Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday UFC 144 Fights? 6pm

Saturday UFC 144 Fights? 6pm

EDIT: Barn has stepped up and offered to buy these at his house! (PM him for directions and he is asking to bring beer/alcohol to contribute)

Prelims start at 6:00PM (On FX)
    Main Fights starts at 8:00pm (On PPV)

Edgar vs Henderson (Title Match)
    Rampage vs Bader
    Ppetis vs Lauzon
    Akiyma vs Shields
    Congo vs Hunt
    FULL FIGHT CARD HERE: http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-144#/fight
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Feb 23rd, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Feeler: Saturday UFC 144 Fights? 8pm

This is a great card!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I could be in in this. Depending on location.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    This is a great card!
    I love your lack of commitment Barn!

So who are you going for?

These are mine (although not saying they will win, just who I want to win)

Henderson
    Ramage
    Petis
    Akiyama (pretty sure if he doesn't win this he may be out of the UFC)
    Kongo

Word. Very seldom do I actually "root" for a particular fighter, so I don't have much of a vested opinion in who wins these fights. The only one that I maybe have a slight preference toward, would be Joe Lauzon; but really, I just hope they're exciting fights that further the guy's careers. And this card really does have some great match-ups. I get the feeling that somebody in the Hunt v. Kongo matched is going to get KTFO.

As far as coming over, I'll try and let you know, Nate. You'll have to do your best to remember though, that I have a wife that loves to watch UFC also, and that we have five children that require our care. Leaving the house to go watch UFC, isn't always our wisest option. =)
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I would be down. Champs changed their deal up a bit. They no longer give a food credit. Still a good place to watch the fights. There is also a place on Arapahoe and 25 called Finn McCools that we have been going to now that JDs doesnt show the fights anymore. I think they charge as well.

Either way we should get a head count an make a reservation.

As far as coming over, I'll try and let you know, Nate. You'll have to do your best to remember though, that I have a wife that loves to watch UFC also, and that we have five children that require our care. Leaving the house to go watch UFC, isn't always our wisest option. =)
    I never said we had to do it at my house, but can't put the invite out to your house! As I said I am open to whatever!

But yeah how can I forget this, you bring it up everytime I invite you for any UFC YOU need to remember though that it is not easy to set up this when people won't commit and not about to buy the fights for a chance someone comes over last minute. Just got to think both ways man....

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I would be down. Champs changed their deal up a bit. They no longer give a food credit. Still a good place to watch the fights. There is also a place on Arapahoe and 25 called Finn McCools that we have been going to now that JDs doesnt show the fights anymore. I think they charge as well.

Either way we should get a head count an make a reservation.
    No way! They must have changed this recently then! Last fights I went to Red and Jerry's instead (had terrible food though), so must have happened on the last fight...how lame!

I am down for whatever man, so we will check it out as we see if more people are interested! I am watching these fights regardless, but would be nice to get a crew to wacth them together again like the old CSC days!

I might be up for this. Let me check to ensure I don't have something going on with the wife and I'll let you know.

go rampage
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Alright, screw it.... If you guys want to come over and watch them at my place, then call your mom, cause it's on.

The PPV is on me, and I'll try to get Tanya to cook up something good. Ya'll can bring the beer!

Oh yeah... I normally start watching everything very early, so I'll have the (streaming) Facebook prelims going, and the FX prelims.

Edit: I live near the intersection of Arapahoe Rd. and Potomac (think ~3 miles E. of I-25). You can PM me or give me a ring for more specifics.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Feb 22nd, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

This sounds awesome. I might already have plans but will know once the weekend gets closer.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Alright, screw it.... If you guys want to come over and watch them at my place, then call your mom, cause it's on.

The PPV is on me, and I'll try to get Tanya to cook up something good. Ya'll can bring the beer!

Oh yeah... I normally start watching everything very early, so I'll have the (streaming) Facebook prelims going, and the FX prelims.

Edit: I live near the intersection of Arapahoe Rd. and Potomac (think ~3 miles E. of I-25). You can PM me or give me a ring for more specifics.
    So, what's going to happen is at least one of us will show up, we'll get engrossed in the fights, and then you and your wife will slip away for a while? You paying for the PPV is the babysitting fee, correct?

J/K. That's mighty nice of you to offer to host.

Holy shit a commitment days before the fights even! So proud of you Barn!

Nice, thanks Barn, you know Eileen and I will be there for sure

If anyone is not sure where Barn lives and is close to Belleview and Santa Fe we could always car pool or meet up somehere on the way! I will be getting there early as I watch ALL the fights too.

okay i called my mom. she says its cool. can Mdub come over if i bring a sixxer or more..???

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Holy shit a commitment days before the fights even! So proud of you Barn!
    Please.... You know I've ordered every UFC at my house, since Rich Franklin was still teaching Math.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    okay i called my mom. she says its cool. can Mdub come over if i bring a sixxer or more..???
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Please.... You know I've ordered every UFC at my house, since Rich Franklin was still teaching Math.
    True, but I've never been one to invite myself, so I wait for you to invite!

Glad we got this set up

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    So, what's going to happen is at least one of us will show up, we'll get engrossed in the fights, and then you and your wife will slip away for a while? You paying for the PPV is the babysitting fee, correct?

J/K. That's mighty nice of you to offer to host.
    Ha! I hadn't actually thought about that until now, but I'll keep it in mind!

So yeah.. If anybody besides Nate and his girl, and Mdub are planning on coming by, just do what you can to post up or let me know somehow. When I broke the news on Tanya last night, she only asked that I let her know how many she's cooking for!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Ha! I hadn't actually thought about that until now, but I'll keep it in mind!

So yeah.. If anybody besides Nate and his girl, and Mdub are planning on coming by, just do what you can to post up or let me know somehow. When I broke the news on Tanya last night, she only asked that I let her know how many she's cooking for!
    Barn if your kids are up for making a new friend the wife kid and i may come by my wife and i like watching the fights and my kid loves making new buddies.

To quote a NIKE t-shirt that I used to wear in 8th grade.... "The mo colors, the mo better!"
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Barn if your kids are up for making a new friend the wife kid and i may come by my wife and i like watching the fights and my kid loves making new buddies.
    Hell yeah DO IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    If anyone is not sure where Barn lives I posted it on Facebook and on Craigslist events.
    Nice work!
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Psshhh... Nate can barely post on the CSC.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson