Thread: The Springs made it to the top ten again!

The Springs made it to the top ten again!

In news that only surprises those who don't drive around here...
    The Springs has made it into the top ten cities in the country for speed traps (again)...
    CNBC Link
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Re: The Springs made it to the top ten again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    In news that only surprises those who don't drive around here...
    The Springs has made it into the top ten cities in the country for speed traps (again)...
    CNBC Link
    When I lived down in CS I got tickets, moved to boulder for 6 years, no tickets, back to CS for a year, 2 tickets, back to boulder no tickets again.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Is that why when I lived down there, it seemed like everyone was afraid to drive? I HATED driving down there, some scary people.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    When I lived down in CS I got tickets, moved to boulder for 6 years, no tickets, back to CS for a year, 2 tickets, back to boulder no tickets again.
    Is that because in Boulder you just hand them a bag of weed and they let you go? Jk i don't have great luck in Boulder got pulled over twice last year, one of which i defeated in court.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Is that because in Boulder you just hand them a bag of weed and they let you go? Jk i don't have great luck in Boulder got pulled over twice last year, one of which i defeated in court.
    Nah I've never been pulled over in boulder ever. Just don't speed in to boulder on 36, they are there all the time. Past that I've never seen a speed trap there.

I grew up in Boulder, the cops are bitches to the highest order. They're sick of dealing with students, so they think they can treat ALL residents of any age there like children. Trust me, lived there for 20-odd years. Assholes!

Actually after all the multiple filmed cases of DenverPD beating up civilians the last few years, I can't really complain about the Springs. Denver gestapo are a new level of bitches too.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    I grew up in Boulder, the cops are bitches to the highest order. They're sick of dealing with students, so they think they can treat ALL residents of any age there like children. Trust me, lived there for 20-odd years. Assholes!
    I completely agree with this as well, they are terrible if you have to deal with them.

Gold Member

Yeah fuck springs pd. Bunch of retarded clowns running around with god complexities.

There are many aspects to traffic enforcement in the Springs which can be vexing, but I don't necessarily think that the traffic cops are the gestapo down there that they are often portrayed to be.

Anybody who has driven there knows there is something profoundly wrong with the way they cycle their traffic lights. It sure seems that no matter which way you are driving, every light is red. If one exceeds the posted speed limits by 10 to 15, then you hit the lights green. Or so it seems.

For years the yellow delay was only 2 seconds, which is silly short, and the cops asked and pleaded with traffic engineers to increase the delay to 4 or 5 seconds, which, when accomplished on some of the more problemmatic intersections, really reduced accidents and red light tickets.

If I were to point an accusatory finger, I would level it at traffic engineering for the way in which the lights are programmed.

My 2 cents.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Board Newbie

CSPD isn't the Gestapo, just small town cops with nothing better to do than run radar. At least we don't have those pesky red-light cameras here anymore!

Gold Member

small town??? springs isnt a small town. its not a big city but they have a hell of a lot more they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    For years the yellow delay was only 2 seconds, which is silly short, and the cops asked and pleaded with traffic engineers to increase the delay to 4 or 5 seconds, which, when accomplished on some of the more problemmatic intersections, really reduced accidents and red light tickets.
    Try SanFran, there is ZERO 4-RED-LIGHT DELAY! It's frickin' crazy, I was shocked. That's correct, when one light goes from yellow to red, the other direction's light immediately changes to green! Here at least we have like half-second or full second where all four lights are red, I think that's only common sense. Especially with everyone slamming their accelerators to barely speed through yellows at the last second.

Can't believe they don't have more accidents every 5 minutes, it's ridiculous. Who are these city idiots that designed that?!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Senior Member Moderator

I was westbound on Austin Bluffs yesterday while they were patching the road. They had one lane closed so traffic was ungodly slow. A little further down the road, after the roadwork, the cops had a speed trap set up on Union Bridge. It's really not a bad strategy since people will likely speed to make up for the lost time due to the traffic. It still seemed a little fishy to me.