Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is F'd up - Grade school teacher’s aide fired for refusing to hand over FB pwd

Re: This is F'd up

signing that petition , provides personal information and signs u up for news letter crap... just saying ,, get your spam folder ready
    - The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.- Thomas Jefferson -
    -- HONESTY BEFORE SYMPATHY
    -- NEVER LET ANYONE LIVE RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD, RENT WILL ALWAYS COST YOU SOMETHING -W.H.HEITZ
    --THE TRUTH WILL EITHER HURT YOU OR HEAL YOU,BUT REGARDLESS, IT'S THE TRUTH
    -- THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS, IT MAY BE DRAWN THIN, WIDE, LOOSE OR TAUGHT, BUT IT'S WHETHER YOU THINK OF IT AS A TIGHTROPE OR HOW YOU PLAY HOPSCOTCH ON IT
    - J.A. WRIGHT

- The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.- Thomas Jefferson -
    -- NEVER LET ANYONE LIVE RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD, RENT WILL ALWAYS COST YOU SOMETHING -W.H.HEITZ
    -- THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS, IT MAY BE DRAWN THIN, WIDE, LOOSE OR TAUGHT, BUT IT'S WHETHER YOU THINK OF IT AS A TIGHTROPE OR HOW YOU PLAY HOPSCOTCH ON IT
    - J.A. WRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by dhearkt View Post
    signing that petition , provides personal information and signs u up for news letter crap... just saying ,, get your spam folder ready
    Maybe, it did say "Your email and postal address will remain private", but who knows. I just did a 10 seconds search for that, so take it for what it is worth....

Some others though http://act.boldprogressives.org/surv...?source=reddit

Damn this one closed but looks like they got over 101,000 signatures http://www.change.org/petitions/mons...the-unemployed
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 4th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

- J.A. WRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Maybe, it did say "Your email and postal address will remain private", but who knows. I just did a 10 seconds search for that, so take it for what it is worth....

Some others though http://act.boldprogressives.org/surv...?source=reddit

Damn this one closed but looks like they got over 101,000 signatures http://www.change.org/petitions/mons...the-unemployed
    maybe it did,, maybe i missed it .. but with this issue .. for how long??
    - J.A. WRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by dhearkt View Post
    Republicans shoot down Dem proposal to ban FB boss-snoop:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03...rds_amendment/

Thanks so much Republicans, bravo!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post

Hmmm. But, that isn't the whole picture by far. What, exactly, did the bill say? was this just added on to a bill that really sucked? Without that, we don't know if this was a good thing or not.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

I don't put things on there I wouldn't have my mom see so I don't care if an employer looks at it. It is wrong for them to even think they can ask for a password though. And I think it would be a waste of their time to even look at my Facebook. I don't play hookie, I don't fear big brother, but taking my rights via big brother I find very disturbing.

Dont tread on me. How easily with technology we forget.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Re: This is F'd up - Grade school teacher’s aide fired for refusing to hand over FB p

and people wonder why i dont have facespace... i think its quite simple

Re: This is F'd up - Grade school teacher’s aide fired for refusing to hand over FB p

Quote Originally Posted by mastap07 View Post
    and people wonder why i dont have facespace... i think its quite simple
    But, again, that's not addressing the issue--the Right to Privacy is at stake whether you (personally) use FB or not.

FB might be the latest example, but it's not the only target in this growing trend of invasion of privacy.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

The 10th Amendment to the Constitution states:
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

This is not within the powers of the Federal Government to enact this, it is to be left to the states.

I think this is a great idea and colorado and other states should absolutely pass this as a law, but it's the states right, not the fed's.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

Didn't you beat this drum last week?

So the idiots on the rights struck off an amendment on a bill that the idiots on the left (including the one at the top) had already promised to kill... so what?!

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Something to think about: Jobs have been able to drug test for years , so this is one example of them invading our privacy long ago. There are many responsibile people who smoke marijuana in the privacy of their homes (many with legal prescription cards) and would never go to work high, but they get banned from jobs for something that has nothing to do with work perfomance. Yet the alcoholic that comes into work every morning smelling like he partied all night is ok or the guy that snorts coke that gets out of their system in hours is ok too because a drug test won't catch that.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Marijuana is still illegal under federal law, having a facebook isn't. Also, the only reason that most company drug tests don't detect things like coke is because they're too cheap to pay for a hair test.

I agree that as long as it doesn't affect your work performance, they really shouldn't be concerned, but I feel there's a better case here as they are testing for something illegal.

It's not about FB, it be like a potential employer asking for my VISA account information so they can log in and see what I spend my money on. Actually that might mean more to them then FB, I don't post much on Facebook...LOL

Only people on my Facebook are FRIENDS, people I actually KNOW, and relatives. I have a lot of High School classmates but no one post anything stupid. Actually a pretty quit group. I have denied relatives I don't really know (those that are so removed I have never meet them but they feel they need to ADD me as a friend, denied)....LOL

My profile picture is of me, but I am geared up and on the bike...no one would know its me otherwise. If a company asked me, I just say yeah I have a FB page, but its pretty boring and I'm not into the whole thing, occasionally I post a picture like the view from our house or a trip photo to share with relatives...but as an active user no I am not. As for handing you the password, F off. Why not just ask for my VISA password you asshat!!!

I think they are testing the waters, if they can get people to give them that password what stops them from having it so you need to give them access to a whole host of OTHER sites you might be on. Should I hand them a front door key too???

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Something to think about: Jobs have been able to drug test for years , so this is one example of them invading our privacy long ago. There are many responsibile people who smoke marijuana in the privacy of their homes (many with legal prescription cards) and would never go to work high, but they get banned from jobs for something that has nothing to do with work perfomance. Yet the alcoholic that comes into work every morning smelling like he partied all night is ok or the guy that snorts coke that gets out of their system in hours is ok too because a drug test won't catch that.

You are right alcoholics are seen differently where companies will send you to get HELP a lot of the times. But weed or other drugs your seen as some evil guy with no problem or addiction. It is a stupid standard.

Gold Member

Fuck republicans. Fuck democrats. Both have fucked up our country.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    So the idiots on the rights struck off an amendment on a bill that the idiots on the left (including the one at the top) had already promised to kill... so what?!
    No biggie don't get all offended. I posted a link to an article DIRECTLY RELATED to the topic of this thread. In fact, I don't think you can get any more directly related, lol. I would've posted the same exact thing if the parties were reversed, and would've chastised the Dems for striking it down, if that was the case.

Thanks Titus, that's good info for the ongoing debate about Fed vs. States rights. One of the core differences leading up to the Civil War actually.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

No biggie don't get all offended. I posted a link to an article DIRECTLY RELATED to the topic of this thread. In fact, I don't think you can get any more directly related, lol. I would've posted the same exact thing if the parties were reversed, and would've chastised the Dems for striking it down, if that was the case.
    not offended at all... In fact, I started typing my same response but went and looked it up instead. Didn't want to rehash it.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Thanks Titus, that's good info for the ongoing debate about Fed vs. States rights. One of the core differences leading up to the Civil War actually.
    Indeed, that topic could probably take up a whole forum, much less its own thread.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    It's not about FB, it be like a potential employer asking for my VISA account information so they can log in and see what I spend my money on.
    They do this already via checking your credit report.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    Sort of. Credit reports will tell them about big purchases you've financed, or lines of credit you have (like the presence of a Visa card). It won't tell them all the things you spend money on however, and for many people that is something they might not want their employer seeing.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    But that doe snot list all the charges...not the same as asking for your password and logging into your account.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Sort of. Credit reports will tell them about big purchases you've financed, or lines of credit you have (like the presence of a Visa card). It won't tell them all the things you spend money on however, and for many people that is something they might not want their employer seeing.
    Knew I should of read down...right on...thank you for being on the same page as me.

Credit Report shows for an example:
    $20,000 VISA Credit line from such and such bank
    It will tell them if you pay on time, or carry a balance
    Will show minimum payment, and the last payment I made
    *They have no idea I bought 2 girls one cup, or a new TV or that I might blow $5K a year at the casino. Anything run through the card they have NO CLUE.

$15,000 Loan on my Jeep GC for example
    Will show paid on time and outstanding balance
    Will also show minimum payment

Might show a mortgage but that is not in my name so does not apply to me.

Credit report also shows your past history. For example I was with such and such bank, and paid it off and closed it in good standing and moved to such and such.

Shows I been in good credit since 1984 (somewhere somehow they tied me to my parents...LOL Makes for a good laugh. I've tried to get this corrected and its next to impossible.

That is all a credit report shows.