Thread: dont blame the Rat

Angry dont blame the Rat

As Chuck E. Cheese Goes So Goes America (WTF is wrong with us???)

Submitted by SpecialAgentGibbs on Fri, 03/16/2012 - 7:41pm. The American Dream
    Friday, March 16, 2012
    Why are wild brawls breaking out at Chuck E. Cheese restaurants all over the United States? Sadly, the epidemic of Chuck E. Cheese fights that we have seen in recent months is just another symptom of what is happening to America on a larger scale. The truth is that the fabric of our society is slowly but surely coming apart, and the rest of the world is laughing at us. But it is really sad to see Chuck E. Cheese become known more for brawls than for entertainment. When I was a kid, I loved to go to Chuck E. Cheese. The combination of pizza, arcade games and animatronic music shows was irresistible. But if you go to Chuck E. Cheese today, there is a chance that you might get taken out of there in an ambulance. In Susquehanna, Pennsylvania police were called out to one particular Chuck E. Cheese restaurant 17 times in just one recent 18 month time period. Of course it is not just Chuck E. Cheese that is having these kinds of problems. All over the nation we are seeing brawls break out in public places, we are seeing thieves become incredibly bold, and we are seeing a general breakdown in civilized behavior. So where does America go from here?
    That is a very good question.
    If we are seeing parents brawl with each other in front of their children at Chuck E. Cheese restaurants all over America, what does that say about the character of our citizens?
    Susquehanna Police Chief Robert Martin told ABC News the followingabout why there have been so many of these brawls in his neck of the woods….
    “It got crowded, and kids would run into each other or fight over games, which would lead to parents getting involved in fights.”
    When I was growing up I don’t remember parents getting into wild brawls.
    So what has changed?
    These days, many Americans seem to be so “on edge” that just about anything can cause them to snap. The following is what one mother remembers after being brutally attacked by another mother while at Chuck E. Cheese….
    “All I remember was hitting the floor and being kicked again and again in the head,” she told “Nightline.” “I think her husband jumped in and was kicking me too.”
    Clifton said she believes she was targeted because her children were taking too long in the photo booth.
    “My daughter threw up, and another one of the children wet their pants because they were so scared,” she said.
    If you go on to YouTube and do a search for “Check E. Cheese fight” it will bring up dozens and dozens of search results.
    But of course the same could be said about Denny’s, IHOP and McDonald’s too.
    The Chuck E. Cheese brawls are particularly disturbing because Chuck E. Cheese is supposed to be a place for children. It is supposed to be a place where they can feel safe and forget about the worries of the world for a little while.
    Unfortunately, Chuck E. Cheese is now a place where violence could break out at any time. For example, the following is a news report about a 60 year old grandmother that was taken away in an ambulance after being brutally attacked at a Chuck E. Cheese in Michigan….
    This next video is a compilation of news reports about brawls at Chuck E. Cheese put together by Current TV….
    [iframe http://www.youtube.com/embed/SWoE6Ih3EmI?feature=player_embedded 560 349]
    If you want to see more you can go on to YouTube and watch restaurant brawl videos from all over America for hours.
    So why are Americans acting this way?
    What is causing all of this anger and frustration to come out?

i really thought it was the awful tasting beer and short shelf life pizza.

Gold Member

Re: dont blame the Rat

Damn i didnt know for this kind of fun i had to go there..... ive been wasting my time with biker bars.

damn townie you should gone to denver's st. patty's....

eh no brawl but there was this one kid stunting..heheheehhheeh

Its basically because parents do not know how to parent. They think their kids are angels and if anyone says anything to them about their little piece of selfish shit kids they get mad. People now days are motivated by things that drive their lives further and further away from the things that make this world a better place (for us all to live) in a self motivated direction.

From time to time I take my son to a place called Monkey Business, its basically an indoor place for kids to play. On any given day there will be 25 or so parents and maybe 40 kids and out of the 25 parents 15 of them are dicking around on their smart phones, 5 of them are talking in a small (high school type) circle and the remaining 5 are just sitting around watching kids run bye. The only time you really see parents interacting with their kids there is when they are small and need assistance on some of the things. Its always funny to me but if you were to pay attention like my crazy ass does you would see that its just a place for parents to take their kids so that they do not have to deal with them. There was a kid one time that was being terrible and when I said something to him "hey guy watch out for the little kids" the dad put his phone down long enough to come over and ask me what I said to his kid. I told him that I said "you should go tell your dad to get off his phone and stop letting you push the little kids around" Probably could have been a fight right there but he just grabbed his kid and left.

Hell my neighbors take their 3 and 5 year olds to a pre-pre school 4 days a week from 8am-6pm and she is a "stay at home mom"!

Honestly, I am sick and tired of people chasing the "American dream" of having a family when raising kids the right way is too much to ask for. Raising kids is hard and its not a job that corners should not be cut while doing.

Rant over
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Mon Mar 19th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    damn townie you should gone to denver's st. patty's....

eh no brawl but there was this one kid stunting..heheheehhheeh
    Had to work. I had a diesel pusher motor home with dead batteries in denver. Good times.

Read the article in the OP, went to YT and searched for videos. Is there any way to comment on the phenomena without sounding racist?
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    Read the article in the OP, went to YT and searched for videos. Is there any way to comment on the phenomena without sounding racist?
    As I read the OP I was wondering what the racial make up was like. Suspicion confirmed. Not surprised. NOT RACIST...just not surprised.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Hell my neighbors take their 3 and 5 year olds to a pre-pre school 4 days a week from 8am-6pm and she is a "stay at home mom"!
    Yeah I have never understood that...
    I have a friend who swears that staying at home with her two kids is the hardest job in the world. When I was 5 and my sister was 3 (her kids' ages), my mom was working 40+ hrs/wk, taking care of us, and going back to school for her degree. I think said friend's head would explode... lol
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Have Frank do it?

I'm not surprised people are losing their shit at Chuck E Cheeze. Spend more than 45 minutes in that place and you will want to punch a grandma too just because the universe has chosen to bestow that circus upon you.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Can't see the video here. But, I'll say reality is not racist. If, in fact, more violence is happening in certein ethnic groups, well, that's just statistics then isn't it? Was the "Shelly" guy in the "WTF?" link I posted a while ago white? Did I say anything?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Its basically because parents do not know how to parent. They think their kids are angels and if anyone says anything to them about their little piece of selfish shit kids they get mad. People now days are motivated by things that drive their lives further and further away from the things that make this world a better place (for us all to live) in a self motivated direction.

From time to time I take my son to a place called Monkey Business, its basically an indoor place for kids to play. On any given day there will be 25 or so parents and maybe 40 kids and out of the 25 parents 15 of them are dicking around on their smart phones, 5 of them are talking in a small (high school type) circle and the remaining 5 are just sitting around watching kids run bye. The only time you really see parents interacting with their kids there is when they are small and need assistance on some of the things. Its always funny to me but if you were to pay attention like my crazy ass does you would see that its just a place for parents to take their kids so that they do not have to deal with them. There was a kid one time that was being terrible and when I said something to him "hey guy watch out for the little kids" the dad put his phone down long enough to come over and ask me what I said to his kid. I told him that I said "you should go tell your dad to get off his phone and stop letting you push the little kids around" Probably could have been a fight right there but he just grabbed his kid and left.

Honestly, I am sick and tired of people chasing the "American dream" of having a family when raising kids the right way is too much to ask for. Raising kids is hard and its not a job that corners should not be cut while doing.

Rant over
    I agree 100%! Kids are not raised the way they used to be and now we have a bunch of spoiled brats that are used to having everything handed to them.

In ways I do blame this on parents not able to disipline their kids like they use to with a spank or slap. I don't care what anyone says, but I respected my mom when I was young and one of the reason is because I knew she would give me a good smack if I talked back or disrespected her and it kept me in line! I never took it as abuse and knew I deserved it if it came to that point. Now we have parents sending kids to their room for a punishment and in their rooms are their cell phone, pc (internet, chating, twitter, etc), video games and tons of other things I doubt they really earned!

Honetly lately I have been worried about how the younger generations act.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

My parents spanked us and I will say it worked My dad was a Firefighter so if we acted up when he was at work we would get it nice and early when he got off shift... 8am spankings are something to be feared My mom used to have a wooden spoon in the car, sometimes she would be driving, looking forward and flailing the spoon in the back seat. Good times.

It is sad that parents cant spank their kids but really its the parents fault that they cant. People have lost touch of what the point of spanking is. They do it whenever they want (in public) and to whatever level they want (child abuse). Because of this, and laws in many states now, people do not feel comfortable doing it. I think that if its something done in the privacy of your house, it IS used for punishment, the parent understands what they are doing and the kid isnt going to school with bruises there is NO problem with it.

Im sure my kids will think I was a strict parent but I CANT STAND how disrespectful and rude our society is. People cant do simple things like say please and thank you, hold doors open for each other and get off their fucking phones to talk to the person checking them out. I guess I feel like its my opportunity to put a positive contribution out there in the world.

Senior Member Moderator

When my sister was 14ish she used to sneak out of the house to hang with her 20-something "boyfriend" and his friends. One particular night I remember my dad going to the dude's house to get my sister and her friend. I'm surprised my dad kept his cool and didn't send the guy to the hospital.

Anyway, on the drive back she started giving my dad attitude so he smacked her. Her friend started screaming "abuse" so he smacked her too. After that, they told him they were going to go to the police. So my dad drove straight to the local precinct and told them to go report him. They went in, told their story, and were laughed out of the building. God, I miss the eighties.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Not a loss, place always had bad pizza, and poor performing games...I hated it as a kid. Only ever went once to someones B-day party.

I've never actually been in a Chuck E. Cheese or had their food as carry out. From the outside, it looks like a place I wouldn't like.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"