Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take it easy out there, don't get too excited

Re: Take it easy out there, don't get too excited

Or.....that so called idiot could have made a simple mistake which caused him/her their lives. There are idiots out there, but there are also good people; parents, someones child, brother/sister, or friend that die.

People are going to ride they way they do....but no matter how carefull you are, things will happen.......just want to give a reminder at how simple life can be lost on two wheels.
    Last edited by Slo; Sun Apr 15th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    fker did not lean hard . hahahahh...
    that was not a tight turn. fker just did not stay at his limits. burn in hell muthfker
    If your gonna ride like an idiot . You die as an idiot. Now let's go do wheelies on 25.
    I've met you in person and I enjoyed our conversation. But the more you write on the forum, the more difficult of a guy you are to take seriously.

It is too bad it's getting the best of you. =\
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Sun Apr 15th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Or.....that so called idiot could have made a simple mistake which caused him/her their lives. There are idiots out there, but there are also good people; parents, someones child, brother/sister, or friend that die.

People are going to ride they way they do....but no matter how carefull you are, things will happen.......just want to give a reminder at how simple life can be lost on two wheels.
    Yep, the crash will happen when you least expect it

i obviously rub alot of you the wrong way in regards to this thread. i apologize for my choice of words, which that is all they are. You all really take this social media waaay tooo seriously. I do not. But then you sit back and say to yourself why would i write such distasteful words. That is just my point of view. If you cannot accept that in this forum of all places i shake my head at you.....Let the unfriending commence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    Yup
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

i obviously rub alot of you the wrong way in regards to this thread. i apologize for my choice of words, which that is all they are. You all really take this social media waaay tooo seriously. I do not. But then you sit back and say to yourself why would i write such distasteful words. That is just my point of view. If you cannot accept that in this forum of all places i shake my head at you.....Let the unfriending commence.

Nah.... The CSC isn't really like that. Those of us that would simply "unfriend" and move along, would likely do it without a word publicly or perhaps after a high-intensity flame fest. (If you're like me and have lots to say.)

But having been on here as long as I have, I'm pretty confident speaking for most, that we would just as soon "preserve" friendships with one another and do our due diligence to - maybe not think alike and agree 100% of the time - but to let one another know that we do value them and that we appreciate their participation; even if what our tendancies to say (read: type) seem mildly lacking in taste. There's no reason for you to apologize to any of us for anything, I think maybe you just need to realize that we're actually listening.

At the end of the day we may all be far more familar with one another "on the screen" than we ever will be with one another "on the road", but when the two worlds are able to transition as seemlessly as possible, it makes (me personally at least) feel like we've accomplished something. After all, isn't that part of the reason why each of us has sought out the brotherhood of motorcycling-come-internetforum together in the first place? Taking it seriously isn't a put-down, I think it's an elevation.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Sun Apr 15th, 2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling...
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever read.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    This is the most pathetic thing I've ever read.
    Read more?

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Threads like this remind me why I added "mdub" to the ignore list long ago.

RIP rider ,
    -Chris
    (77O-six55-3O35) '03 R6 (new baby) / '03 SV650 (sold) Almond Imaging Photography

Quote Originally Posted by ATL View Post
    Threads like this remind me why I added "mdub" to the ignore list long ago.
    -Chris
    +1
    Unfortunatly people quote him.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Wow....that was ugly. Too late now, but if he couldn't make the cornner, he should have swerved completely across the outside and missed the truck and just gone off into the bushes. RIP.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Look closely, and it seems he realized he was in too hot, then panicked and got crossed up just before he goes in front of the truck.
    Back to the accident. Can we maybe have thread with accidents where we could analyze the accident ? Come to conclusion and learn from it . Senior riders should have final word.

In this video since there were two people I think maybe passenger was not experienced and got scared, did not lean with which caused them to go wide. My ex did similar think to me couple of years ago.
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    Back to the accident. Can we maybe have thread with accidents where we could analyze the accident ? Come to conclusion and learn from it . Senior riders should have final word.

In this video since there were two people I think maybe passenger was not experienced and got scared, did not lean with which caused them to go wide. My ex did similar think to me couple of years ago.
    Didn't enlarge it so I didn't see the passenger. Had a passenger of my own try to do this to me the other day. Resulted in me pulling over, talking to her about it, and didn't happen again. She just didn't realize she was doing it.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

i dont even want to watch this vid... this kind of thing makes me pinch a new button hole in my computer chair!

as far as mdub's comments go... fuck off asshole!

some of us have had friend die on 2 wheels here and sure maybe there was some kind of mistake made by them,,, we dont know... just that they dont show up for group rides or anything else anymore! so if you think your being funny or a tough guy your not! just an idiot as far as i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post

Pretty much any accident posted here gets analyzed. Unfortunately seeing something in low quality, behind a semi, and coming towards it doesn't yield enough information about what had gone wrong other than the rider was in the wrong lane at a very bad time.

He could have been avoiding something in his lane earlier, or might have been a mechanical failure too. There's no way to know what actually happened, which is why people like mdub, who make assumptions and blast a dead person with insults, are the true scum of the Earth.

There are three things I see viable that could have helped the rider and passenger.

1. Going slower with a passenger.
    2. Wearing more gear.
    3. Running off into the grass.

RIP
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Random feelings of compassion for a life lost is as vulgar if not more vulgar than random feelings of disregard. These two people may of just blown up an orphanage and been fleeing the scene. I personally hate when people act like they give a shit about something or somebody they know nothing about. I am conflicted though because I always feel bad when you can see the moment when life is lost, always. I don't have to really know somebody to care that they died. It must be a flaw where the survivor in me has been dulled or mental weakness. If you are used to seeing people die, people you know, that in it's self is a tragedy. I don't know you Mdub but most people are not used to seeing people die. It is an extraordinary event to most of us. Sorry it’s not for you. Please keep speaking your mind your way! That is what a forum should be!
    RIP Riders

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

as far as mdub's comments go... fuck off asshole!
    oh yeah...hahahah ...deserving thanks.

I don't know you Mdub but most people are not used to seeing people die. It is an extraordinary event to most of us. Sorry it’s not for you. Please keep speaking your mind your way! That is what a forum should be!
    Yes HotCarcass I will.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTCARCASS View Post
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Random feelings of compassion for a life lost is as vulgar if not more vulgar than random feelings of disregard. These two people may of just blown up an orphanage and been fleeing the scene. I personally hate when people act like they give a shit about something or somebody they know nothing about.
    So if I should come across you down somewhere I should either keep going or stop to piss on you, because I don't know you and for all I know you're fleeing the scene of a mass murder?

I don't know you and have no ill will towards you so don't take my statement as such. It's a statement of what I get from yours.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Meh. This thread is yet another CSC masterpiece...

Do I know those riders? Nope.
    Do I actually care about them as much as someone I do know? Nope.
    Do I still feel that their loss is unfortunate? Maybe.
    Do I know enough about the situation to make a decision about who is to blame? Nope.

So, I don't necessarily feel sympathy for the dead.

Yes, they're riders, and I'm a rider, so we have that in common.
    But, I'm not sure that's sufficient to really forge a sense of loss.

I can see their deaths as poignant reminders that this sport is deadly, but don't we already know that? Maybe a few people aren't aware, but if you're the kind of rider who ignores the dangers and deadly nature of riding, then these videos won't move you to be a better/safer rider.

I've had real friends killed riding--and those were people I knew, people I cared about, and people who will never again go ride with me, or bullshit about life, play COD, go skiing, shooting, etc. I can miss and feel loss at their deaths because I knew them. I can't feel much sense of loss for people I didn't know.

I suppose their deaths are a blow to their friends and families, but that doesn't affect me anymore than the X-thousand people who will die today of whatever other causes. Maybe someone slipped and died in the shower--I shower, should I feel sympathy? Someone will definitely die in a car accident today--I drive, should I feel sympathy? Why are dead riders supposed to immediately engender sympathy? Is it because in watching them die we see that we can meet the same fate? Is that all it takes?

I don't think they "deserved" to die as Mdub claims, since I don't know them, don't have anything against them, and as far as I can tell they did no "wrong" and (probably) are only guilty of making a mistake and paying the ultimate price for it.

But, maybe some people need to distance themselves from what they saw and what they do and thus they need to blame the victim for doing something "stupid" that they "deserved" in order to separate that event on tape from events/mistakes they've made or make while riding.

But, while I don't think mdub's comments are any kind of heroic championing of Free Speech here on the forums, I also don't agree with (or fully believe) the outpouring of sadness at the loss of people no one knew.

But, those are both side issues to the reason this thread was started (or so I see it)--

Slo posted that vid and this thread in the hopes that maybe a brutal reminder of how deadly our chosen hobby is will make people think twice about doing something stupid, or, at least, maybe it will make people pay more attention while riding--alertness, good gear, and riding within our limits are the only ways to really reduce our chances of getting killed.

So, I appreciate Slo's message, and I applaud him for trying to raise awareness in those who don't recognize how deadly this sport is and/or remind those who may have forgotten.

But the incessant bickering is missing the entire point of this thread...which is typical of any post on CSC...
    Last edited by Ghost; Mon Apr 16th, 2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: DYAC
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Slo posted that vid and this thread in the hopes that maybe a brutal reminder of how deadly our chosen hobby is will make people think twice about doing something stupid, or, at least, maybe it will make people pay more attention while riding--alertness, good gear, and riding within our limits are the only ways to really reduce our chances of getting killed.

So, I appreciate Slo's message, and I applaud him for trying to raise awareness in those who don't recognize how deadly this sport is and/or remind those who may have forgotten.
    Exactly my point.... many of us get excited, including myself. This wasn't originally for any outpouring of emotion, just to give us a reminder at just how simple things can happen in life, especially on two wheels.

Testosterone VS Estrogen
    I think dubz test runs little higher .
    Again gated suburbs vs inner city .
    Killing and eating a lamb vs corn flakes
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Meh. This thread is yet another CSC masterpiece...

Do I know those riders? Nope.
    Do I actually care about them as much as someone I do know? Nope.
    Do I still feel that their loss is unfortunate? Maybe.
    Do I know enough about the situation to make a decision about who is to blame? Nope.

So, I don't necessarily feel sympathy for the dead.

Yes, they're riders, and I'm a rider, so we have that in common.
    But, I'm not sure that's sufficient to really forge a sense of loss.

I can see their deaths as poignant reminders that this sport is deadly, but don't we already know that? Maybe a few people aren't aware, but if you're the kind of rider who ignores the dangers and deadly nature of riding, then these videos won't move you to be a better/safer rider.

I've had real friends killed riding--and those were people I knew, people I cared about, and people who will never again go ride with me, or bullshit about life, play COD, go skiing, shooting, etc. I can miss and feel loss at their deaths because I knew them. I can't feel much sense of loss for people I didn't know.

I suppose their deaths are a blow to their friends and families, but that doesn't affect me anymore than the X-thousand people who will die today of whatever other causes. Maybe someone slipped and died in the shower--I shower, should I feel sympathy? Someone will definitely die in a car accident today--I drive, should I feel sympathy? Why are dead riders supposed to immediately engender sympathy? Is it because in watching them die we see that we can meet the same fate? Is that all it takes?

I don't think they "deserved" to die as Mdub claims, since I don't know them, don't have anything against them, and as far as I can tell they did no "wrong" and (probably) are only guilty of making a mistake and paying the ultimate price for it.

But, maybe some people need to distance themselves from what they saw and what they do and thus they need to blame the victim for doing something "stupid" that they "deserved" in order to separate that event on tape from events/mistakes they've made or make while riding.

But, while I don't think mdub's comments are any kind of heroic championing of Free Speech here on the forums, I also don't agree with (or fully believe) the outpouring of sadness at the loss of people no one knew.

But, those are both side issues to the reason this thread was started (or so I see it)--

But the incessant bickering is missing the entire point of this thread...which is typical of any post on CSC...

Funny how thoughts are conveyed online and when you know someone personally (instead of who you think they are) it changes things a bit.

One could argue that if you are in the lane of oncoming traffic essentially you "deserve" to get hit

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post

Funny how thoughts are conveyed online and when you know someone personally (instead of who you think they are) it changes things a bit.

One could argue that if you are in the lane of oncoming traffic essentially you "deserve" to get hit
    Maybe not "deserve" to get hit but you surely accept the outcome and consequences for making such a maneuver.