Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandimere 14 Apr 12 Aftermath

Bandimere 14 Apr 12 Aftermath

I managed to get a few videos from the strip yesterday. There were a handful of other bikes there, including a custom drag bike, an SV1000 and a Busa with nitrous. There was even a Harley V-Rod with a guy wearing jeans and chaps, but he was hitting mid-12's, not too shabby.

Here's a handful of videos I took, mostly bikes, including the Harley. You can't really see the times at the end of it though:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rsvape?feature=watch

And here's a video of me. Be gentle, it was literally my second run ever (this was my first time ever drag racing) and on the first run I had trouble with the BMW Wheelie control and it slowed me down, so this time I was overcompensating and took off a lot slower, but as you can see at the end of it, even with my RT of .65 or whatever, I still finished 11.508 @ 147.8 MPH.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...rent=00004.mp4
    Last edited by Sarge; Sun Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Re: Bandimere 14 Apr 12 Aftermath

That's a damn fast bike. That car you were up against didnt stand a chance. I can't wait to get a few runs out at bandimere myself.

That's an amazing trap speed! Your reaction time looked like a .663, which btw has no effect on your ET. Get your 60fts down and you could go 9's with that trap speed.

The thing that really gets me is I hit an 11.509 later in the day with a trap of like 130, and comparing the slips side by side they were almost identical at every step, within 100ths of a second in most cases.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

It would help control your wheelies if you placed you body lower and more forward, like your laying on the tank with your facemask almost touching the windscreen, then swing your legs back so your pretty much tippy toeing behind the pegs. If you watch all the other guys, thats what they'll do. I know its only your second run, just some constructive advice and something to practice. Jusy like cornering, body position is key.
    05' SV1000S-CF

Im too tall for this shit...

Here's a copy of my two best times for the day. (I'm 51) My friends and I were confused about how all my times could be so similar, even though my RT was much better and my trap speed was more than 10 MPH slower... Needless to say, I'm going to be practicing my launches a lot more here in the coming weeks. Pueblo opens May 11.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

Here's a copy of my two best times for the day. (I'm 51) My friends and I were confused about how all my times could be so similar, even though my RT was much better and my trap speed was more than 10 MPH slower... Needless to say, I'm going to be practicing my launches a lot more here in the coming weeks. Pueblo opens May 11.
    The "speed trap" timers at Bandimere are set 66' just before the finish line. Your total mph is measured in that last 66 feet so you must have let out of the throttle just before you reached the finish line, therefor your et was relatively the same but your mph dropped.
    Last edited by Husky; Mon Apr 16th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles

Damn! That bad boy really pulls on the other end! The best time/speed I can remember on my R1 is an 11.17 @ around 127mph. Need to find my time slips, but I'm pretty sure that was the MPH for the 11.17. I've done a 10.90 something, but have no idea of the speed.

I found wheelie bars for my R1 for $396. Get those and a QuickShifter and maybe I can lay down a respectable time!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Awesome! Crazy trapspeed, geeze. I was at the BMW dealer off Arapahoe (near Kuni Landrover) Saturday. Saw a black one and a blue demo. Those bikes are ridiculousy nice. Traction control, ABS, wheelie control, stoppie control, different drive modes, etc. Insane technology! And pricetag, lol.

The guy said they went out to a test track recently for factory training on it. Water truck covered the entire track. Then they were told to ride bikes as hard as they could, in the wet. Said the bikes barely flinched.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

So I guess the question is, did you have the traction control engaged?

I remember when I rode the S1000RR, the BMW guy told me that if I decided that I wanted to pop a wheelie, the computer would only allow the front tire to come up a couple of inches, then it would set the bike back down... I did not test this.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

There was a pretty nice tail wind for part of the day as well and thatll definitely help the trap speed. For instance I was able to trap almost 144 on a gsxr1000 with probably the same track conditions last year up there and I couldn't figure it out either lol!! Not bad times at all for your first time racing either!! And hot damn do those Bimmers throw down some power!!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

I did have the TC engaged, and that's why I was pogo'ing on the first run, wheel came up and bounced four times and when I shifted I hit neutral, still I finished at like 12.5 though. That's why I started slow on my second run ( the one in the video) I was concentrating on starting smoother this time around. I wasn't sure how the wheelie control worked exactly (I originally though you could ride them for 5 seconds, but it turns out only in "slick" mode, the rest of the time the wheel only comes up an inch or two, power is cut (very smoothly, if I wasn't also trying to compensate on my own since I don't yet trust it I hardly would have noticed it), wheel touches down, power returns, wheel goes up, rinse and repeat. As you can see from these times this bike is stupid fast, combine that with the fact that it's a new bike to me (only 1000 miles in the two weeks I've had it) and since I've never dragged before, I decided to "take it easy" and leave the TC engaged. I'm already planning on going to Pueblo next month, and hopefully I'll have it down a little better. Now that I know more about how the TC works with wheelie control, I'm going to try and ride it out full throttle and see what happens. The bike came with a factory quil shifter (awesome, btw) so I only have to clutch the start and watch the RPMs. One hell of an experience though.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

I managed to get a few videos from the strip yesterday. There were a handful of other bikes there, including a custom drag bike, an SV1000 and a Busa with nitrous. There was even a Harley V-Rod with a guy wearing jeans and chaps, but he was hitting mid-12's, not too shabby.

Here's a handful of videos I took, mostly bikes, including the Harley. You can't really see the times at the end of it though:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rsvape?feature=watch

And here's a video of me. Be gentle, it was literally my second run ever (this was my first time ever drag racing) and on the first run I had trouble with the BMW Wheelie control and it slowed me down, so this time I was overcompensating and took off a lot slower, but as you can see at the end of it, even with my RT of .65 or whatever, I still finished 11.508 @ 147.8 MPH.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...rent=00004.mp4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    That's an amazing trap speed! Your reaction time looked like a .663, which btw has no effect on your ET. Get your 60fts down and you could go 9's with that trap speed.
    Like scuba steve has already mentioned, Reaction time DOES NOT EFFECT ELAPSED TIME. The E.T. timer starts when you break the rear staging light. Reaction time Is the time it takes you to break the stagging light after the tree turns green. To get a good RT you have to leave "before" the green light lights up. Ive had one perfect light .000 in competition, and I usually count the lights one..two..three...GO and Leave at the very end of me saying GO. You have to have a consistant method if you plan to race in competition.
    05' SV1000S-CF

Im too tall for this shit...

That trap time is crazy.

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwayripper View Post
    That trap time is crazy.
    Making Pointless bumps to old threads just to get your post count up is HEAVILY frowned upon and will result in your for sale thread being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolds View Post
    Making Pointless bumps to old threads just to get your post count up is HEAVILY frowned upon and will result in your for sale thread being removed.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolds View Post
    Or their post count remaining at 1.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    You mean 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post

post count 0

Damn, and I got all excited that we had another speed junkie chimming in on the Drag Race Board................sighhhh. Hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.
    Chunky Beast Racing
    2017 SPONSORS
    Diversity Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Husky View Post
    Damn, and I got all excited that we had another speed junkie chimming in on the Drag Race Board................sighhhh. Hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.
    Do you have the fake tickets that say that cause if so I want some.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Do you have the fake tickets that say that cause if so I want some.
    Fake tickets?
    Chunky Beast Racing
    2017 SPONSORS
    Diversity Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Husky View Post
    Fake tickets?
    Hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits

We're did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits

We're did you hear that?
    I heard that a long time ago from George Carlin the old 1980's comedian.
    Chunky Beast Racing
    2017 SPONSORS
    Diversity Cycles