Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 19th or 20th of May 2012

Re: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 19th or 20th of May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    I don't want to have to turn a anyone in for being a jackass. Don't be a jackass.

too late
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm in.
    I may not go down in history, but I might go down on your sister!

Re: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 20 May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by My back hurts View Post
    I guess im up for the ride since i think i fall into the "newb" category although I would like to ride in the aggressive group.
    Classic.

Vellos Newb Wipe ver.2012
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm in. I can lead or sweep a medium pace group.
    Contact me for all yourAmsoil needs. 720-515-0963
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/007/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    2011 Suzuki Hayabusa Present
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa Present
    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa Sold
    2004 Suzuki SV650 Sold

Re: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 20 May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Classic.

Vellos Newb Wipe ver.2012
    Newb as in new to the site, not to riding
    05' SV1000S-CF

Im too tall for this shit...

hit me up Mr. ON
    I shall be there to help you, broseph

Im in! I can lead or sweep the newbs or will join the moderate group.
    303-641-9004 Justin

Looking for a new home or selling a home?
    My wife can help!!
    Lindsey Juarez
    Keller Williams Preferred Realty
    (cell) 720-299-8040
    Find your new home today!
    http://lindseyjuarez.yourkwagent.com
    Follow me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Linds...14046215460494

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Still in to lead the fast group. Up for swapping around with anyone who is ridding w that group.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

I have the 9 days before this off they will not extend it, damn it i don't get to go on the annual run again
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

I was supposed to be in the field this weekend but the dates changed, so I should be able to make it. I can lead a moderate or newb group, but I'd prefer to sweep, since I'm not familiar with the area. Also, I have extensive first aid type training, mechanical skills and high-stress (crisis) situation experience and training, and could do a lot to help should someone go down. That, and I like to ride really fast if I'm out front.

So, if you need leaders, I'll do moderate or newb, but I'd prefer to sweep any group for the above mentioned reasons.

I also wouldn't mind organizing a southie link-up like I did last year, and as the route isn't yet determined, I would like to suggest that that at least the first half of the day head in a more southerly direction before lunch, as it's almost exactly 100 miles from my house in Pueblo to MOCO, and I'm sure there are plenty of southies who would appreciate this as well. I figure we can head south, do lunch, northies that want to keep riding go north, and southies head south. Maybe even a meetup further south, with a route through 24 and Cripple Creek, and heading west down 50 and back north again, or through Canyon City and north on 115, back to 24 and up to Denver. (Afternoon and experienced riders could do Deckers while others can take less technical routes) Or we could push for a Bishop's Castle run or something to round it out.
    Last edited by Sarge; Wed Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by HOTCARCASS View Post
    I would like to show face at one of these rides. I'd be up to lead an aggressive group. I'm a little confused about the point Jason ON makes about adherence to the rules of the road yet is inviting an aggressive group of riders to the function. In terms of getting pulled over the worst reaction to passing a cop speeding is to pull over and await there arrival. This is an admission of guilt. You do not have to incriminate yourself or any other person on the side of the road to a cop. You should continue on and insist that they pull you over and site the reason for doing so. The problem often occurs when - by the time a cop gets turned around the slower group is coming up on the situation and will be pulled over and baited into giving information about other peoples identity. You don't have to! So why would you? It's not running if you never see the flashers. I’m not suggesting that anybody should run but I don't think pulling over out of fear is the answer either. 9 times out of 10 if you don't jam your brakes and or pull over they just keep going. Who loses in that case, nobody? 10 times out of 10 if you pass a cop and immediately pull over you will be talking to a cop in short order. Registration is a dumb reason to get an entire group pulled over as is not displaying registration. I get that clearly. As a potential leader of an aggressive group of riders I want to be really clear on the expectation I should have of that groups strict adherence to traffic laws. Since it's Jason ONs ride I’m asking him.
    He was referring to a specific incident that occurred at last years ride. Basically, a rider in the second to last group (I was in the last) didn't have plates, and not even a mile away from the linkup, a cop noticed, attempted to pull him over, but he took off, and the officer(s) (there were at least two cruisers by the time we passed) pulled over the rest of the group and hassled them, checking license, registration, ins, etc, while the guy without plates just split, making us all look bad. Afterward, this being the CSC and all, much drama ensued. Jason and the rest of us would prefer that this years ride wasn't a repeat of the first, for obvious reasons, and I'm sure everyone else here supports him in that. So, by traffic laws he was more specifically referring to actually being legal to ride, more so than riding legally (speed limits), which are obviously also important, but somewhat less likely to attract unwanted attention than riding without plates tends to do. That, and running like a douche, leaving more legitimate and legal riders to take your heat, as opposed to owning up to and accepting responsibility for your own (in)action.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

out on the 19th possible on the 20th...

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    He was referring to a specific incident that occurred at last years ride. Basically, a rider in the second to last group (I was in the last) didn't have plates, and not even a mile away from the linkup, a cop noticed, attempted to pull him over, but he took off, and the officer(s) (there were at least two cruisers by the time we passed) pulled over the rest of the group and hassled them, checking license, registration, ins, etc, while the guy without plates just split, making us all look bad. Afterward, this being the CSC and all, much drama ensued. Jason and the rest of us would prefer that this years ride wasn't a repeat of the first, for obvious reasons, and I'm sure everyone else here supports him in that. So, by traffic laws he was more specifically referring to actually being legal to ride, more so than riding legally (speed limits), which are obviously also important, but somewhat less likely to attract unwanted attention than riding without plates tends to do. That, and running like a douche, leaving more legitimate and legal riders to take your heat, as opposed to owning up to and accepting responsibility for your own (in)action.
    I support that as well. All Im sayin is its the cops responsibility to pull you over. And incriminating ones self for any reason is unnecessary. That is an important thing to know as a person who rides with goups of people that you don't really know! How much heat can you get if you didn't know the runner and you all had your endorsements? I have been through it all before. CSC ride a couple years ago same exact thing. I was pulled off the road just hanging around and a pissed cop rolled up and started harassing us. Oh well I knew the guy that ran and it was not my place to turn him in. Law braking 101 - Don't get caught and if you do... you don't know anybody and your on your way home. Regardless of how it may seem. Say jack shit, be polite have your ins, reg etc. The burdon of proof that you know anybody is on the Law. Been there done that.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

I've conferred with Drunktank.... he's in. When I asked what day works for him, he just said, "Triple dont give a shit" and went back to drinking mint tea and smoking hookah like the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. Put em down for lead where appropriate.
    Ryan ~ 2007 Speed Triple.
    If danger came from the tap, I'd shower in that shit!

This sucks. Would love to go, but I'll probly be at the track

I'm in for meeting up with you down here Sarge. Won't be volunteering for leading because I tend to ride quickly if I'm out front, but I'm a decent sweeper, plus I can help with mechanical issues and, like Sarge, am good with high stress situations.
    Based off of my friends/riding buddies I'm probably in the Intermediate group somewhere.
    I can sweep for Noobs or Intermediate, but seeing as I haven't ridden with most of you before, I'm up for wherever you want to put me.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Ryan ~ 2007 Speed Triple.
    If danger came from the tap, I'd shower in that shit!

Board Newbie Yearly Supporter TheWay's Avatar

Im prolly in depending on the route im up north, been on a few rides with some of you but still consider myself a newb.
    Giggity giggity goo

5 Years on CSC and I've never gone on the newb ride.

It's a lot of fun from what I hear but I probably won't make it.

If the route is TBD, Horse Power Hill/Deckers is always a good choice. It's easy enough for the newer riders and technical enough to be a lot of fun for the veterans.

Other possible routes in that area are:

*Squaw pass
    Peak 2 Peak (aka Highway 119)
    Highway 7

I would not recommend Squaw pass - while it is a very fun ride and in pretty good shape this year (once you cross into the county that actually maintains their side of the pass) it has some very technical hair pins with sand in the corners.

Peak 2 Peak Central City to Highway 7 is in decent shape all though some parts are a little rough. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Plus there's a few good places to eat in Nederland that are bike friendly. The rough patches are between Nederland and Highway 7. Prior to Nederland the road is in great shape.

It's just a shame to ride all the way to Nederland and not push on another 7 miles to do 7 IMO.

Get Oscars for lunch in Lyons if you go that far, they have a badass chicken Po'Boy sandwich, yumm!
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

I'm in most likely, don't foresee any issues making it. I'll do intermediate or hang out in the newb group
    '07 Monster 695

Since this ride is 2 weeks away...can we have some clarifacation on When/Dates Where/Route ??

Quote Originally Posted by illadelphia View Post
    Since this ride is 2 weeks away...can we have some clarifacation on When/Dates Where/Route ??
    Amen to that!

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping