Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheelie

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Wheelie

Was goofing off last weekend and did a tiny one for the first time ever. went to an open parking lot today was able to consecutively do 2-3 foot wheelies and hold em. Pretty fun to do as long as they are in a safe area!

Re: Wheelie

how long have you been riding ?
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    how long have you been riding ?
    Been riding for 4 years or so but this is my second sport bike and my first was a 02 Suzuki katana which only lasted about 6 months

Mods please move this thread I don't know how the hell it ended up here.

Pics or it didnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    Pics or it didnt happen.

True dat

I'll have my go pro tomorrow and record me busting out a few.

Don't be scared either, I want to see some good ones, real high up.

As a guy who didn't start off on small dirt bikes I never experienced that thrill of wheelies. However occasionally when I try it and get anything I immediately revert back to that 10 year old boy having a blast. Good stuff grim, keep it up.
    1996 BMW R1100GS
    2002 Ducati Monster 750i.e.

All i know is keep that foot by the rear brake just in case...

so last year was standing, up while ridding and this year is the year of grim doing wheelies
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Been riding for 4 years or so but this is my second sport bike and my first was a 02 Suzuki katana which only lasted about 6 months
    I tried to wheelie my FZ6 (first bike) 3 months after I bought it. I was ok at it on FZ. Comes up in 1st @ 5000rpm-25mph
    2nd @ 8-9000rpm-35/40 mph
    you have to scoot way back tho'.

On my ZX, shit involuntary wheelie (power wheelie) thru intersection, after light turned orange, on the first day.
    I was like ZX10R

Them 1k's will get you lol

ive never really purposely tried to do a wheelie in my ten yrs of riding, but with the 226hp at the wheel on my busa it picks up the front a little when i get on it.
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

I did the whole parking lot stunting thing. All I wanted was to be able to wheelie on the freeway for however long I wanted. Once I got it down it was awesome.

The cool thing about wheelies is that once you figure it out, you never forget it.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...ongfreeway.mp4

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post

SQUID!!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Nice dude, I'm too scared to wreck my R1 so no wheelies for me on that lol... want to spend on a stunter soon to be able to go nuts lol

Freeway wheelies hmmm ...

Popped a few more on the way to work this morning, Def dont forget how to to em once you get past that fear factor.

Not that i have a huge interest to do them on the Interstate but what gear and what rpm do you pop them at?

I remember my first wheeile. I was so excited until my mom called out that it was time for dinner and I had to go to elementary school the next day To be fair it was a dirtbike

Actually haven't done a wheelie in a long time because never really got into them much and don't like beating up my bike!

Now who does wheelies on a 600cc without a giant pizza sized sprocket in the rear? I am talking about dropping the clutch and no power wheelies (power wheelies are way easier since you just twist the throttle), can also be done compressing front shocks and good throttle control (never could do those well, but my buddy Hoopty was a pro at them). I use to do them on a 1999 Katana that weighed more than a tank. I'm always more impressed than done on a 1000cc
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I remember my first wheeile. I was so excited until my mom called out that it was time for dinner and I had to go to elementary school the next day To be fair it was a dirtbike

Actually haven't done a wheelie in a long time because never really got into them much and don't like beating up my bike!

Now who does wheelies on a 600cc without a giant pizza sized sprocket in the rear? I am talking about dropping the clutch and no power wheelies (power wheelies are way easier since you just twist the throttle), can also be done compressing front shocks and good throttle control (never could do those well, but my buddy Hoopty was a pro at them). I use to do them on a 1999 Katana that weighed more than a tank. I'm always more impressed than done on a 1000cc

My first one last weekend was a power wheelie but i actually found it to be easier to do a clutch wheelie.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    My first one last weekend was a power wheelie but i actually found it to be easier to do a clutch wheelie.
    You hit the balance point yet though? Now that is when they get scary! Clutch wheelies you seem to get to that point faster since it pops up quick. I am no pro at them though and never even got to switching gears while doing one; best I did was second gear wheelies and rode them out.

Then one of my best friends wrecked while doing one and he got really hurt, friend got 12 point ticket and had to go to court, then saw Chadwick and his skin grafts and got more scared, then co-workers brother crashed while doing a wheelie and died. After that I figured sportbike riding was dangerous enough. I'd love to have a dedicated stunt bike just for doing them in closed off areas. Dedicated track bike would probably come first though.

I am sure you know this, but don't let a cop see you do one even two inches off the ground. Most consider it reckless driving and will get you good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    SQUID!!
    I had GLOVES on!!!

Just remember to get extremely intimate with the rear brake if you are trying wheelies. Once you learn that rear brake, it is nearly impossible to loop out.

As far as power vs clutch. I always found that stand up power wheelies were super easy and controllable. I can power wheelie a bone stock CBR F4i in 4th gear on the freeway. It's all about the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Just remember to get extremely intimate with the rear brake if you are trying wheelies. Once you learn that rear brake, it is nearly impossible to loop out.

As far as power vs clutch. I always found that stand up power wheelies were super easy and controllable. I can power wheelie a bone stock CBR F4i in 4th gear on the freeway. It's all about the technique.
    Funny, first day I got my F4I I popped the clutch like I use to on the Katana and found out the difference in power of the two bikes. Came up so fast and was about to loop it and slammed on my back break really hard (in panic). Bike came down so hard that I hit my nose on my windshield and blood went everywhere (was wearing a helmet, but visor was open). All I cared about is I didn't loop my new bike...my nose has been broken numerous times

Dang good job on power wheelies on F4I in fourth gear I guess I just suck at power wheelies and always did the clutch because didn't think a F4I had enough power.