Thread: Superstreet tires

Superstreet tires

I thought this would be the most appropriate category to post this, if not, please feel free to move.

Not sure if everyone knows but I (and thus, Sol Performance) have made a switch of race tire brand we support. We are now a Pirelli race tire dealer. We made the switch for two major reasons. One is that Pirelli allows for more freedom in running our business as we feel fit. The other reason is that the pricing of these tires are more in tune to average people like you and I.

As such, I would like to extend a special for the people considering doing the MRA Superstreet races in 2012. We all know that racing is not a cheap sport at all. On the top of the expense list is race tires. Well, I would like to make that less of a burden to get out to the track. I am offering a STEEP discount on your first set of tires. This deal is for the riders that need all the help they can get to enter into the MRA superstreet race. If you don't know about it yet, check it out here. http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtop...ht=superstreet

Unfortunately, I am not able to list prices here. So if this interests any of you guys (and gals!) please PM or email me and I will fill you in on the specifics.

race on race'as

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Superstreet tires

Super street runs DOTs, right? Not slicks?

Fwiw, I'm glad you switched, I love my Pirellis, and now you're making SS closer to a reality. That's awesome.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Super street runs DOTs, right? Not slicks?
    You can run whatever you want. I have always liked the P's and I will be on them this year.

Yep, bueller is right. You can run DOTs or slicks for superstreet.

Thanks for the good words Ghost. I know that I have always wanted to go to the track and at least know what it feels like to race. I am sure most of us on CSC had that same feeling. I am just trying to do what I can to bring that to light for all of us.

I am also trying to put some sort of seminar or informational session together to talk tires. Not sure if it will be before each superstreet race or just a big one for everyone. I will keep you posted.

Dream on dreamas

970.SOL.TIRE

What tire competes with the Q2s, picking up my race bike today or Saturday. Going to need some tires rubber.
    MRA #595
    01' YZF R6 RACE (Kinky Kylie)
    Facebook - Shawn Parrish

Quote Originally Posted by Stank Juic3 View Post
    What tire competes with the Q2s, picking up my race bike today or Saturday. Going to need some tires rubber.
    http://solperformance.com/Pirelli_Race_Tires.html

There are two types that are in the same classification as the Q2 tire.

Diablo Supercorsa Pros (SP): Basically it's the track day version of the Pirelli big brother the Diablo Supercorsa SC. It has a great amount of grip and predictability. In tire tests, it's been quantified as almost the perfect tire, besides price. (That's where I step in)

Diablo Rosso Corsa: These are ideal sport bike street tire. Great grip, long lasting tread and handles adverse weather with ease.

If I were in your shoes, I would roll with the Supercorsa PRO. Especially if your bike is going to be used mainly at the track.

pick on pickas

970.SOL.TIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Scer View Post
    Yep, bueller is right. You can run DOTs or slicks for superstreet.

Thanks for the good words Ghost. I know that I have always wanted to go to the track and at least know what it feels like to race. I am sure most of us on CSC had that same feeling. I am just trying to do what I can to bring that to light for all of us.

I am also trying to put some sort of seminar or informational session together to talk tires. Not sure if it will be before each superstreet race or just a big one for everyone. I will keep you posted.

Dream on dreamas
    That would all be cool.

Superstreet is tempting because it's a cheaper way to dip your toes in the water.
    I know it's not "real" racing, but it's more than a track day for less than trying to get into racing.

Plus, fwiw, I think the mixed bikes and even tires make it interesting.

http://solperformance.com/Pirelli_Race_Tires.html

There are two types that are in the same classification as the Q2 tire.

Diablo Supercorsa Pros (SP): Basically it's the track day version of the Pirelli big brother the Diablo Supercorsa SC. It has a great amount of grip and predictability. In tire tests, it's been quantified as almost the perfect tire, besides price. (That's where I step in)

Diablo Rosso Corsa: These are ideal sport bike street tire. Great grip, long lasting tread and handles adverse weather with ease.

If I were in your shoes, I would roll with the Supercorsa PRO. Especially if your bike is going to be used mainly at the track.

pick on pickas
    I've got the Diablo Supercorsa SPs, I swapped to them from Q2s and Michelins before the Q2s (actually ran Michelins for almost my entire riding career).

This was my first experience with the Pirellis and I got them after reading a bunch of great reviews. They really pushed my budget to get them, but I think they were totally worth it.

I've done 3 full track days on them plus canyon rides, and they are absolutely my favorite tires to date and could still do probably one more track day.

My bike's a 600RR, so I don't really push them on acceleration like a liter bike would, and don't know how they'd handle the power.

But for me, I found them completely confidence-inspiring, stable yet quick, never got greasy, predictable even under heavy/late braking. Profile was between the Pilot and Q2, and seemed to combine the best characteristics of both tires without any noticeable flaws that I could find (though I admit I'm not an expert, so people with more skill than I might be able to find some issues at the ragged edge I didn't get to).

Overall, great tire, and I can't thank Scer enough for doing this.

Awesome all around. Thanks man!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Well damn, I don't think I need to do any more kind of promoting or marketing of the Pirellis. Ghost will just take care of all for me now!
    Thanks for the review of the tires Ghost. These are the best testaments to what a tire will be like. Not anything that the manufactures say nor what your dealer might tell you either. I can say all the facts and comparisons until I am blue in the face but the fact of the matter is the rider really has to find out for themselves.

I am glad to see that some guys have already contacted me about this deal. If anyone has any more questions please feel to contact me anytime.

learn on learnas

970.SOL.TIRE

Ghost
    I have a 600RR and I used Michelins for the last 5 years and I like them but I am looking into switching to Pirellis if the price is right.

did you end up getting a better feeling with the pirellis then the michelins?

That would all be cool.

Superstreet is tempting because it's a cheaper way to dip your toes in the water.
    I know it's not "real" racing, but it's more than a track day for less than trying to get into racing.

Plus, fwiw, I think the mixed bikes and even tires make it interesting.

I've got the Diablo Supercorsa SPs, I swapped to them from Q2s and Michelins before the Q2s (actually ran Michelins for almost my entire riding career).

This was my first experience with the Pirellis and I got them after reading a bunch of great reviews. They really pushed my budget to get them, but I think they were totally worth it.

I've done 3 full track days on them plus canyon rides, and they are absolutely my favorite tires to date and could still do probably one more track day.

My bike's a 600RR, so I don't really push them on acceleration like a liter bike would, and don't know how they'd handle the power.

But for me, I found them completely confidence-inspiring, stable yet quick, never got greasy, predictable even under heavy/late braking. Profile was between the Pilot and Q2, and seemed to combine the best characteristics of both tires without any noticeable flaws that I could find (though I admit I'm not an expert, so people with more skill than I might be able to find some issues at the ragged edge I didn't get to).

Overall, great tire, and I can't thank Scer enough for doing this.

Awesome all around. Thanks man!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Well damn, I don't think I need to do any more kind of promoting or marketing of the Pirellis. Ghost will just take care of all for me now!
    Thanks for the review of the tires Ghost. These are the best testaments to what a tire will be like. Not anything that the manufactures say nor what your dealer might tell you either. I can say all the facts and comparisons until I am blue in the face but the fact of the matter is the rider really has to find out for themselves.

I am glad to see that some guys have already contacted me about this deal. If anyone has any more questions please feel to contact me anytime.

learn on learnas
    Lol, sorry to jack your thread, but I am honestly and thoroughly impressed with these tires--I literally cannot say enough about just how much I love them.

Maybe these aren't the best for everyone, maybe better riders can find faults, but for me, I've found my tire.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey View Post
    Ghost
    I have a 600RR and I used Michelins for the last 5 years and I like them but I am looking into switching to Pirellis if the price is right.

did you end up getting a better feeling with the pirellis then the michelins?
    Yes. Across the board there was better feel/feedback, especially in the colder ambient air temps as well as cold (I don't have tire warmers) tire temps.

The SPs came up to temp quickly, much quicker than the Pilots did, yet they didn't get greasy even when the tire, track or air temps got up there (August track day at HPR was pretty damn hot).

I didn't notice a lot of difference in the rear when compared to the Michelins, other than it did warm up much quicker. When you pushed past its limit it was a smooth break (like the Michelin) and didn't get greasy (though again, a liter bike might be different, my 600RR isn't exactly a torque monster).

I also swear (though most may not) that I can feel where the tire transitions from the softer to the harder compounds on the Michelins, but the Pirellis feel like they're all one compound, with no change in characteristics at heavy or light lean angles. I'm admittedly a ham-fisted rider, with heavy and late braking, so I tend to load the front a lot, yet even then the Pirelli gave me more grip and more feel than the Michelins or Q2s did.

The Pirelli SP front tire is just way better at communicating what's going on up front. It never felt vague, turn-in was quick but didn't feel like it "fell" over and even when hot it stayed predictable. The Michelins (Pures and Ones, I've run both) are good, but I never got the level of feedback from them that I wanted.

Yet, amazingly, the Pirellis seem to wear a lot better and last a lot longer than the Michelins did. Usually I could kill the Michelins in 2 full track days, my current tires have 3 and could probably do a 4th.

Again, YMMV, but for me, it was worth the extra $$ to get these tires since I got way more enjoyment and confidence out of them--and that's worth it in the end.

/hijack
    Last edited by Ghost; Sun Feb 26th, 2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: DYAC
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Thank you so much for the feedback
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Lol, sorry to jack your thread, but I am honestly and thoroughly impressed with these tires--I literally cannot say enough about just how much I love them.
    No worries at all. I just want to make the disclaimer that I did not pay you at all for your testimony. lol

Seriously, thank you for your review. I understand that to some people, tires are just tires. But I take great pride in pairing the rider with tires that work for them and tuning that combination to exploit all the benefits possible that we can!

Again thank you for your information and i would like to invite anyone with questions to either post her, PM or write me any time.

play on playas

970.SOL.TIRE

Heh, for the record, no one's ever paid me--not that I'd be opposed if someone wants to comp me a set of Pirellis mounted on a free Lamborghini Aventador or Ducati Desmo
    ~Hunter S. Thompson