Thread: New iPad!

New iPad!

Here's a good review of Apple's latest cash swilling, Chinese-made wonder.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c22...eatured_videos

Re: New iPad!

yeah i saw folks on Daybreak on channel 2 waiting in line...1st thought : wow folks have nothing better to do on a gorgeous friday morning? 2nd, Hey Channel 2 no other news but to broadcast people waiting in line...???

oH btw the video is funnee...grt start for me......gotto go to work.

Nice find Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    yeah i saw folks on Daybreak on channel 2 waiting in line...1st thought : wow folks have nothing better to do on a gorgeous friday morning? 2nd, Hey Channel 2 no other news but to broadcast people waiting in line...???

I love people like this that need the newest stuff because I come in and buy there old stuff for way cheap. Buddy who has to have this new Ipad just sold me his old one for $200....score!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

there is that. good score

Amelia Earhart from 9 was at some Apple store this morning.... Ugh, must be a slow day for them to waste their efforts to talk to idiots, er customers, that need to have the newest thing as soon as they can... One guys reasoning,"It has a higher megapixel camera"
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

there is that. good score
    Yeah, he told me how it does not have a camera though and acted like this new feature is such a must have. My phone has a camera and I can easily transfer a pic to the Ipad, so I don't get some of these people, but Ilike the deals they give.

Nate, so you gonna make me a smokin deal on your old touchpad seeing your in the big league now??
    say half of what you paid??

Quote Originally Posted by SaShWhO View Post
    Nate, so you gonna make me a smokin deal on your old touchpad seeing your in the big league now??
    say half of what you paid??
    Ummmm...nope! I've actually already got three offers on it that are willing to pay me what I paid for it, but think I am going to flash it to Android so I have HP, Android, and IPad operating systems. I actually like the HP better for some things like internet, but Ipad has the best apps and battery life!

Plus Eileen uses my Touchpad now...sorry. Plus you always tell me your are broke anyways

lemme jk this thread....just sat dwn at work. damn it was hard not to turn around and ride all day.......well i guess i can walk outside later....yeah......

If you're an iPad developer, you need it today so you can test all the stuff you're been simulating for the last few months.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

It's funny, but the people who are so anti-new apple product make just as big a deal about the new Apple product, as the Apple freaks who have to have it first, before anyone else, just because it exists.

My new iPad will be arriving shortly, but I upgraded from the first gen iPad. Already sold my old one for $300. But then, I use the shit out of my iPad, and it's not some toy, so the whole $200 I spent out of my pocket to get the new one after two years, is well worth it to me. I would consider another device, as I am not the typical Apple fanboy. But for now the iPad does what I need it to do. If you compare it to the typical laptop (even a macbook), it holds its value better. A loss of 20% value per year is pretty low on electronics. My brand new car that is 1 year old, lost over 25% of its value in the first year.

Android device updates are typically released as often, if not more often, than Apple product updates. A good example is the Asus Transformer... Released on March 30, 2011. 8.5 months later, on Dec 12, 2011, the Transformer Prime is released. Look at all the other tablets out there that are already in their 2nd and 3rd generation. This is because all of them are struggling to keep up with the every year updates that Apple continues with. You have to admit, as little as Apple updates on their devices each year, people buy and buy and buy... Apple devices won't reign supreme in the tablet arena for long, but they will provide stiff competition to Android tablets.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I don't understand the Apple hate either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's funny, but the people who are so anti-new apple product make just as big a deal about the new Apple product, as the Apple freaks who have to have it first, before anyone else, just because it exists.

My new iPad will be arriving shortly, but I upgraded from the first gen iPad. Already sold my old one for $300. But then, I use the shit out of my iPad, and it's not some toy, so the whole $200 I spent out of my pocket to get the new one after two years, is well worth it to me. I would consider another device, as I am not the typical Apple fanboy. But for now the iPad does what I need it to do. If you compare it to the typical laptop (even a macbook), it holds its value better. A loss of 20% value per year is pretty low on electronics. My brand new car that is 1 year old, lost over 25% of its value in the first year.

Android device updates are typically released as often, if not more often, than Apple product updates. A good example is the Asus Transformer... Released on March 30, 2011. 8.5 months later, on Dec 12, 2011, the Transformer Prime is released. Look at all the other tablets out there that are already in their 2nd and 3rd generation. This is because all of them are struggling to keep up with the every year updates that Apple continues with. You have to admit, as little as Apple updates on their devices each year, people buy and buy and buy... Apple devices won't reign supreme in the tablet arena for long, but they will provide stiff competition to Android tablets.
    So expalin then why you needed the newest version? I think that was more about what this thread was about; people that have to spend a few hundred to get the newest one that comes out. And not being a hater (like I said above I own one), just wondering why so many people feel they need to dish out hundreds just for a slightly better model.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I didn't see the need to upgrade from my iPad2, but if I had a first gen I probably would have. I may go play with one and see if the retina display is all that (it was on the iPhone, but much smaller screen), but even using my iPad almost every day I just don't have a compelling reason to go drop $800+ on a new one. That said, I do want to try out some of my aviation apps on one, but it's hard to do that at the store.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I've never owned an iPad but when I do, it'll be the new one.

I won't do it, but I'd love to upgrade my wifi only iPad2 for the retina display and 4G LTE. Those are two pretty nice additions to the iPad2 IMO.

Actually Tom Green said something really funny along the lines of "we don't live video of the thousands of people who don't care but.."
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

...and he also added " i made my own version of the i-pad..."

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

I rated it as Funny.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!