Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend Race/Track Day Coaches/Schools

Re: Recommend Race/Track Day Coaches/Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Grant_Me_Revenge View Post
    When it comes to personal experience (from this list) Jim Wilson was my coach and he was amazing – I was able to gain so much feedback and just had such a huge smile the whole way through…it was great times.

Good luck / have fun.
    Thanks for the kind words, Sasha. It was a pleasure working with you during that season and watching you progress the way that you did.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

Sunday is rain and snow. lets put on the rain tires and go for it

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I had very positive sessions with Mark Schellinger (one-on-one), Mike Applehans (MRA race school) and the Jason Pridmore STAR school.

The best approach to getting faster at the track for me was to get the suspension of the bike sorted out (Dave Rose), learn from the guys listed above, and go out and practice/race. I saw significant decreases in lap times after working with all of those guys.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I had very positive sessions with Mark Schellinger (one-on-one), Mike Applehans (MRA race school) and the Jason Pridmore STAR school.

The best approach to getting faster at the track for me was to get the suspension of the bike sorted out (Dave Rose), learn from the guys listed above, and go out and practice/race. I saw significant decreases in lap times after working with all of those guys.
    + shellinger is a good guy

All the names listed are very "established" riders.... Good thing about it is they also definitely know how to coach/instruct.

There are other great riders out there, but not all have the skill of relaying that info to different personalities.

On another note, good to see you guys taking that next step!!!

You can't go wrong with any of them. I've had one-on-one instruction with Mark, and worked quite a bit with Rybo. Rybo had me out in the rain for my very first session on the track in Utah! One of the first things any of them will probably have you do is learn the lines of the track at a slow pace. They're all amazingly fast riders, and they're very good at instructing! Not all the fast guys can teach. Good luck!

I will say at IMI, if you can get Dirk or Bueller out there, they can be great help as well.

Board Newbie

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have some friends that are going to Jason Pridmore's motorcycle school on May 14 & 15. They've been before and said he runs a great school to learn from. I'm thinking about going myself and check it out.