Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a gun can make you see them.

Gold Member

Re: Carrying a gun can make you see them.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20...-teen-is-shot/

Here you go. Still doesnt give reason why Zimmerman felt he was such a danger besides walking in the rain. Also the kid was on the phone with a girl who at one point tells him to run. Remember this could be your kid. I used to love walkung in the rain when i was kid. This guy over exaggerated this whole thing. Scared a kid into runnng away and then got in a fight with him. Started losing and shot the kid. Fuck this guy. If they dont file charges i hope florida has riots . Dont start no shit wont be no shit.

the neighbors saw Zimmerman wrestling on top of the kid. I think he's pretty much fucked.

There are people trying to make this a racial issue, but I think George Zimmerman is just no better than a low rent guardian angel who had nothing better to do with his time than bully teenage kids.

He's going to get his one way or the other.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

"Others members of the community, including Ibrahim Rashada, told reporters that Zimmerman’s behavior was sometimes unnerving, as when the watchman emailed a description of a suspect to other residents. “I fit the stereotype he emailed around,” Rashada said. After that, Rashada didn’t feel comfortable taking walks around his neighborhood. “I don’t want anyone chasing me,” he said."

ROFL

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...neighbors.html
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Listen people that were not there that think they were.... (Trust me I am taking into account that you have seen and read stuff on the internet and TV)

The cops questioned Zimmerman and still think that he acted in self defense.

What is with people that think they know what happened when they dont know what happened? Not that its going to change anything but a HUGE part of the problem in America is that people think they know things that they dont know and they are willing to stand by it.

Quit acting like Trayvon might not have acted like he was going for a gun because a bigger, older guy was following him. Or that Trayvon was trying to be a bad ass. Quit acting like Zimmerman didnt jump the gun and freak out before he knew the kid had a gun or that its a conspiracy and the government is covering up an alien murder...

The bottom line is that smart people try to put things together and they really start to look like idiots. YOU KNOW NOTHING. YOU ARE ASSUMING, and if you started shit with the wrong person and got shot because you decided to act tuff and then ran away and got followed, well then its your own fault if you thought acting like you had a gun was a good idea. At the same time if you had a gun on you and you decided to pull it out on some punk ass kid that was running his mouth and nothing more, you deserve whats coming to you.

The reality (unfortunately) is that people, even if they were right there, can not tell the truth anymore. Sad that someone that was present during a "situation" can not recall accurately what happened but is willing to give a statement. What you hear, by the time you hear it, is nothing but a magnified version of the game telephone just broadcast via biased media sources and over half the people that relay the information that they hear are not smart enough to brush their teeth in the morning (so you have to figure at some level its back asswords and probably at least 3% correct).

Either way, how does the outcome of this affect you or anyone you know? It doesnt. So why dont you start to worry about things that matter? Like saying please and thank you, holding doors open for people, being polite, donating some time, using your fucking blinker, not bitching about our great country (no matter how bad its doing or who is in charge) and taking care of your own issues (imagine that one).

Almost everything that everyone is doing is contributing to the reason that things are the way they are in this country. It is not any one persons, parties, religions or regions fault we are where we are. It is purely the fact that most everyone is acting how the feel they should act and most everyone is WRONG.

Worry the fuck about yourselves and quit thinking you know the answers to the worlds problems (or what happened in Florida when you were not there)

Gold Member

Shit like this DOES affect me. Its guys like him that make my job hard. I have had very little problems with actual debtors. The one time I was shot at on the job..... the neighbor that had to stick his nose where it didn't belong. Every time I have issues on repos it involves someone that has nothing to do with it. Yes I wasn't there. No I don't know what was said or done. One thing im very and I do mean very good at is reading people. Zimmerman's actions speak a lot. He had made it up in his mind he was dealing with a drug crazed psychopath. He made that up in his mind. He left the safety of his home to start a confrontation that ended with a innocent kid being killed. Remember Zimmerman is not the only person here that has rights. That kid had the right to walk to the store in the rain if he wanted to. He also had the right to defend himself when some nut job came after him. He also had the right to run away. The kid ran away. How big of a threat was a kid running away from Zimmerman? At that point none. The kid running away means it was no longer self defense. The excuse of using self defense is gone. Zimmerman was not in danger. Zimmerman attacked a unarmed kid. He killed a innocent kid. This concerns me because he is going to get away with murder.

Gold Member

Oh and by the way what happened to the guy that shot at me for doing my job legally and professionally? Nothing. So yeah people who use guns on unarmed people stick a nerve with me.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

It's too bad that when the shooter pursued this kid and they eventually found themselves in the physical altercation, that Trayvon didn't have enough knowledge and training to defend himself adequately, and disarm Zimmerman, if not incapacitate him.

Obviously assumptions are being made here, but sometimes even assumptions combined with a little deduction, a little bit of anecdotal evidence, and little bit of common sense, can prove very telling and very logical. It's unfortunate to the N'th that Jeb Bush's "Stand your Ground" law (in all its absurd vagueness...) has muddied the water here, and stands to protect those that essentially "provoke" behavior that can then be turned into what the law may eventually perceive (and rule) as a "justifiable" homicide. Hopefully that will not happen here, but regardless a person's LIFE cannot be returned to them.

If Zimmerman would have acted this same way, and pulled this contrived bullshit against somebody different (like myself for instance) who is potentially physically capable of besting him and nullifying the weapon..... He would likely find himself as the deceased.

Or so I like to assume.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Mar 22nd, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

DOUBLE POST FOR #1TOWNIE

AND HERE IS HIS SIG SAYING HE DESERVES TO DIE
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    DOUBLE POST FOR #1TOWNIE

Get him!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    DOUBLE POST FOR #1TOWNIE

Haha that's why I put it on there. I know im bad at that.

Someone tracks you through your own neighborhood, corners you, pulls a gun and kills you. You tried to defend yourself but succumbed to your injury. Sounds like murder to me.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    Someone tracks you through your own neighborhood, corners you, pulls a gun and kills you. You tried to defend yourself but succumbed to your injury. Sounds like murder to me.
    IF, BIG IF, it was that simple, then it's more likely manslaughter, not murder. I think that if there was a fight over the gun, then they're both trying to defend themselves, and one unfortunately got shot and died. Also, it was the shooter's neighborhood too.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Gold Member

Ok frank you come into my neighborhood. Just moved in. I see you walkng around and it looks strange to me. You are just walking around talking on your phone. Not harming anyone. I decide you are a threat. I go out of my way to chase you down. You defend yourself because im coming after you chasing you. I can kill you because you tryd to run away and once i caught you you fought back? Come on man. Self defense from a person running away? What danger are you in when the person runs from you?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Ok frank you come into my neighborhood. Just moved in. I see you walkng around and it looks strange to me. You are just walking around talking on your phone. Not harming anyone. I decide you are a threat. I go out of my way to chase you down. You defend yourself because im coming after you chasing you. I can kill you because you tryd to run away and once i caught you you fought back? Come on man. Self defense from a person running away? What danger are you in when the person runs from you?
    He shouldn't have chased him, but that in itself is not a crime. If an altercation broke out, and 2 people were fighting over a weapon, either could have shot the other and the result would be the same. We don't know if the guy pulled the weapon, or the kid turned and grabbed it. We'll see how it shakes out. I actually tend to think the guy will eventually be found guilty of manslaughter, and I'd favor that outcome actually, I just don't want to see the guy lynched by the court system just because they're afraid the black community will riot, like what happened in the Rodney King trials. I want to see justice done, but it has to be right.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Think the whole reason he chased him was because they were a lot of burglaries in the area. He saw a person who looked like they didn't live there, and went to talk to them.

I'm on board with everything that happened up until this point.

Wasn't there a discussion just last month about what would you do if your neighbor got shot where lots of people were saying that you need to go help them? Seems to me this guy was initially trying to look out for his neighbors and prevent any more thefts from his neighborhood. Got out of hand obviously but as we don't know what happened, so I'm holding off judgement until the facts are in.

Gold Member

I never once said go shoot a unarmed kid. Big difference in helping someone calling for help and shooting a kid. Frank you are rught to a point. Chasing the kid down??? Come on man. You can tell by the tapes the guy was not thinking and just running on adrenaline. We cant have people running around and doung whatever they feel is right. This is how innocent people get hurt/killed. No other way around it.

So yeah bro chasing is not a crime but when you make a situationlethal you better have some damn good reasons for doing so. The kid had a right to defend himself as well. At this pount Zimmerman had not seen a crime take place. He had no reason to start anything with the kid besides he looked out of place. Thats not a crime either. Stop defending him frank. He killed a kid for no reason. Fuck em.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Chasing the kid down with a gun is likely a crime, even before he pulled the trigger.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Chasing the kid down with a gun is likely a crime, even before he pulled the trigger.
    IF he had the weapon already drawn before he chased, yes. Brandishing I believe.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member

Frank why are you defending this guy?? His motives are all fucked up and he killed a innocent kid. What are you defending? Innocent until proven guilty? Doesnt the same go for thw kid that got the death penalty for walking in the rain?

Frank why are you defending this guy?? His motives are all fucked up and he killed a innocent kid. What are you defending? Innocent until proven guilty? Doesnt the same go for thw kid that got the death penalty for walking in the rain?
    I'm not defending him. I'm saying until the facts are known, don't lynch him because of "outrage" in the black community anymore than you'd lynch a black man because of outrage in the white community. This is by no means a cut&dried case. Regardless of people here'spersonal feelings about the laws of the state of florida, that is in fact what matters here, and what the court should and WILL decide on. Well, unless they get brain-dead whitey-hatin' racists like at the OJ trial.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

How do you know he was "innocent"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Because he was not proven guilty? Duh!
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    SRSLY? In United States law, you are presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. Is the grade school education in this country that bad now that the basics of our country aren't taught to kids anymore? Or did you sleep thru it? I learned this shit in grade school. Jesus.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I should clarify fuckers.... THE KID! HOW DOES HE KNOW THE KID WAS "INNOCENT"

His motives are all fucked up and he killed a innocent kid.