Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 19th or 20th of May 2012

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Re: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 19th or 20th of May 2012

Hello Mr. On. Which way do u want to go from moco N or S.?
    I can sweep the fast group if we go south or happy to lead the fast group if we go North. I hope we go North mainly for wider more open roads. This gives groups more passing and stick togetherness. What ever u decide is good w me.
    Last edited by HOTCARCASS; Wed May 16th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

Well, turns out I wont be going. Sucks...
    303-641-9004 Justin

Looking for a new home or selling a home?
    My wife can help!!
    Lindsey Juarez
    Keller Williams Preferred Realty
    (cell) 720-299-8040
    Find your new home today!
    http://lindseyjuarez.yourkwagent.com
    Follow me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Linds...14046215460494

forecast so far looks dismal anyhoos

I'd like to place my vote for Trailridge. I hear it's incridible just after they open.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

That is a fun road. Are you kidding about it being nice? Seems like it may have potholes galore. If it's good head towards 7 on P2P. I'm game Corndawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I'd like to place my vote for Trailridge. I hear it's incridible just after they open.
    If you like steaming roads with 6' snow banks on either side, yet somehow dry. And don't forget HAIL!

Wish I could make this, might drop by just to say hi and meet some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
    If you like steaming roads with 6' snow banks on either side, yet somehow dry. And don't forget HAIL!

Wish I could make this, might drop by just to say hi and meet some folks.
    6ft tall snow banks and steaming roads sounds awesome. Hail, not so awesome

Just got permission from the boss (aka my wife) that I can join y'all Sunday has the route been finallized yet Jason ON? Looking forward to meeting y'all !

Quote Originally Posted by Dasaxman6 View Post
    Just got permission from the boss (aka my wife) that I can join y'all Sunday has the route been finallized yet Jason ON? Looking forward to meeting y'all !
    Welcome Noob.

Fyi there is a group of us pre meeting at Faye Myers at 8 am. Ksu 8:20ish n headed to moco. Everyone is welcome

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Junior Member Yearly Supporter 0N1X's Avatar

I'd like to go...been a while...

If I can I'll meet the Fay Myers group at 8am on Sun.
    2012 Monster 1100EVO
    "I ride a naked Italian..."

I might be interested in meeting y'all for lunch if you know where you guys are headed. I just don't have any interest in being on a group ride this big.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I might be interested in meeting y'all for lunch if you know where you guys are headed. I just don't have any interest in being on a group ride this big.
    Cmon jmetz. Its once a year. Ride with us till lunch. If u wana split after grubin, split.

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Josh - I'm sure it will be broken into groups of 5-7
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Board Newbie

Are we still on for the ride tomorrow? And this is my first ride with you guys ans I heard that the aggressive group wears full leathers and drag knees. If so that's awesome. Im just asking cuz I wanted to rife that group but don't have my leathers anymore. Let me know please

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    ON;660180
    I apparently cannot change the title of the post so I'll just add the date here:

May 20, 2012 @ 9am, KSU 9:30

I thought about doing another Newb Ride like we have always done in the past, but it seems newbs are in short supply during those rides and everyone else complains of the slower pace, so this year I thought I'd throw out a revamped version of the classic Newb Ride.

What I'm thinking is this:

Same Bat-time, same Bat-location (http://g.co/maps/ywwqn at 9am) with groups of riders according to their various skill levels riding together. We meet somewhere for lunch and people can either choose to go home at that point or go for an additional ride with a group or on their own.

Yes, this is more of a social function than a riding function, but let's face it, the CSC is more of a social group than a riding group.

Why the 20th of May? Yes, yes, I know it's an MRA weekend, but let's face it, most MRA racers don't ride on the street in groups anyway. Also, the weekend after is Memorial Day making the roads too busy and the weekend before is my birthday making me too hungover. Anytime before that is less than a month out and I wanted to give people a chance to plan ahead.

Not to mention I also want to make sure it warms the "F" up.

That being said, this is an official CSC ride so gear will be mandated as well as adherence to ALL rules of the road. Show up for this in shorts, sandals a t-shirt or a combination thereof and I will tell you to go home. Show up with a bad attitude and you'll just make an ass out of yourself.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html

Proper gear includes:

a helmet
    a jacket, preferably a riding jacket
    full length pants, again, preferably riding pants but I won't knock jeans
    gloves and boots/shoes that cover your ankles.

I am not a fan of people dying or being scarred for life if it can be avoided.

I am thinking three types of groups: aggressive, moderate and newb. If the ladies want to get together and ride their own group that's fine, too.

Since we had a problem with Lunatard, or whatever his name was last year, I have to announce: I did check and it turns out I am not a registered babysitter for any of you. Please have your license and registration up to date. If you aren't and you run from the police I will turn you in to the state patrol, myself.

You only make the entire sportbike community and CSC, in particular, look bad when you run.

I don't want to have to turn a anyone in for being a jackass. Don't be a jackass.

Route to be determined based on response to this posting. I am thinking Central City Race-, er, Parkway since it's nice and wide open for the newer riders and aggressive enough for the more experienced riders, but getting to and from is up for grabs. If anyone has a suggestion post or PM me a map link.

I'm also thinking of finishing my ride with a stop off at Baker's Street Tavern in the Tech Center. Sunday they have an all day happy hour and a fantastic outdoor patio. You are all welcome to join me there.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html

If you want to be a leader or sweep let me know. I have a feeling there will only be one or two groups of faster riders, most will be moderate and one or two of the slower/newb riders. Again it depends on response to this post how many we will actually need. And yes, experienced riders will need to ride with the slower or newer riders. Sweeps will need to know basic motorcycle maintenance, preferably CPR and/or first aid and have a cell phone to call for an ambulance if needed. Leaders will be setting the pace, watching out for road hazards and alerting their group to any situations they should be aware of as soon as possible.

Also, if you sign up to be a lead or sweep I need you to show. Last year a couple of people didn't or couldn't at the last minute and put us in a bind. Luckily a few other CSCers stepped up. This part requires some semblance of adulthood, so know yourself before agreeing to take any responsibility.

All groups will need to take the same route so we know where to look should someone not finish the ride.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Preferably constructive?

Quote Originally Posted by dano21911 View Post
    Are we still on for the ride tomorrow? And this is my first ride with you guys ans I heard that the aggressive group wears full leathers and drag knees. If so that's awesome. Im just asking cuz I wanted to rife that group but don't have my leathers anymore. Let me know please
    You can ride with any group you choose. Some wear full one piece race suits... some wear jeans, jackets, boots, helmets and gloves.... its up to you to determine youre level of comfort. These roads dont offer much of an opportunity to drag a knee consistently..... cars, gravel, etc.... if you approach this ride like its a knee draggin race, you'll be the guy that puts his shit into a canyon wall. (just like the rest that have done it time and time again)

The aggressive group goes pretty damn fast, but the folks in that group know the roads like the back of their hands and know when and where to go fast. If you dont think you know the routes like the back of your hand... ease off to a comfortable pace. Heck... even Im gonna be riding this one pretty chill... for a bit.

Play it safe and remember, you'll be around alot of folks who youre not used to riding with. If you screw up, theres people behind you and with cars, guard rails, cliffs, gravel on the shoulders.... those poor folks wont stand a chance of avoiding your fawk up. Goal of this ride is to ENJOY the canyons, act as a WARM UP ride and re-learn the canyons and where all the new potholes, tar snakes, etc are after this winter.

Approach it with the right mind set and that its not a race.... you'll have a great time. Approach it like a race, well... You may get carted out in a ambulance and your bike (or whats left of it) on a tow truck,
    Ryan ~ 2007 Speed Triple.
    If danger came from the tap, I'd shower in that shit!

Last edited by Jmetz; Sat May 19th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Looks like I won't be making it after all due to my new work schedule...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

Lightbulb Re: Seasonal Kickoff Ride -- 19th or 20th of May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Drunktank View Post
    You can ride with any group you choose. Some wear full one piece race suits... some wear jeans, jackets, boots, helmets and gloves.... its up to you to determine youre level of comfort. These roads dont offer much of an opportunity to drag a knee consistently..... cars, gravel, etc.... if you approach this ride like its a knee draggin race, you'll be the guy that puts his shit into a canyon wall. (just like the rest that have done it time and time again)

The aggressive group goes pretty damn fast, but the folks in that group know the roads like the back of their hands and know when and where to go fast. If you dont think you know the routes like the back of your hand... ease off to a comfortable pace. Heck... even Im gonna be riding this one pretty chill... for a bit.

Play it safe and remember, you'll be around alot of folks who youre not used to riding with. If you screw up, theres people behind you and with cars, guard rails, cliffs, gravel on the shoulders.... those poor folks wont stand a chance of avoiding your fawk up. Goal of this ride is to ENJOY the canyons, act as a WARM UP ride and re-learn the canyons and where all the new potholes, tar snakes, etc are after this winter.

Approach it with the right mind set and that its not a race.... you'll have a great time. Approach it like a race, well... You may get carted out in a ambulance and your bike (or whats left of it) on a tow truck,
    +100
    Couldn't have said it any better

9:30 AM...yeah, I'll be sleeping. When you work graves, you don't do much before noon. Maybe with Jmetz and meet at lunch spot if you know where that's happening.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Drunktank View Post

Hmm....me thinks if you were a high school football coach, you would always give one hell of a good ass pregame speech ! Ever considered coaching football.... ????

Quote Originally Posted by dano21911 View Post
    undercover alert !
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    undercover alert !
    As a possible "team leader" of the fast group I would like to see the ID's of alliance participants please.

Ill be in the extra slow group
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr