Thread: Rocky Mountain Kawasaki

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Rocky Mountain Kawasaki

After putting 18,500+ miles on my Z last year, I figured it was time to take the bike in to get a few things done to it.
    Have them track down why I've lost 4 mi/gal since CoPow replaced the stator the 2nd time
    Valves adjusted (cause doing it myself is a pain)
    New chain (could do it myself, but again a pain)
    Air Filter
    Plugs

I also received a letter in the mail letting me know that Kawi is recalling the regulator on my bike because it goes crazy and can short out a stator or cause injury or death. I could have told them that a stator ago, but I digress.

I did not make an appointment, figuring they could get to it when they could. RMK was not open when I got there, so I parked the bike, pushed the key under the door, and hitched a ride to work. I was planning on calling them right at 9AM, but I was called into a meeting. I had just got off the phone @ 9:17AM and my cell rings. It was Grant from service calling to say he recognized the bike, was worried that I was having stator problems again and figured he should give me a call to let me know they'd get that regulator replaced as soon as possible. I laughed and said that was just icing on the cake, but I also needed a list of other things done. He said they could probably get it done by Friday, but it might be Tuesday. I told him I needed the bike back by the 16th, and anything before that was gravy. He said they'll do their best to have it back in time for me to ride this weekend.

Grant and Marv have always listened to the issues I bring forward with the bike and have never given me the "How would you know" look I get at a certain other dealership. I really appreciate the fact that he took the time to call me concerned that I was having another stator issue and even with out an appointment, get me in and out as fast as possible. Thanks Guys!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Re: Rocky Mountain Kawasaki

I've always had good dealings with the guys up there. I take my C14 up there for all the major services/warranty work and have never had a problem.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold