Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This is F'd up - Grade school teacher’s aide fired for refusing to hand over FB pwd

Re: This is F'd up - Grade school teacher’s aide fired for refusing to hand over FB p

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: This is F'd up - Grade school teacher’s aide fired for refusing to hand over FB p

Nothing is private when it might something to do with child molestation.
    2011 KTM 690 Enduro (w/ SuMo Setup)
    2008 Honda CBR600RR Graffiti
    2002 DRZ400E

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    But that doe snot list all the charges...not the same as asking for your password and logging into your account.
    True on that but, to me, none of the potential employers business if I owe 15k$ or 5$ or to whom I would owe this. Truth be know they got enough information to ask the rest of the details if they wanted to call.

Shoot remember when someone asked for your social security number they had to provide a disclosure statement with it to even get it.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathman1000 View Post
    Nothing is private when it might something to do with child molestation.
    I've been giving that response some thought. While I fully agree that any child molesation charges should be taken with the utmost of seriousness, an accused person still has the right to due process and presumption of innocence. If it's just prying into someone's past to see if they might one day molest a kid, that's going too far.

In this case (the point of this thread, if you RTFA) it didn't have anything to do with kids at all, it was about a picture posted on this person's private page of another adult that a parent didn't like. She refused to grant her school district access, and they responded partly with this: "... in the absence of you voluntarily granting Lewis Cass ISD administration access to you[r] Facebook page, we will assume the worst and act accordingly." In other words, the district fired her based on an accusation alone with no proof, because the aide refused to incriminate herself. I'd sue the district if I were her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    True on that but, to me, none of the potential employers business if I owe 15k$ or 5$ or to whom I would owe this. Truth be know they got enough information to ask the rest of the details if they wanted to call.

Shoot remember when someone asked for your social security number they had to provide a disclosure statement with it to even get it.
    Yes and no, it largely depends on what you do. Credit scores are actually a predictor of ethical behavior to some managers, i.e. if you have a ton of debt and never pay it back you might be more predisposed to stealing from the company to cover your obligations. Also if you in any way deal with financial data, money, or (in my case) systems that move said data even if you don't have access to the data itself, you will be subject to a credit check to make sure you're not about to do something dumb. What your credit obligations are isn't nearly as relevant as whether you are paying back the ones you have.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

The next thing you know, they will be knocking on your door and taking you away at night, for pre-crimes.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Yes and no, it largely depends on what you do. Credit scores are actually a predictor of ethical behavior to some managers, i.e. if you have a ton of debt and never pay it back you might be more predisposed to stealing from the company to cover your obligations. Also if you in any way deal with financial data, money, or (in my case) systems that move said data even if you don't have access to the data itself, you will be subject to a credit check to make sure you're not about to do something dumb. What your credit obligations are isn't nearly as relevant as whether you are paying back the ones you have.
    yeah what the intention are/were, but like everyone has access to it now to run a credit check used to be legit creditors, I personally think it is abused now days. Money or not I been asked for my credit report for jobs completely unrelated. As far as theft it is well know that these days alot of good people have bad credit especially looking for a job were as if I had a job I wouldn't have bad credit.

As far as teachers and dealings with kids that is were the criminal background checks come into play for anyone. I sorry but my credit and whom I owe I dont agree that it is open book to employers to check. The statistic I saw 10 years ago dealing with credit v/s employment v/s insurances all looks blown out of proportion to me. If you got a criminal background in rape it is established you might hurt someone in that manner thus I think is bad thing to be with my kids as a teacher.

And yes, I think the day is coming might be 100 years, but I see it coming, people jailed over pre-crime. Assumptions of whom you are are already in play.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    The next thing you know, they will be knocking on your door and taking you away at night, for pre-crimes.
    Or at least Thought-crimes.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Virginia deputy fired for <Like>'ing the sheriff's opponent's FB page, wow...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/10/tech/s...html?hpt=hp_t3

The laws of this land haven't caught up to the technology yet. More reason to keep your personal and work "online life" SEPARATE.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.