Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Tyrion is one of my all-time favorite characters in ANY fantasy movie/TV, he made that much of an impression seriously. Amazing actor and great storyline. If this douchebag author kills him off, I'll be pissed. Like I mentioned before, I still haven't forgiven them for killing off Ned in S:1. I also really hope they develop the little girl Stark into a cool character like she is now. I got attached to her in S:1.

Yeah I could do completely without the homo sex scene(s), blech. That's one reason we don't watch Spartacus over here, it's non-stop swinging kack every other scene, no thanks.

I'll probably read the books, AFTER the HBO series is all done with. Or at least start after S:3, if it goes beyond that.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    I also really hope they develop the little girl Stark into a cool character like she is now. I got attached to her in S:1.
    Arya is awesome. I really hope to see her flourish into some great guerilla-like ninja-esque silent killer of Lannisters. I also am holding out hope that she reunites with her wolf....

I'll probably read the books, AFTER the HBO series is all done with. Or at least start after S:3, if it goes beyond that.
    Martin pushed for 3 extra episodes for season 2, and was denied. He also said that he would like to see 2 seasons each for books 3 and 4. But if they won't even approve extra episodes for a single season, it's not likely they'll separate seasons 3 and 4 into 4 seasons total.

But I at least hope they continue the series throughout the conclusion of the story.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Do'Urden View Post
    Personally, I think HBO should skip nearly all of the wholly unnecessary sex scenes and include more of the details from the books--seeing scenes played out on screen nearly verbatim from the book is pretty freakin' cool.
    HBO = tits/secks, take that out and ratings will drop.

Not saying I'm opposed, I'm not, I'd rather see those 3 minutes go to something more plot-related, but I'm sure what pays the bills is more important than plot.

It'll be interesting to see if HBO does keep this going, and IF they do, then it'll be a race to see if slow-ass GRRM can actually get books 6 & 7 out before the HBO series catches up.

Martin pushed for 3 extra episodes for season 2, and was denied. He also said that he would like to see 2 seasons each for books 3 and 4.
    Fuck that. Books 3 & 4 were originally supposed to be just one book, we don't everything stretched out just to fill space.

But I at least hope they continue the series throughout the conclusion of the story.
    We'll see how far the series and GRRM get--he may well die before he ever fucking finishes anything...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Arya is awesome. I really hope to see her flourish into some great guerilla-like ninja-esque silent killer of Lannisters. I also am holding out hope that she reunites with her wolf....
    YES! Cool...
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I must admit, they are doing a great job of converting the books to a tv show.
    -Ryan

can i drag Joffrey behind my bike for a few canyons?
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles

i normally do not buy tv series but i will buy this when it hits Blue ray
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

i was too scared to read anything but is this thread officially spoiler free from those who have read or are reading the books?

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    i normally do not buy tv series but i will buy this when it hits Blue ray
    I got the first season on BD when it first came out...for $35. I think retail it's now around $60 or so, which in my opinion is too much for just 10 episodes. However...it's flippin' GORGEOUS on BD. =)
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    ~Kyle

I downloaded the first season for FREE, now the second for FREE

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    i was too scared to read anything but is this thread officially spoiler free from those who have read or are reading the books?
    I haven't read the books, but am caught up on both seasons. The only spoiler I noticed in this thread was the Renley comment which isn't really a spoiler since it's almost assumed anyway. Plus no one cares if what happens to that fruitcake anyway, lol.

Hopefully it remains spoiler-free for anything beyond the latest HBO episode...

Been following this show religiously since day 1. Only show I have watched recently where I say "shits about to get real" after each episode. There's a great wiki page for the show that describes what's going on in the show without spoiling it for those who haven't read the books. I just started reading the first book in the series as well.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Just switched back to comcast this week and got HBO for 6 months w/ G.o.T. on demand. I watched season one and now need to catch up.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I need to read that. Is it in the regular Wikipedia, or some special one for the show?

I need to read that. Is it in the regular Wikipedia, or some special one for the show?
    http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Thrones_Wiki
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    I have read all the books and I won't spoil it for anyone.
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by drago52 View Post
    I have read all the books and I won't spoil it for anyone.
    I have as well, and I might.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I downloaded the first season for FREE, now the second for FREE
    LOL...same here. But the first season was so amazing that I felt it deserved to be purchased...but only at that $35 price point. $60+ is just stupid. HBO is too proud of their stuff most of the time.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    ~Kyle

I bought the bluray of Season 1 for the same $30 on Amazon, it's too good looking not to get the bluray. But yeah, for $60 HBO can blow me.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

usenet4lyfe
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    usenet4lyfe
    I've yet to see a downloaded copy of ANYTHING (regardless of claims of HD-quality) that match what I saw on my BD copy of Game of Thrones. Stunningly beautiful, with colors and set pieces that I totally didn't even see the first time I watched it (via downloads).

But if you are willing to sacrifice visual quality for the low low price of 'free'...then yeah.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    ~Kyle

I've yet to see a downloaded copy of ANYTHING (regardless of claims of HD-quality) that match what I saw on my BD copy of Game of Thrones. Stunningly beautiful, with colors and set pieces that I totally didn't even see the first time I watched it (via downloads).

But if you are willing to sacrifice visual quality for the low low price of 'free'...then yeah.
    Most .mkv files tend to be exact copies of the bluray. Usually at least a 7gb download though...
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Yup. I grab x264 mkvs in 1080 that are of excellent a/v quality. The downgrade from blu-ray's 25-30 gig files to something more like 7-8 gig has no ill affect on quality. Its mostly because the mkv container is an excellent storage format, although usually rippers will do some tweeking on the compression end that does help shrink file size a bit more. I have my pc transcode on the fly and push content to my xbox with TVersity.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Most .mkv files tend to be exact copies of the bluray. Usually at least a 7gb download though...
    All the .mkv files I find are only about 1.5GB in size, so maybe I'm not looking in the right places. They DO look pretty clear...but at that 1.5GB size they still aren't up to BD quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I have my pc transcode on the fly and push content to my xbox with TVersity.
    I don't know if it's because my PS3 is connected via wireless, but the transcoding is kinda hit-n-miss for me. I know it's not my PC, as she's pretty beast for a job like this. 'Course maybe it's the file itself that isn't very reliable at times...I don't know.

600MB+ size .mp4 files usually look pretty good as well...but again not nearly that of BD.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    ~Kyle