Thread: 2006 Buell XB12r Misfire

2006 Buell XB12r Misfire

Ok So just want to see if anyone out here can help I have 06 Buell XB12R in my garage its been laid down but nothing serious, Its my Brothers Bike who is currently in Afghanistan He has had a rough time and Im trying to make sure this bike runs when he gets back.

1st problem was the Voltage Regulator so I replaced.

2nd Problem the front cyclinder wasnt firing, so I took the plug out and it was firing, then replaced it now the cylinder is firing as the pipes are hot.

I thought it might be a injector issue so I put a little injector cleaner in and nadda it has clean fuel so thats not a issue

3rd Problem now the bike is back firing and throwing flames through the velosity stacks.

So anyone have any ideas (besides it being a Buell and having a harley engin) Im desperate.
    Last edited by crypto0793; Wed Apr 11th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Re: 2006 Buell XB12r Misfire

Sounds like timing is way off
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I thought that may be the issue but it was running properly before the voltage regulator went out

When I had my xb12r if I let it sit too long the adaptions in my computer would reset and then the front cyl. wouldnt fire I would have to just go ride it around for a while until everything relearned

It doesnt stay running for very long so I could try that but i would have to push it back it may come to that

Is the battery going dead or not charging? I also had a charging issue with it and I thought it was the voltage regulator but it turned out to be the stator

it was going dead but I replaced the Regulator and it doesnt run long enough to see if the battery is charging, Where is the Stator?

The stator is behind the primary cover its definatley a lot more involved getting to it than the regulator.If the engine is dying because it runs out of battery power then id say your stator is dead. When the engine dies do you need to charge the battery to get it to start again or can you crank the engine over without charging?

The battery does die a little but sometime i am able to crank it but now the bike doesnt even fire. AHHHH

These bikes flood out really easy because everytime you key it on to start it the injectors prime the cylinders. You may need to pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine over to clear out the fuel but you really need to figure a few things out first or else you will just be chasing your tail like I suspect you have been. First thing is to make sure your charging system is working properly so you know if the engine is dying because of some other reason other than not enough B+

Do you have an ECMspy cable and associated software? I have used that on my Uly to tune the engine mapping for air filter and exhaust changes, but it's got pretty much full diagnostics.

go here: http://www.badweatherbikers.com and search for "ecmspy"
    -Ryan

Nope I think I might have to invest in one

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    These bikes flood out really easy because everytime you key it on to start it the injectors prime the cylinders. You may need to pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine over to clear out the fuel but you really need to figure a few things out first or else you will just be chasing your tail like I suspect you have been. First thing is to make sure your charging system is working properly so you know if the engine is dying because of some other reason other than not enough B+
    That does make sense. Im done today Ill pick it up tomorrow, thanks