Thread: Blake Young is smart

Blake Young is smart

So I just watched race 1 from Road A. After the incident with Hayes, it was quick thinking to do what he did. He rode his ass offs for sure.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Re: Blake Young is smart

I am trying to figure out if overcoming every natural instinct to get the f$#k out of the way and instead move further onto the track to get a red flag is brave, cheap, or a sign of a mental imbalance. Either way, it could be an interesting year if Hayes and Young keep battling it out.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

I think it was more disorientation. I've ridden Road Atlanta, and there is no way in hell I would intentionally crawl onto the track in that spot. You can't tell from TV, but that downhill is steep as shit and when you cross under the bridge your front wheel floats a bit. It might take a second to see a rider on the track.

I didn't see that part of the race. What happened? He crashed and got on to the track to get it stopped so he can re-grid?

I watched Ryan Patterson do the EXACT same thing after he got inched off the track and lowsided. He walked back on to the track and pointed at the lead rider to get them to flag the race. (this was summit point WV i think in 2010)

That stupid asshole put lives at risk. Bitch move.

Now I would really like to see a clip of what happened in AMA race 1. I hope Blake Young didn't do something as class-less and stupid as that

Can't find the rest of the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jO0K4ExRgvU
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Wed Apr 25th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

I don't think Young did it on purpose. He went down pretty hard and seemed to have trouble getting off the track. Blew me away to see him go from last to fourth in one lap and then win the race.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Thu Apr 26th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

There is no doubt he went down hard. If you watch how he was sliding, he had his head up looking where he was going the whole time. He made a decision to crawl toward the middle of the track instead of a couple of feet to get off the racing surface. Then the faint loss of consciousness guaranteed a red flag.

He is a racer and wants to win. He utilized the rules to his advantage. Luckily his bike was fixable as it had only minor damage. They way he rode after the restart was amazing, he deserved the win.

For some old MRA racers who might of saw the race, did you see who was trying to help Blake as ge was walking off the track?
    That is our own Dr. Rossi. He is my primary care doc and many others in the MRA. He is also the medical director for WSBK at Miller. Might be a good source of info
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

There's the possibility he did, but I don't think so. I think he truly was knocked loopy. But man, for him to come back like that to win it???? WOW!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I think even Hayes was surprised by his comeback.
    John
    KTM Duke 690