Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Take it easy out there, don't get too excited

Re: Take it easy out there, don't get too excited

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Maybe not "deserve" to get hit but you surely accept the outcome and consequences for making such a maneuver.
    If I was standing in front of someone hitting golf balls I would deserve to get hit by one.

I guess maybe the word "deserved" when put into context should probably have something to do with intent. He didnt deserve to die because it was an mistake that placed him in the oncoming lane.

On the other hand, you "deserve" anything that you know not to do. If you know you shouldnt be in front of someone hitting golf balls and you get hit, you deserved it. Im guessing the rider knew he shouldnt have been in the oncoming lane.

Hmmm.... Thats a deep little question there. I will tackle it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    On the other hand, you "deserve" anything that you know not to do. If you know you shouldnt be in front of someone hitting golf balls and you get hit, you deserved it. Im guessing the rider knew he shouldnt have been in the oncoming lane.
    "Deserve" implies moral intent and forethought--if you punch someone you deserve to get punched back.

If you're merely on the wrong side of the road then you don't deserve to get injured/killed as you didn't intend a (morally) wrongful action, you just messed up and shouldn't be surprised/should expect to be in a dangerous position.

English leads us to use "deserve" but the word itself carries moral connotations that the actions don't merit in this case.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    So if I should come across you down somewhere I should either keep going or stop to piss on you, because I don't know you and for all I know you're fleeing the scene of a mass murder?

I contradict myself on this issue, sorry. I personally am not strong enough to be that cold. I would always stop to help you. Even if I knew you wanted to die and you drove in front of the semi on purpose. The death in the video looks intentional to me, IMO. Even if we were in battle and you were shot and killed I would not leave you the way I would leave my enemy on the ground I would pick you up. Even if you stood to catch a bullet on purpose. If you passed me by on the road and yelled "you deserve to die" and I was in fact alive then I would disagree. If I were in fact dead then I would agree and still look after you as a fellow rider from above. Like I said, I’m flawed. If you pissed on me and I was alive then I would grab a hold of your pecker rip it off your body and feed it to the circling vultures. I don't know you and mean no ill will toward you. That is what I would do if in fact you pissed on me soon after a crash. Oh yeah I am more aware of the dangers of ridding (to stay on topic). Honestly bringing new life into the world has made me more aware of all the potential risks that surround me on a daily basis then watching life pass.

I don't know you and have no ill will towards you so don't take my statement as such. It's a statement of what I get from yours.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

Funny how thoughts are conveyed online and when you know someone personally (instead of who you think they are) it changes things a bit.

....i'm the same muth-fker as i ever was.....

Quote Originally Posted by HOTCARCASS View Post
    I contradict myself on this issue, sorry. I personally am not strong enough to be that cold. I would always stop to help you. Even if I knew you wanted to die and you drove in front of the semi on purpose. The death in the video looks intentional to me, IMO. Even if we were in battle and you were shot and killed I would not leave you the way I would leave my enemy on the ground I would pick you up. Even if you stood to catch a bullet on purpose. If you passed me by on the road and yelled "you deserve to die" and I was in fact alive then I would disagree. If I were in fact dead then I would agree and still look after you as a fellow rider from above. Like I said, I’m flawed. If you pissed on me and I was alive then I would grab a hold of your pecker rip it off your body and feed it to the circling vultures. I don't know you and mean no ill will toward you. That is what I would do if in fact you pissed on me soon after a crash. Oh yeah I am more aware of the dangers of ridding (to stay on topic). Honestly bringing new life into the world has made me more aware of all the potential risks that surround me on a daily basis then watching life pass.
    Understood. And I agree with the last statement. When I had my kids I quit riding until last year.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Saying he didn't deserve to die if in fact he wanted to would be un true. My three sons have given me more reason to back off the gas and be careful eating peanut butter and to watch my step in the shower etc. then anything else. My oldest son just turned 16 and has been going on rides with me. It is a whole new ball game when your kid is tailing you. I watched my wife wad her ninja last summer. i thought she was killed at first. As her leader I was responsible for her life and fucked up and nearly got her killed. It is so important to have a clear understanding for how fragile life is before you ride. Because there can be nothing of the sort on your mind while ridding. I watched the video purely to remind myself of the fear I should have built into my personal limit meter.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals