Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a sport touring bike...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Looking for a sport touring bike...

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Well?????

Damn OWS hippies can't even spell!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

There is a 2003 Honda Blackbird at Fay looking for a home.

MRA Racer No.427

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Well?????

Look in your sig. It's just like that one.
    Been to busy riding it to take pictures. 300 miles yesterday, work today to catch up on paperwork, and probably do 300 tomorrow to get it broke in.
    riding to Salida for lunch, who want's to travel along? Taking Hwy 50 west and probably 24 to 67 back.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Bashed, sent ya a PM

My ZX12R makes a fine sport tourer... hard bags are rare and expensive but a soft bag works just fine for me.. done 5 day trips without issue.

Back seat is a little bigger than the normal SS.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Well I've decided. For the price of the Multistrada I'm going to go with ole reliable instead. Shopping for an '07/'08 ST1300 AND an '09 or up 1000RR. I love Honda and I should be able to save a few thousand over the duc. Hopefully I'll be on two wheels soon.

Board Newbie

im a little late with this post probably. my friend rides an FJR and my "pig" ninja will leave him for lunch in the twisties. and on the same corner/apex he would drag his feet/pegs as i would lean lower and pull away. he made several comments about this. not sure if you can raise the pegs or buy aftermarket sets. but the plus on his side was comfort, upright seating, and carrying capacity. his 3 hardbags outdid my backpack every day of the week.
    current stable: 09 S.E. ZX14, 83 Honda Interceptor (the original sportbike), 2001 Yamaha YZ426.
    past stable: 05 cbr1000rr, suzuki 600 katana (wife will never ride again)

Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Remember the issue is not me. If it was up to me I'd grab another SS liter bike and be happy. If I'm going to get a pig like a busa or a zx14 I might as well get some comfort. The idea was finding comfort that handles well too. Those bikes do neither. All those bikes you listed have no wind protection (especially for the passenger).
    Have you ridden either of these two bikes or even researched how much after market there is for them which is solely touring oriented for you and your passenger? These are comfy bikes. Especially with risers. Windcreens are available and offer enough protection to not let the wind tickle your bald spot... or your wife's. The fuel range is incredible, and " pig handling "
    has been drastically reduced to more of a precision feel. Also these bikes have a lot of power...which may not be the right thing for you.... Now apologize to the Kawasaki please.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

If you want your passenger to be as happy as can be and to tour with you over a lengthened amount of time, buy a Goldwing. Honda....deceptively fast... recliners for seats...it's like your piloting the Star Ship Enterprise while cruising down the road. Can handle their own in corners with a skilled rider as well. Can also turn them into a frickin parade float if you wanted too
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Seeriously
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!