Thread: Dammit.... T-Mobile roped me for 24 months

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Dammit.... T-Mobile roped me for 24 months

So first I have to say that I'm a T-Mo customer since the Voicesteam days, so this news isn't entirely heartbreaking, but I did (sadly) just get bullied into renewing a 24 month contract with these clowns. Worseoff, I have to deal with a data-plan removal at some point, but on the upside, I have a new phone coming!

Mine fell out of my jacket pocket today, and is surely in hundreds of small pieces right now on some unknown roadway. In transit to me however is an HTC Amaze, which from what I can tell, is a pretty good replacment for the now particulate Nokia 1661.

Thankfullly I got the phone at full discount, but they wouldn't sell it to me without a data plan... One of their expensive data plans, too! $20/month on top of my already $39.99 plan! I could have opted for the $10/month data bundle, but then it's an auto forfeit of the rebate on this bad-body, so they had me snookered there. The nice T-Mo lady gave me the inside track though, and said to just redeem the rebate and then call in and request the "demotion" in the data plan down to the one I want (which I'll likely end up removing entirely, to get back down to the sub-$40 mark). Oh yeah... I asked for and received a waiver on both the upgrade fee and the shipping charge. Problem solved I suppose, but I still have this unpleasant feeling that they've gotten over on me somehow.

Service Contracts
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: Dammit.... T-Mobile roped me for 24 months

Oh yeah, almost forgot my question! Anybody here have an Amaze? What's the inside scoop on hacking these phones? It'll be my first Android, so all I'm really praying for here, is that it has a reliable MP3 app, an FM radio tuner (like my HTC HD2 had), and that I can sync my Hotmail (aka Windows Live email) with it!
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Apr 6th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

CSC co-founder

T-Mo.... What Verizon used to be 10 years ago.. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
    PHX, AZ

'05 DRZ400SM
    '05 CRF450R (SUMO)
    '04 Ninja 250
    '03 FLSTCI
    '02 DRZ400S
    '02 XR100
    '02 XR50

I'm glad I got to see your Nokia before it expired. That phone was great!
    Congrats on the upgrade
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich_R1 View Post
    T-Mo.... What Verizon used to be 10 years ago.. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

No doubt. The lady on the phone was all kinds of "Yeah... I can do that for you." and "Sure... you've been a customer for a long time, my pleasure."

The guys and gals at the (2) T-Mo stores that I went to today, interacted with me with all the creativity and softskills of a fire hydrant. It's like at what point can we get past you trying convince me of things and selling me the phone and onto where you actually help me buy it?! Good god, interpersonal salesmanship must be a near-death art in the cellphone retail space.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    I'm glad I got to see your Nokia before it expired. That phone was great!
    Congrats on the upgrade
    That phone was great. What a drag.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

You don't really need to "hack" the Android phones. You can change almost anything about them without it. You can root the phone to flash some different ROMs. But if you want to change the look of the phone, or add some 3rd party apps, those are usually in the Google Market and unlike the iPhone, you don't have to jailbreak it to make it your own.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Not sure what all this Verizon bashing is up in here. They just credited our company nearly $800 on a billing issue without us even having a chance to notice it in the first place.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I have the Amaze and it is awesome. No complaints about the phone at all. I'm glad I got it. My wife has the galaxy s2 and it's basically the same phone, just looks a little different. I have a family plan with Tmobile and only pay 140 a month with unlimited everything, including data.

I actually called them last month to find out how much time I had left on my contract. They said I had till September, then they asked why I wanted to know. I told them I was thinking of changing to veriozon because it's cheaper and they began hitting me with all kinds of incentives to stay with them. Long story short, they upgraded both my phones for a 65% discount on both phones (Amaze and Galaxy S2), gave me $40 off of my bill for the next 24 months (from $210 to $150), and also gave me another $10 off per month for the next 24 months for being a "loyal customer". I love Tmobile....

you pay to much i have unlimited data and minutes for 40 bucks
    through sprint
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    you pay to much i have unlimited data and minutes for 40 bucks
    through sprint
    The jitterbug phones don't count....