Thread: Interesting...random drug tests For UFC Heavyweights

Interesting...random drug tests For UFC Heavyweights

Contimplated posting this since the MMA fans seem to get less and less and this board, but what the hell worse that will happen is people will complain or not care and it will be a dead thread.

Overeem, Silva, Mir, Velasquez, Mir, Dos Santos & Nelson Get Pulled For Random Drug Screening By NSAC.

The heavyweights that make up the UFC 146 main card are big guys, in fact, they are massive, but are they cheats, are they taking performance enhancers?
    We will know soon enough.
    In a rare occurrence the Nevada State Athletic Commission exercised their right to make six UFC 146 participants adhere to their out-of-competition drug testing program.
    Immediately following yesterday “UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Overeem” pre-fight press conference the NSAC required the entire panel of fighters to submit to the random testing.
    Roy Nelson, Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva, Cain Velasquez, Frank Mir, Junior Dos Santos and Alistair Overeem submitted urine specimens for the purposes of screening for banned substances of abuse and performance enhancing drugs.
    Results of the testing will be available in the next 7-14 days.
    Out of the six tested Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva is the only fighter to ever test positive for performance enhancing drugs.

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/?p=17905&fb_xd_fragment

We will know in 7-14 days, but I am happy that gaming commison is trying to catch guys on steriods so we have a even playing field. Although these guys have enough money to stay ahead of the tests and can afford to get the newest roids which are not on the lists. Still should be interesting to see if anyone gets cut, but good for the sport in a whole.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Interesting...random drug tests For UFC Heavyweights

This should be interesting. I think that Roy will pass since cheese burgers are not a performance enhancing drug. The others however? Like I said it should be interesting.

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

^^ I agree i am willing to bet that Mir will test positive if i remember he cut weight from 265 to like 245 when he fought lesnar and he still looked like a beast, what is one way to cut weight and maintain strength to fight someone as big and strong as lesnar?

This is what my buddy is telling me that knows a lot about how it all works, so who knows if they will even get caught.

" if you can get your hands on the drugs that they don't have tests for yet you can stay ahead, thats what alot do, the tests are always a step behind but the new stuff is really expensive"

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    This is what my buddy is telling me that knows a lot about how it all works, so who knows if they will even get caught.

" if you can get your hands on the drugs that they don't have tests for yet you can stay ahead, thats what alot do, the tests are always a step behind but the new stuff is really expensive"
    The expensive part is no joke when tren came out it was $120 a bottle.

If there is one sport where every form of medical enhancement should not only be allowed but encouraged it's the UFC.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    If there is one sport where every form of medical enhancement should not only be allowed but encouraged it's the UFC.
    See the only issue I have with that, is that then pretty much all UFC fighters would have to take the same stuff if they wanted to be competitive. Steriods do make that much of a difference!

Then eventaully some idiot would ruin it and go way overboard on them and die. Then all this would get blamed on MMA even though like many things it was just some idiot abusing it.

I am even against the "weigh in" rules they do now where you weight in the day before the fight, instead of the same day you fight. Now we have guys cutting 30-40 pounds overnight by dehydrating themselves and there are now fights where guys are fighting way out of their weight class because they use these tricks. Same as if roids were legal in MMA many fighters are being forced to do the cutting if they don't want to fight a guy way heavier than them. Almost all UFC fighters do it now; except maybe Frankie Edgar. All in all, it is very bad for you and college wrestlers have already died from this in the past, but everyone ignores it because it is the way it has always been done. F*ck that make them weigh in minutes before the fight!

I agree, cutting allows guys to fight way below their natural weight class.

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes

Well looks like Alistar Overeem got caught for roids by this test. This really messes up the card since he was fighting for the heavyweight belt! Not sure what UFC will scramble to do at the last minute to still do this card. There have been rumors about Overeen on roids and this is why he didn't fight in the UFC. Sucks we got to see him once when he defeated Broc, but who knows now if he will be back...he will get at least a year suspension!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ali...mmission-41607

I think this means the rest are in the clear and passed! Maybe Mir will get the title shot now!

Well looks like Alistar Overeem got caught for roids by this test. This really messes up the card since he was fighting for the heavyweight belt! Not sure what UFC will scramble to do at the last minute to still do this card. There have been rumors about Overeen on roids and this is why he didn't fight in the UFC. Sucks we got to see him once when he defeated Broc, but who knows now if he will be back...he will get at least a year suspension!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ali...mmission-41607

I think this means the rest are in the clear and passed! Maybe Mir will get the title shot now!
    Mir got pretty loud and said he wanted the shot. I bet he gets it
    http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/04...ght-18420.html

Sucks about Overeen, I have followed him for years and was super stoked that he was coming to UFC.... You would have to be a fool to have payed any attention to him over the past 5 years and not known that he was juicing though. Oh well, hopefully its not the end of the line for him but I guess thats kinda what you get for using and getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Mir got pretty loud and said he wanted the shot. I bet he gets it
    http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/04...ght-18420.html

Sucks about Overeen, I have followed him for years and was super stoked that he was coming to UFC.... You would have to be a fool to have payed any attention to him over the past 5 years and not known that he was juicing though. Oh well, hopefully its not the end of the line for him but I guess thats kinda what you get for using and getting caught.
    Dang Dana White is pissed! I bet he cuts Overeem for good for this!

“I am beyond pissed about this. I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin … The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us. How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron. It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever… I don’t have a plan-B. It doesn’t look good, does it? It doesn’t look good.”
    http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/04...est-18412.html

Then

Now
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 5th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Dang Dana White is pissed! I bet he cuts Overeem for good for this!

“I am beyond pissed about this. I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin … The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us. How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron. It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever… I don’t have a plan-B. It doesn’t look good, does it? It doesn’t look good.”
    http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/04...est-18412.html

Then

Now
    What most people don't realize is that majority of big (UFC/strikeforce) MMA fighters are on PED's. The volume and intensity of training almost requires it. Most people don't understand that the rate of recovery while using PED's is unbelievable. Your body can only take so much naturally when your training that hard 2-3x a day. 6-7 days a week.

Dana isn't pissed that he was using, he is pissed that he got caught. He as well as anyone else involved in the sport know what goes on. Im suprised Overeem got caught honestly....
    -K7 GSXR 1000-
    Few goodies here and there
    10.03 @ 147 1.74 60'

Now they will all switch to HGH from Test , still be ripped as Fuck, but with huge bellies, like Chuck The Iceman
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold