Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 MC deaths this weekend

3 MC deaths this weekend

two north of longmont and one in poudre? be safe out there guys and watch out for idiots. i rode up on this today at masonville and saw a wrecked gixxer sitting on the side of the road by estes with police tape on it.

http://youtu.be/3jr28b-K0JQ

Re: 3 MC deaths this weekend

~2007 R6~

Wow man, what a start to the year... R.I.P riders. I've had some close calls these past few days including this afternoon on I-25 northbound @ Lincoln almost getting side swipped by a red truck, dude didn't even bother to look over before he just pushed me out of the lane... after much deliberation with all the ongoing stuff, the bike is gonna be put away for a couple weeks till more riders get on the road and we are seen so that cagers are somewhat aware (yes, I know long shot but here's to hoping) as obviously they're still in winter mode.

RIP Riders

Saw the initial mention of the Longmont crash, tried to bet my wife it was a Harley heading home from the bar but she wouldn't take me up on it. I feel bad stereotyping, but it just seemed like that kind of crash, partial confirmation here: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_2...ce=most_viewed

Hadn't seen the Poudre fatality http://www.reporterherald.com/news/l...e-canyon-crash
    2015 KTM 1290R (Black)

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Wow man, what a start to the year...
    Riders forget how to ride over winter, they get spring fever, they forget about the sand/gravel/u-turning SUVs, they overcook corners, and adding to that, nearly every cager has completely forgotten that we exist, doesn't expect us to be back on the roads, and completely doesn't give a shit and/or pay attention to anything at the best of times.

Yes, RIP riders, unfortunate, but I can't say this is completely unexpected as it happens every year...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Riders forget how to ride over winter, they get spring fever, they forget about the sand/gravel/u-turning SUVs, they overcook corners, and adding to that, nearly every cager has completely forgotten that we exist, doesn't expect us to be back on the roads, and completely doesn't give a shit and/or pay attention to anything at the best of times.

Yes, RIP riders, unfortunate, but I can't say this is completely unexpected as it happens every year...
    That's the crazy part though, I ride year round and had no issues in the winter but this past week is like a cat and mouse game trying to avoid cagers EVERYWHERE from wiping you straight out.... must be something in the water or something.

Yea I had a rough time this weekend with drivers just not paying attention... thinking of just parking the bike for a week or two and letting people chill and realize that we are out more now with the good weather.
    -Travis-

RIP riders

I wish more people would wear a fucking helmet

RIP

That's the crazy part though, I ride year round and had no issues in the winter but this past week is like a cat and mouse game trying to avoid cagers EVERYWHERE from wiping you straight out.... must be something in the water or something.
    Same here man... This last week has been insane. I ALMOST actively followed a certain car to where ever he was going just to yell at him. I had to be somewhere and I would have run late had I followed the guy, but it was tempting...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Same here man... This last week has been insane. I ALMOST actively followed a certain car to where ever he was going just to yell at him. I had to be somewhere and I would have run late had I followed the guy, but it was tempting...
    I understand cause I was livid when this went down but like said above, it's to be expected and by chasing the cager down may escalate the situation to a brush with death to a catastrophe. Gotta be the better man and walk away sometimes, anger is not your friend. Trust me, it's ruined my life.

Yeah this weekend I saw a lot of no-helmet guys and girls on the back with shorts & a t-shirt, ugh. Would hate to see how accidents like those would turn out.

RIP riders.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Yeah this weekend I saw a lot of no-helmet guys and girls on the back with shorts & a t-shirt, ugh. Would hate to see how accidents like those would turn out.

RIP riders.
    +1, this past weekend, that was about all I saw riding around in the city and highways with a few exceptions.

Had a guy on a Ducati 848 at the local gas/convenience station parked across the line taking up the last two parking spots. Had my two kids in the SUV so had to re-think of my words as I walked past the glamour rider (no helmet but wearing sunglasses and riding jacket). Some how the words (what a f*cking idiot) came out as I walked by.

^It happens, nobody can blame you... oops
    -Travis-

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

So True... We do see this happen every year

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    +1, this past weekend, that was about all I saw riding around in the city and highways with a few exceptions.

Had a guy on a Ducati 848 at the local gas/convenience station parked across the line taking up the last two parking spots. Had my two kids in the SUV so had to re-think of my words as I walked past the glamour rider (no helmet but wearing sunglasses and riding jacket). Some how the words (what a f*cking idiot) came out as I walked by.
    I say it all the time, all in all their choice as I'm not their mom. Even friends that I ride with do squid shit and I tell them they're idiots all the time to their faces. All you can do is make the suggestion of gear and up to them from that point forward.

I say it all the time, all in all their choice as I'm not their mom. Even friends that I ride with do squid shit and I tell them they're idiots all the time to their faces. All you can do is make the suggestion of gear and up to them from that point forward.
    Yeah actually the gear, usually doesn't matter to me, it's their choice. But that coupled with his "im so bad*ss on my 848 that ill park it on the last two spots", that's what got to me.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

RIP riders
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

we saw a few just like that yesterday.

I am sorry to hear this, RIP.

I don't know if this is accurate but a shop told me that something like 80% of all sport bikes sold are wrecked within the first 3 days of ownership by newbie riders in Colorado. If these same bikes survive past the first three days then again about 80% of those get wrecked within the first 3 months.

And something like 80% of these sportbikes that get wrecked...Are in the mountains.

I fall into those statistics. Thats one reason why I roadrace now, when I do ride on the streets (which is rare) I refuse to ride in the mountains, and the last time I rode in the mountains, the guys I was with took off hauling girls in flip-flops, without helmets, hauling ass up the mountain. I turned around and came home.

Stay safe out there and the mountains are not a race course, go to IMI for $35 and have that kind of fun. Jeff

Well said.... I don't entirely stay away from the mountains, I just pick and choose who I go with. Little more of a private ride than an open one....

Quote Originally Posted by MRA 32 View Post
    I am sorry to hear this, RIP.

I don't know if this is accurate but a shop told me that something like 80% of all sport bikes sold are wrecked within the first 3 days of ownership by newbie riders in Colorado. If these same bikes survive past the first three days then again about 80% of those get wrecked within the first 3 months.

And something like 80% of these sportbikes that get wrecked...Are in the mountains.

I fall into those statistics. Thats one reason why I roadrace now, when I do ride on the streets (which is rare) I refuse to ride in the mountains, and the last time I rode in the mountains, the guys I was with took off hauling girls in flip-flops, without helmets, hauling ass up the mountain. I turned around and came home.

Stay safe out there and the mountains are not a race course, go to IMI for $35 and have that kind of fun. Jeff
    I worked at a bike shop for a year and can't begin to count how many bikes totaled in the lot, didn't even make it to the street.

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    two north of longmont and one in poudre? be safe out there guys and watch out for idiots. i rode up on this today at masonville and saw a wrecked gixxer sitting on the side of the road by estes with police tape on it.

http://youtu.be/3jr28b-K0JQ
    saw that gixxer also! Weird, just sitting in that corner all wrecked with police tape wrapped all over it. creepy as fuck actually

News Flash--riding a motorcycle is dangerous!

More at 11.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson