Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWD cage in CO?

Re: RWD cage in CO?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    The new Mustang V6 is looking better and better.
    I've been very happy with mine
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

rwd & rear motor!

I gotta ask why a v6 version of a muscle car? I've never really seen the point.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

There you go, took me a while to find lol

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...8&postcount=76

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    My reasoning... I wanted to get a small commuter car that gets good gas mileage, was comfortable and fun to drive. The v6 mustang accomplishes all of those.

I'm not into drag racing. I have nothing to prove to some random teenager in a ricer nor do I have anything to prove to some guy who's going through a mid life crisis but can't afford a Porsche so they buy a shelby or the like.
    Last edited by salsashark; Sun Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

HA if you actually know how to drive then rwd with all terrain tires are fine in the snow. Been doing it that way for years. Have yet to wreck or slide off the road.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Moved to the auto forum.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

first motor ever built with over 300hp and 30mpg. and it will stomp any previous generation stang gt with a v8, especially with a new rear driveshaft and gearing.

definitely get tires though front and rear and you will be just fine in the winter, skinniest size recommended for the wheel. the only time i need 4wd in my tundra in the winters is getting in or out of the gutter to my driveway lol. this is assuming you live in a city with snow removal though and not some rural city limit area.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

I drive my CLK550 MB in the snow, with z-rated conti's on it all year. Most would call that stupid, I think it's fun. As other's have said, we really don't have many 'snow days' and I'm fine until I get home and have to get up my steep driveway with the turn up top. Then again, I grew up driving in Canada.

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

clear roads or not, summer tires are no good in cold temperatures and when its super cold out youre just stressing the rubber way more by running them super hard and near brittle and decreasing the life, safety, and grip capabilities of the tires.

all season and winter tires stay flexible in freezing temperatures, summer tires just get ruined and wont grip well even on clear roads.

Actually, a Mustang is a pony car. Anyway, the V6 will outhandle the V8 all day long. And the current V6 has more HP and more torque than my '99 V8 had so I'm sure I'll be just fine. And I have a budget.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

We do the deal with Firestone for Blizzaks for both cars. Swapping tires twice a year and lifetime alignment is worth the cost and the summer tires last a lot longer.

Actually, a Mustang is a pony car. Anyway, the V6 will outhandle the V8 all day long. And the current V6 has more HP and more torque than my '99 V8 had so I'm sure I'll be just fine. And I have a budget.
    Unless you're really in a rush, I'd actually wait a year.

The 2014 Mustang will be the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang and it's going to be a completely new car...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

v6 out handle the gt? naaaaaaah. its only ~100 lbs lighter and sans performance package, lacks a lot of nice chassis items compared to the gt. the review i read said the gt is much better to drive around a road course handling wise.

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    v6 out handle the gt? naaaaaaah. its only ~100 lbs lighter and sans performance package, lacks a lot of nice chassis items compared to the gt. the review i read said the gt is much better to drive around a road course handling wise.
    Well, I guess that could be true.

But I have a budget and I've budgeted $26k. That gives me $3k to buff the suspension and I'm still a solid $5-6k below the GT. Really, I don't need the V8 power and I don't need the gas bill right now. I'm just coming off 4 years on a student budget and while I do have a good job now, and I have a very lucrative moonlighting gig, I can't stretch myself too thin.

In other words, the V8 ain't gonna happen until 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Unless you're really in a rush, I'd actually wait a year.

The 2014 Mustang will be the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang and it's going to be a completely new car...
    Not in a rush until the snow starts falling next season. I do like the idea of a special edition but I don't like to buy the first year of a new design, so I'd be torn.