Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

Question new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

Re: new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

In about a half a month they will start to Pop up the adds for them currently right now there are not really any that are going yet to early in the season but there's a good showing in the summer
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Re: new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

There aren't any...... Ok, ok. Technically there are. But drinking at hooters from 6-9pm isn't really my thing.

But give it a chance. You'll definitely meet some good people. And the shops that host them are pretty involved. So it wont hurt to check them out. I'm just jaded!!!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    There aren't any...... Ok, ok. Technically there are. But drinking at hooters from 6-9pm isn't really my thing.

But give it a chance. You'll definitely meet some good people. And the shops that host them are pretty involved. So it wont hurt to check them out. I'm just jaded!!!
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    I'm just Matty!!!
    Fixed!

Myself and Jim Wilson are usually the ones that get the info out to the board about the bike nights coming up. Start looking for them in the Social Events Forum. I usually sticky them so they will be at the top.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

We use to have CSC bike nights but we tend to get kicked out of the places we had them.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    We use to have CSC bike nights but we tend to get kicked out of the places we had them.
    Because the cheap asses would skip out on their bill.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Hmmm i would be interested in starting another CSC night, but that would mean everyone would have to pay there bill and TIP more then 10 percent

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post

Myself and Jim Wilson are usually the ones that get the info out to the board about the bike nights coming up. Start looking for them in the Social Events Forum. I usually sticky them so they will be at the top.
    John, it's all yours this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Because the cheap asses would skip out on their bill.
    Like Caldonia's, Brecks, and that was even a part of what happened at Boston's. I'll never forget the night at Caldonia's where the CSC tried to stick RSVCowboy Mike with a $200 tab. The manager told him to pay it or the CSC is no longer welcome. He said fuck it and walked out. I don't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    Hmmm i would be interested in starting another CSC night, but that would mean everyone would have to pay there bill and TIP more then 10 percent
    After doing bike nights for 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that will never happen with this crowd.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    After doing bike nights for 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that will never happen with this crowd.
    It may work, just not like it use to. It would work so well before because we were all pretty close and there weren't as many people that could potentially fuck it up for the rest. We ended up knowing who could sit at our table (and trust to pay their tab), and who couldn't. Just my opinion on that.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Like Caldonia's, Brecks, and that was even a part of what happened at Boston's. I'll never forget the night at Caldonia's where the CSC tried to stick RSVCowboy Mike with a $200 tab. The manager told him to pay it or the CSC is no longer welcome. He said fuck it and walked out. I don't blame him.
    I remember the tab issues at Caldonias and it wasn't just once, after that I only ever shared a tab with people that I knew.

i know how that goes ive had to pay for missing people at the end at car events oi

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Definitely always do SEPARATE checks when dealing with "unknowns". I hate people who have somehow grown to adulthood and still don't understand "TAX" and "15%-20% TIP" on top of your damn bill, cheap shady idiots.

If you're bad at math, just add a quarter (25%) of your tab, that'll cover tax & tip decently.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Thu Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I tend to do a saturday morning ride here and there, and some track days

then when i see one or two people that i've met a couple times do a "beer / wings / whatever" night, i try to show up

as far as csc club events, if u can't make it to arvada on a sunday night and u don't want to melt your clutch on st patrick's day, I don't feel there's a whole lot of good meet everyone events

i think this year i'll be doing one or two new csc member rides to bring the club noobs together. who knows who will show up for that

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Caldonia's sign says it's closed for renovation, but I heard they closed for good

I think Grand Prix is going to start up some bike nights soon. I believe they already had one a couple of weeks ago?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

There's always The Piper Inn across the street. They would be very receptive to a group of sportbikers.

Well if he likes that type of crowed there's the shell on Sundays and a few bikes at the Sonics on Sunday , for got the spot on Thursday though was a diamond shamrock last I went

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

There are no CSC bike nights, random people show up for the raffle giveaways, win a t-shirt.. and then leave.

You can always go the the Quaker State & Lube, and hang with the leather train crowd.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    There are no CSC bike nights, Sully shows up for the raffle giveaways, wins a helmet.. and then leaves.
    FIXED

Mandatory $100 in pocket to get in ???
    And no, you can not use Canadian money to pay your tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    Mandatory $100 in pocket to get in ???
    WTF Who spends 100 on a bar tab at a bike night. Best be taking the bus instead of riding.

He's a balla...don't be hating cause he's gots more money than you!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    FIXED
    So disgustingly true...
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

didn't mean you have to spend $100, just so we know you good for the money bro ,,, hahahah
    tell 'em Dub