Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoGP 2012 (spoiler)

Re: MotoGP 2012 (spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    So... when you look at the coverage they are braking so hard that their rotors are glowing. Maybe it is just visible at night or .... ummmm ceramic rotors?
    That was some cool stuff. I was trying to figure out why Crutchlow was often "glowing" more than fellow Tech 3 teammate Dovi even as they were running nearly identical laps. At least that is what it appeared like. Different compounds or different braking style? Crutchlow appears to have some talent, but was he maybe harder on the brakes than Dovi?

Overall I thought it was a good race. Stoner had a big lead, eventually Lorenzo caught him and ended up winning by a reasonable margin, but any time you have a lead change later in the race, it's "technically" interesting. Did Stoner cook his tires? Did Lorenzo just have the stamina? Meanwhile, the battle for 6th was sweet, loved seeing Nicky fighting for a decent finish on the Duc. WTF happened to Spies though? I think MotoGP 2012 will be much more exciting than last year.

Looking forward to watching Moto2 here shortly. I have enjoyed watching that class. There is so much straight-up, balls out competition between those guys. It seems like any week, a different rider can win it all.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

The moto2 race was great... Much more exciting than the GP.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Unfortunately I screwed up my recording and didn't get the first (Moto2) race. I'll try to grab a replay.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    The moto2 race was great... Much more exciting than the GP.
    Yea, those last few laps were awesome. The finish was even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Unfortunately I screwed up my recording and didn't get the first (Moto2) race. I'll try to grab a replay.
    Im sure theyll replay it through the week

The last five laps were solid. Good battle for 1/2/3. Jorge rode his ass off, you could tell he really wanted it. Dani was giving it everything he had, too.

Cal is riding really good too. He and Dovi were keeping a pace like no ones business

Bradl? First GP race...

I was hoping the Doc was closer to the front.

Colin didn't win this one, but it's all part of the master plan! Less than 2 sec behind a factory bike! COLINEDWARDSMOTOGPCHAMPION2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea the doc and the duc are not getting along well... Never seen rossi that far back

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    So... when you look at the coverage they are braking so hard that their rotors are glowing. Maybe it is just visible at night or .... ummmm ceramic rotors?
    The guys the BBC feed kept saying they were carbon discs.

That was a great fight for 123 but I kinda wanted to see more of the battle for 4th :P
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I didn'r have time (went riding!) to watch the Moto2 race I recorded, only MotoGP. I thought it was a great race! I also noticed Cal's brakes glowing. And, if I remember, they're carbon-carbon (not carbon-fiber) like the F1 disks.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)