I wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to Dave at STM. I was lucky enough to win a raffle for a fork upgrade from STM at the last Chicane track day. I decided that with upgraded forks I should probably do something about the rear shock as well and went to Dave with some ideas and questions. He was very helpful throughout the process and I wound up going with the ohlins fork internals and a penske rear shock for my 2007 R6.

Dave clearly knows his trade and was able to answer my questions every step of the way. Suspension is one area of bikes that still baffles me but Dave was able to take much of the mystery out of it. I picked up the bike in January but had only put maybe 100 street miles on it since getting it back so I waited to write this review.

Today I did my first track day with the new suspension out at HPR and I can say it made a world of difference. The bike was incredibly stable and didn’t throw any surprises my way. Something that could not be said about the stock suspension. I foresee some big drops in my lap times this season once I get it dialed in a bit more for my riding style. I’m looking forward to fine tuning it a bit with some expert advice from Dave.

I know plenty of riders have great things to say about STM but I felt compelled to add my two cents. If anyone out there is looking for suspension work, I can’t recommend Dave and STM enough.

-Matt