Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tips for carrying a passenger?

Re: Tips for carrying a passenger?

im sure it has been touched on, but think about the percentage that you are adding in weight.

500lb bike (which is probably a little heavier then most of the bikes we ride), say you are 180,, and have a 130lb passenger. thats adding another 20%.

basically like putting 800lbs in the back seat of your sedan... lol or 1000lbs in the bed of your truck.... you are going to notice. hahaha

i should also add this simple rule for passenger communication techniques..

rub the left leg if we are going to slow, right leg if we are going to fast,,, and rub in the middle if it's just right...

lol jk...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chad4000 View Post
    i should also add this simple rule for passenger communication techniques..

rub the left leg if we are going to slow, right leg if we are going to fast,,, and rub in the middle if it's just right...

lol jk...

.. OMG!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Due to Chris S. running over something up a few miles before Walden Saturday, and the fact that we couldn't fix his rear tire, he was my passenger all the way down 14 then to Longmont. It was kind of interesting having another 200+lbs on the back going down the canyon! I still made it down from Walden out of the canyon in less than 1-1/2 hours so we couldn't get caught in the canyon at dusk/night. Had to stop for a minute at the fatal M/C accident just East of the 'Mish. RIP.

I told Chris if I ever have to ride him "bitch" again he's gonna need to go on a diet! That was the first male passenger I've had to give a ride in over 25 years, and by far the heaviest. I gotta say the bike handled it well though, even though I'm sure we were right at or close to GVWR for that thing.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    It was kind of interesting having another 200+lbs on my back or going down!

I told Chris if I ever have to ride him "bitch" again he's gonna need to go on a diet! That was the first male I've ridden in over 25 years, and by far the heaviest. I gotta say he handled it well though.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I used to say this too, but I now believe there is a small percentage of riders, who have no desire to push their limits and expand their comfort zone, that go through their entire riding career without ever putting their bike down.

Nonetheless, dress for the crash, not the ride (aka: sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't).
    Ummm, sorry, those that haven't been down is due almost entirely to LUCK. I know plenty of people like you mentioned, and most of them have crashed due to circumstances that would never give most of us pause, but were either unmaneageable for their extremely limited skills, or so unavoidable even Rossi couldn't avoid it. I can say the skills I've acquired over almost 30 years have helped me avoid accidents before they even happened, or saved ones that were normally iminent, but I'll still say there's a lot of luck involved and without that luck I'd have crashed more.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You ever get a flat on a ride with me, yer WALKIN' the 150miles home!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Reasons 486, 487 and 489 why Frank's ex's are the way they are....
    Nah, they're just K#nts.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I told Chris if I ever have to ride him "bitch" again he's gonna need to go on a diet! That was the first male passenger I've had to give a ride in over 25 years, and by far the heaviest. I gotta say the bike handled it well though, even though I'm sure we were right at or close to GVWR for that thing.

Not looking to ride bitch, but you prolly wouldn't even notice me back there.
    John
    KTM Duke 690