Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One for Grim

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: One for Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Here you go buddy.

http://youtu.be/uCTzNPpHsYM

Not sure if this was posted as self parody Chadwick, but you should have been in the "outer" lane, post-turn. I've watched this over and over now about 10 times, and I'm almost 100% certain you went into their lane, rather than maintaining yours, and expected the Red Cross vehicle to enter the Must-Turn-Left lane.

Why didn't you just follow the grey Nissan in front of you? They navigated that turn properly.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Apr 17th, 2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: To quote the link.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I think this thread is our first official "self-clowning" of 2012.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Mods, I demand this thread gets locked, before hilarity ensues!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

In Wickys favor the Prius did not swing the turn wide enough as if it was originally going to turn into that through lane in the first place. It was origin turning as if it was going to the turn lane ahead and then straightened the wheels to get into the through lane. You can see where wicky turns his head the Prius was partially in the beginning of the turn lane had a car been there it would have clipped it. Therefore whether wicky is wrong or not the Prius made an illegal turn as well.

awh well i'm going home .....i;ll try to ride as safe as poss....

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    In Wickys favor the Prius did not swing the turn wide enough as if it was originally going to turn into that through lane in the first place. It was origin turning as if it was going to the turn lane ahead and then straightened the wheels to get into the through lane. You can see where wicky turns his head the Prius was partially in the beginning of the turn lane had a car been there it would have clipped it. Therefore whether wicky is wrong or not the Prius made an illegal turn as well.
    Prius may have taken an odd line, but Wicky should have tracked behind the silver Altima and gone into the far right lane, I don't think the Prius really had a choice once Wicky came over into his (the Prius') lane.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Prius may have taken an odd line, but Wicky should have tracked behind the silver Altima and gone into the far right lane, I don't think the Prius really had a choice once Wicky came over into his (the Prius') lane.
    Yea it's very obviouse how easily that turn can be confusing because the lines are no longer in the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    No, I know what you're sayin' Sean, I'm just hackin' on him... Mistakes happen. Main thing is that nobody rubbed paint and all lived to tell the story.

Dude's probably on www.redcrosscourier.org/forums right now, having a go at the a-hole motorcylist he nearly voluntered for service today.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    How many clownin' cc's on that beast?

Damn Wickster! You seem to have a habit of not keeping your lane and then yelling at the other cars, thinking it's their fault.

I found this link you posted on YouTube, from the one above. You seem to do it again at around :23 in. I assume your blinker was on indicating your desire to make the R-H-T, but instead of staying in either the L-middle or R-iddle lanes, [left of the Red vehicle that also turned right] (and also who didn't turn to their innermost...), you seem to want to occupy the outermost lane, which is rightfully the black cars; as they are making a L-H-T into their innermost lane. And yes, I do realize that both the lane you were in, and the lane to your left can go straight, and maybe it was their "bad" assumption that you were turning (instead of maybe having a false blinker), but still... once the turns were initiated and all parties began going, the last lanes you should have been close to, are the ones next to that black car.

I'm beginning to see a trend here....
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Apr 17th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by My back hurts View Post
    Id have to go to the intersection and look closer. If you look all the way to the left, I dont know what that sign says but it could have been if your in the left lane youy have to turn left again or some shit along those lines.
    This. There is a sign on the left side that says left lane turns into a turn only lane somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Damn Wickster! You seem to have a habit of not keeping your lane and then yelling at the other cars, thinking it's their fault.

I found this link you posted on YouTube, from the one above. You seem to do it again at around :23 in. I assume your blinker was on indicating your desire to make the R-H-T, but instead of staying in the middle lane, immediately to the lane (R) of the Red vehicle that also turned (R), you seem to want to occupy the outermost lane, which is rightfully the black cars; as they are making a L-H-T into their innermost lane. And yes, I do realize that both the lane you were in, and the lane to your left can go straight, and maybe it was their "bad" assumption that you were turning (instead of maybe having a false blinker), but still... once the turns were initiated and all parties began going, everybody stayed in the lane they were supposed to be in, except you.

I'm curious what the EVO did that was so terrible. There was tons of space.

As long as we're rolling...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu5QK...7&feature=plcp

Umm you passed this truck on the right, going into a parking lot to do so and you get pissed since he changed his mind?

Just another reason we should all hate Prius drivers. Thanks for the validation, Wicky.

I agree with these guys, BUT, I also think the stupid directive lines need to be repainted accurately. I can understand why the RedCross Prius did what it did. Normally his lane wouldn't want to automatically turned into a left-turn-only ramp lane. MG should've been in the far-right lane after the turn, but it's because of the confusing dotted white line, possibly those marks are really old and never got fixed after a road change?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Aww poor Wicky! I agree with most of his idiot vids. Plus they are entertaining and they blow some time. Keep em coming wick.

I found this link you posted on YouTube, from the one above. You seem to do it again at around :23 in. I assume your blinker was on indicating your desire to make the R-H-T, but instead of staying in the L-middle or R-Middle lanes, immediately to the left Red vehicle that also turned right (and also didn't turn to their innermost), you seem to want to occupy the outermost lane, which is rightfully the black cars; as they are making a L-H-T into their innermost lane. And yes, I do realize that both the lane you were in, and the lane to your left can go straight, and maybe it was their "bad" assumption that you were turning (instead of maybe having a false blinker), but still... once the turns were initiated and all parties began going, the last lanes you should have been close to, are the ones next to that black car.

Except those turning right have the right of way. I get what you were saying, but she should not begin her turn until those going straight or turning right are cleared. Looked like that intersection could have both turns go at the same time but technically...

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    I'm curious what the EVO did that was so terrible. There was tons of space.

Failed to signal? That woulda pissed me off too. Those ones are annoying but not as bad as the ones that try to sideswipe you because they are on their phone and can't be bothered to drive while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Except those turning right have the right of way. <Snip...>
    Actually that's a common misconception. As the law is written in the Colorado Revised Statutes, no driver ever "has" right-of-way, the language states that you give or "yield" right-of-way.

And again... I do see what you're saying, I'm just playing devils advocate here, based on my understanding of traffic laws. Obviously we all have to be responsible for our own safety, regardless of anything painted on the roads, or written in the books.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Apr 17th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hahaha epic thread is getting more epic!

Lol omg this reminds me of my ride home today... Guy on a custom chopper basically rode with me from Thornton to Aurora. I think he was staying close to me because he couldn't use his turn signals because his left had was holding his pug inside his jacket.... Wtf? Lol

Actually that's a common misconception. As the law is written in the Colorado Revised Statutes, no driver ever "has" right-of-way, the language states that you give or "yield" right-of-way.

And again... I do see what you're saying, I'm just playing devils advocate here, based on my understanding of traffic laws. Obviously we all have to be responsible for our own safety, regardless of anything painted on the roads, or written in the books.
    Sorry cant snip! Too much work on the tele!

Lol I get what you're saying. That's basically what I do most of the time, play the devils advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Failed to signal? That woulda pissed me off too. Those ones are annoying but not as bad as the ones that try to sideswipe you because they are on their phone and can't be bothered to drive while driving.
    If you get that upset everytime someone didn't signal, then you're sure to have a heart attack by 30.