Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next PlayStation and XBOX to lock out used games - Report

Re: Next PlayStation and XBOX to lock out used games - Report

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Hopefully it never happens, but all I can say is F*ck Gamestopp anways. They rip people off and I am annoyed by it. I took in 6 pretty new games and got less than $40 for all of them. They are giving like $5 for a game I got for bday that was $60. I feel no pain for Gamestopp and I don't see how it would hurt console sales when all the big retailers will still sell it. As it is there have never been enough consoles made for releases as it is, so I find it hard to believe it would hurt Xbox or Playstation.
    They did not make you sell them the games, you could of sold them on ebay or through Amazon. I used to buy the latest, beat it after a month and sell it while it was still hot for a $5 loss. Cheap rental when you look at it that way....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    maybe it's an effort to get people to go outside and play real games?

Shit that is what gyms are for! People act like a sport like golf is getting them exercise because it is a outdoor sport.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    They did not make you sell them the games, you could of sold them on ebay or through Amazon. I used to buy the latest, beat it after a month and sell it while it was still hot for a $5 loss. Cheap rental when you look at it that way....LOL
    True, but I don't feel sorry for Gamestopp at all when they rip people off that are not ebay or amazon savy. They are making tons of money off of people. Back in the day mom and pop game stores at least gave you enough for what it was worth, but places like Gamestopp put them out of business because they buy games and ship them all over the nation since they are a franchise. I wouldn't be sad if they went under is what I am saying...
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Mar 30th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

They are making tons of money off of people. Back in the day mom and pop game stores at least gave you enough for what it was worth, but places like Gamestopp put them out of business because they buy games and ship them all over the nation since they are a franchise. I wouldn't be sad if they went under is what I am saying...

I got to say I only went into one way back, the used games were not a good deal. I'm surprised people shop there!!! Since we have the internet I'm not sure why someone would go there looking for a deal.

My experience the one time, OEM price like $50, Gamestop price $39 so savings of $10 at least that is what people think. Online price $19, I also save tax, I save gas in going to a Gamestop, I save in time, typically I also get FREE shipping and game typically is NEW from Amazon. My point by the time you factor in the gas, time, tax and hassle of going to a store I could of already clicked buy online and get it in a week....plus factoring all that in the game equal the new cost so no money was saved.

I just did not like what I saw in terms of prices. So yeah I could careless if they go under.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I got to say I only went into one way back, the used games were not a good deal. I'm surprised people shop there!!! Since we have the internet I'm not sure why someone would go there looking for a deal.

My experience the one time, OEM price like $50, Gamestop price $39 so savings of $10 at least that is what people think. Online price $19, I also save tax, I save gas in going to a Gamestop, I save in time, typically I also get FREE shipping and game typically is NEW from Amazon. My point by the time you factor in the gas, time, tax and hassle of going to a store I could of already clicked buy online and get it in a week....plus factoring all that in the game equal the new cost so no money was saved.

I just did not like what I saw in terms of prices. So yeah I could careless if they go under.
    I'll switch to selling my games on Ebay now, my only issue is I have thousands of buyer transactions with perfect feedback, but none as a seller, so not sure how well I'll do; never sold on ebay. I tried craigslist, but so many people flaked on me it was annoying.

Really the only time I bought from Gamestopp is because on the UFC game they offered a code for 6 extra characters if you pre-ordered through them and since I am a big Nick Diaz fan I had to do it. Another way franchise is taking over games. Ebay and amazon all the way for me on used games!
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Mar 30th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

But with no gamestop, will there be no gamestop girls?

As for selling on ebay, ive done really well with 3 day auctions, be over descriptive with photos, and make sure the auction ends on Friday or Sunday.

I really miss those mom and pop used game stores. Gamestop will give you less money for games and sell used ones higher, but the also have corporate gamestop to support as well as the local stores. I dont think they will go under anytime soon after the next playstation and xbox arrive anyway, it will be all about the accessories! And older gen used games. Im sure 3d gaming will be in full swing by then as well and we wont be able to live without foam bats and lightsabers for a more immersive gaming experience.

Gamefly might be boned though.

Hopefully it never happens, but all I can say is F*ck Gamestopp anways. They rip people off and I am annoyed by it. I took in 6 pretty new games and got less than $40 for all of them. They are giving like $5 for a game I got for bday that was $60. I feel no pain for Gamestopp and I don't see how it would hurt console sales when all the big retailers will still sell it. As it is there have never been enough consoles made for releases as it is, so I find it hard to believe it would hurt Xbox or Playstation.
    I never used GameStop either, but I do buy used games for cheap on eBay and Amazon.

Plus, as I said, this would also kill borrowing games from your buddy as well as things like GameFly, so no more free loans/swaps between friends, and no more $9/mo for unlimited game rentals--especially useful for those one-shot games that you beat in 8hrs and then will never play again.

I know that if they go this route, I will not be buying either system. There's no reason to do so. If it's not backwards-compatible, then I'd still need my PS3 for my old games, and I may as well get the better resolution and faster FPS from using my laptop instead of the always-limited console.

I switched from PC to console gaming since I enjoyed playing on the TV from my couch, and my old gaming rig didn't support HDMI out. But, now that basically every PC/Laptop sold has an HDMI it's just as easy to hook that up to the TV as it is to hook up a PS4.

I realize Sony/MS are trying to suck the corporate cocks of EA and Activision--and they're the ones who don't want used games in the marketplace, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pay $60-80 every time I want to play a new game.

Console Gaming's just not that important to me--especially when there is a very viable alternative in the PC/Laptop...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I have about 2 dozen games from Gamestop. They have decent sales and all the games I want. I don't trade or sell to them so I'm not affected by their offers; which are not at gunpoint I should add. No ripoff without a gun.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Apple is not backward compatible but people still buy that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!