Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
If we sell a brand new Toyota Tacoma at sticker price, the dealership makes $260.
This is of course AFTER the owner gets his "pack", the GM gets his cut, the New Car Sales Manager gets his cut, and the salesman gets his "mini".

Couple that with dealers and competitors selling cars below invoice and D&H is the only thing that keeps our lights on.
Is your New Car dealership connected to or working in conjunction with a Used Car lot? If so, THAT is what's keeping your lights on, not some D&H fee that is indeed a crock of shit.

Consider it our markup from the manufacturer because they have shrunk margins exponentially.
Not the consumer's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
Not sure where you are getting your ideas of profit.
I have a very strong sneaking suspicion of where you're getting yours...and it's likely just as off-base (through no fault of your own...unless you actually run the whole place) as the general consumer's.

There's indeed much less markup on Toyota and Honda than domestic cars, but it's also quite true that the higher up the price bracket you go, the more built-in profit there is as well.

And just to clarify, I'm not accusing you vort3xr6 of anything. I reckon you're a salesman trying to be a very GOOD salesman with as much honor and integrity as possible. But those numbers you quoted, even if shown to you by a sales manager on some official "invoice", are simply untrue. There's "invoice", and then there's invoice. And not very many people are privy to the actual truth of which one's which.