anything. it is up to you and me to make sure things like OUR firearms are not taken.

that would depend. do you only go to your house a few times a year? do you leave it left for months at a time filled with things that people in your area would want? your argument is lacking on this one. you are going to try to compair your home with a remote cabin? come on bro. yes there is a alot of crime in the city. so we do things like keep our doors locked. buy home security systems. we safe guard our things. people that live in the country do not do these things as they dont feel they need to because they dont have the crime like a city does. so they dont safe guard for things like this.

so let me put it this way. if you leave guns in a home that is unattended for most of the year and you leave guns and things like that in it then yes you are a moron. even more so if you have a guy in the area that for the past five years has been braking into homes like yours but you take no mesure to not be a victom. its not that hard to load up your guns.
    so no bro i dont think you would fall into this as you said yourself that you wouldnt leave guns in a home like that.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Penadam View Post
    So what's changed?
    our bullshit court system that is set up to protect the guilty and the rich.

Gold Member

I just don't get it! People....

+Fuck Yeah!
    you idoits keep thinking that i am some how saying this guy isnt guilty. thats now what im saying. im saying that if this has been going on for five years and the people in the area are not taking action to protect their shit then fuck em. how hard is that for people to get?

So what's changed?
    I still don't think he is dangerous. Stealing a gun does not make you DANGEROUS. Homes are empty no threat to others...and the danger is where?

Should he be hung if caught, sure. But the media thumping their chest is getting old. People saying they are scared WTF!! Maybe these YUPPIES don't need a cabin if a person that has not confronted anyone makes them scared. He has yet to confront anyone face to face, he has YET threatened anyone.

It's the police's THEORY that the camps they have found are his. Might not be you know.

I also find that the cabin owners should lock shit up like GUNS. Not so hard to build in a secret place.

Media uses the word Cabin...

That could mean anything....

Or could be...

Would this story be different if someone was freezing (lost in the woods) and NEEDED to break in to stay alive, ate and shat in a pan!!! Although I don't agree with him breaking in as this seems like a career issue...it still does not make him DANGEROUS.

Let's see, it is winter...pretty easy to know if anyone has come or gone from a remote cabin. So he knows if the place is occupied or not...again not much danger there.

People used to us abandoned cabins all the time to take shelter in and use for a short period of time. These cabins are abandoned.

Again I just don't by the whole HE IS DANGEROUS aspect of the media. Now if there is a report of him threatening someone, okay he then is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    People saying they are scared WTF!! Maybe these YUPPIES don't need a cabin if a person that has not confronted anyone makes them scared. He has yet to confront anyone face to face, he has YET threatened anyone.
    That's all good and fine if the house is empty. BUT what if your Mom/Sister/Kids are up sometime on their weekend snowshoe outing, SLEEPING. You really don't mind if this MENTALLY-IMBALANCED AND ARMED survivalist weirdo breaks into YOUR house with your family sleeping there? Why shouldn't people be scared? He's not harmless, sorry I don't buy that for a second, just because he's only hit unoccupied cabins, LUCKILY, SO FAR.

And why did you capitalize "YUPPIES"? Because someone has a second home in the mountains has some bearing on this debate? Just asking what your logic is there...
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

you idoits keep thinking that i am some how saying this guy isnt guilty. thats now what im saying. im saying that if this has been going on for five years and the people in the area are not taking action to protect their shit then fuck em. how hard is that for people to get?
    Idiots?? LMAO! There he goes again....

You still put fault on the owners. No matter what someone should do as a matter of common sense, they should not be liable for a crime that someone else is committing, plain and simple. That's what many here are saying and you apparently don't get. It's obviously not about whether you think he is guilty.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Gold Member

Idiots?? LMAO! There he goes again....

You still put fault on the owners. No matter what someone should do as a matter of common sense, they should not be liable for a crime that someone else is committing, plain and simple. That's what many here are saying and you apparently don't get. It's obviously not about whether you think he is guilty.
    yeah and leaving firearms in places that are vacent is neglagent. point blank. so yeah once again fuck em. they must not care that much if they dont protect it.

yeah and leaving firearms in places that are vacent is neglagent. point blank. so yeah once again fuck em. they must not care that much if they dont protect it.
    Do you ever leave your house or car with firearms in them when you're not there? If so, you must be negligent because someone could break in at any time and steal them.

The fact that there is a thief operating in the area doesn't make the owners negligent. Negligence would be leaving a loaded firearm on a playground. If they're on their property in a locked cabin and possibly in a locked gun cabinet/safe, they have a reasonable expectation that they won't be stolen. There are thieves operating all over Denver, is everyone who lives negligent because they don't keep their positions with them at all time?

Personally, if I knew there was a problem in the area, I would remove any items that he could use, but that doesn't mean everyone there should have to. The thief is in the wrong, not the owners.

For five ducking years a guy has been doing this. And for five ducking years people keep leaving shit in their summer homes to get taken.
    I think the real question here is are ducking years longer or shorter then standard?
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I think the real question here is are ducking years longer or shorter then standard?
    #1Clownie quacks me up
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Gold Member

Do you ever leave your house or car with firearms in them when you're not there? If so, you must be negligent because someone could break in at any time and steal them.

The fact that there is a thief operating in the area doesn't make the owners negligent. Negligence would be leaving a loaded firearm on a playground. If they're on their property in a locked cabin and possibly in a locked gun cabinet/safe, they have a reasonable expectation that they won't be stolen. There are thieves operating all over Denver, is everyone who lives negligent because they don't keep their positions with them at all time?

Personally, if I knew there was a problem in the area, I would remove any items that he could use, but that doesn't mean everyone there should have to. The thief is in the wrong, not the owners.
    i do not leave my firearms in my car. that is also something that pisses me off. and no you can not compare my house that im at EVERYDAY to seasonal cabins that are used few times a year. like you just said if you knew this was a problem you would take action to help take care of your property. i dont get how so many here have stated they would take actions to help protect their property but me saying screw that people that dont is wrong.

the theif is in the wrong. i agree. but so are the home owners that choose not to protect their own things.

Gold Member

just like none of you would feel bad for someone that got their car stolen for leaving the keys in it.

...and no you can not compare my house that im at EVERYDAY to seasonal cabins that are used few times a year...
    Unless it takes an entire season for him to break in, you can compare them. Just like you can pick up a car and be gone with it inside a minute, someone can ransack your entire house inside 2 minuets (which is like 10 minutes tops).

just like none of you would feel bad for someone that got their car stolen for leaving the keys in it.
    By your logic, I would be at fault if someone broke into my car and stole the stereo when I parked it at the airport for a week, even though it was locked. I agree that leaving firearms in a cabin that will be unoccupied for a long period of time is imprudent, but that does not make the owners negligent in ANY way. They have a reasonable expectation that their property should be secure. This criminal is breaking into LOCKED HOMES, vandalizing, and stealing from the homeowners. If he is shot by a homeowner, he has nobody to blame, but HIMSELF. Utah's Castle Doctrine is even more generous than Colorado's, he needs to realize that JUST BY BEING INSIDE the property without consent, he is subject to lethal force.
    Last edited by TFOGGuys; Tue Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Gold Member

Unless it takes an entire season for him to break in, you can compare them. Just like you can pick up a car and be gone with it inside a minute, someone can ransack your entire house inside 2 minuets (which is like 10 minutes tops).
    i know this. but they are not living in my house for the winter. go read some more links on this. he is living in these homes during the winter months. LIVING. not just braking in and taking things. also you wont find my guns in a simple brake in. i leave lots of other things out for just that reason. if a person does brake in they start to profile your home. if they find things worth value hidden they will look harder to find hiding spots. if most things worth something are right out in the open there is no need to hunt. my guns are my life. to me nothing is worth more. so they are very well kept and out of sight.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    By your logic, I would be at fault if someone broke into my car and stole the stereo when I parked it at the airport for a week, even though it was locked. I agree that leaving firearms in a cabin that will be unoccupied for a long period of time, but that does not make the owners negligent in ANY way. They have a reasonable expectation that their property should be secure. This criminal is breaking into LOCKED HOMES, vandalizing, and stealing from the homeowners. If he is shot by a homeowner, he has nobody to blame, but HIMSELF. Utah's Castle Doctrine is even more generous than Colorado's, he needs to realize that JUST BY BEING INSIDE the property without consent, he is subject to lethal force.
    have i once said i would feel bad for him if a home owner shot him? nope. can your car your car stereo end up in the wrong hands and be used to hurt someone? my issue is the home owners leaving guns in their homes when they know they wont be back for months at a time. you can not be certain that your home is going to be safe sitting for months at a time in a remote area. those areas people have all the time in the world to do as they please with your things. for this reason resposible people wouldnt leave anything like a gun laying around for someone to come along and take it.

so no i have no remorse for these people. none at all. not even a little.

Wow....I agree 1000%, what's the world coming to?

This is the point I was trying to make. The motivation of the perpetrator and any alleged "negligence" of the gun owner (there IS none) does NOT absolve the perp of guilt. Simply put, (for the simple minded ), the gun owner is NOT prohibited from keeping his guns in his cabin, nor is he REQUIRED to have them in a gun safe. The Law REQUIRES people to refrain from breaking into people's dwellings and taking their stuff. Besides, if you have a cabin in the mountains, what BETTER place for guns?? Especially if you hunt. Why carry all your weapons around if you only use them there? Granted, it would be SMART to have a nice, hidden, gun safe, but it's not required to my knowledge. Also, breaking into any building while armed is most likely armed robbery, that's not dangerous? They'll give you a ticket for speeding or reckless driving even if "nobody gets hurt" won't they?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I wouldn't feel TOO bad, but I would still state that it is ILLEGAL for someone to steal it, and blame the perp not the victim.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian