Thread: Rossi: "some 'marvellous ideas' that turned out to be sh*t"

Rossi: "some 'marvellous ideas' that turned out to be sh*t"

Rossi is starting to get a little cranky. While I understand he's a competitor, who I'm sure is frustrated with his current situation, using these kinds of comments in reference to his team/engineers don't reflect well on him. And I'm also getting a little tired of him repeatedly mentioning how the bike has only had 4, or 5, or 6, or 7 days on the track. WE GET IT.

Ugh. I hope we're not watching the slow demise of a once great rider. Because, personally, I'd love to see Rossi competitive again before he moves on from MotoGP for good. :/

Here's hoping Ducat has better luck as the season progresses.

At the conclusion of pre-season testing, that has seen the nine-time champion have contrasting feelings towards the Desmosedici GP12, he believed the team took the wrong direction after the second test at Sepang, adding: "This is our real situation at this time: not too excited like at Sepang one, nor so depressed like at Sepang two.

"I've told [Filippo] Preziosi what are the things that don't work. After the first test in Malaysia someone had some 'marvellous ideas' that turned out to be sh*t."

Rossi believed that the decision made by Ducati held him back in the final test at Jerez, but said that he is still hoping for race by race improvements. Despite this the Italian was pleased at the end of the three days, as he ended the test in sixth and within a second of the fastest time set by Casey Stoner.

"We began the Jerez test with the ideas that came up in that Sepang second test, which turned out to be wrong," Rossi conceded.

"The rain on the second day made us lose plenty of time, so on the third day we had to do everything we didn't manage to do before, and when we had reached a decent point there was no more time or tyres.

"At least I've managed to do 15 consecutive laps. This is our position at the moment, and if everything goes well we'll be able to do it again in Qatar.

"Let's keep in mind that this bike has only done eight track days, so I hope we'll be able to improve it during the season."

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz1qRSPncKE

Re: Rossi: "some 'marvellous ideas' that turned out to be sh*t"

Everyone is expecting it to be the Yamaha. It's not

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

He should just get on the Honda and wrap up his career with a few more championships.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    He should just get on the Honda and wrap up his career with a few more championships.

Rather than ride, maybe he just wants to FLYYYYYY!!!

"Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

I'm not real familiar with the latest on Rossi.... but the dude is a world champion. Don't you think he probably knows what works best on the bike, vs some engineer who's just fiddling with shit?

Since english is not his first language, i'll give him a break...unless that quote is a translation from italian. Maybe this may be his last season on the Duc. If i recall correctly he only signed a two year deal !!!

Rizla could use him.... if they plan on returning anytime soon...just saying......

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    I'm not real familiar with the latest on Rossi.... but the dude is a world champion. Don't you think he probably knows what works best on the bike, vs some engineer who's just fiddling with shit?
    I'd argue that yes there are some things that engineers know better. They'd prefer a rider to come in and say "I feel like I have no grip in the front when I'm on the brakes". They don't want the rider to come in and tell them to do this this and that to fix it.

Oh - I totally agree. I've just never really heard him take this tone. Granted, as others pointed out, it is a translation - so I should prolly just take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not real familiar with the latest on Rossi.... but the dude is a world champion. Don't you think he probably knows what works best on the bike, vs some engineer in a wheelchair who can't ride?
    Fixed...

Too soon?

If he wants to win, he should be on a honda...Ducati's are cool but it's a smaller company.

Quote Originally Posted by RCStylin' View Post
    If he wants to win, he should be on a honda...Ducati's are cool but it's a smaller company.
    Does size really matter ? I thought this was settled already ....

I thought he could win on any bike under any circumstance?

Maybe he should get Tampax to make him a seat? That might help.
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II