Thread: VFR rebuild and customization

VFR rebuild and customization

Here's an 8.5 minute video of the VFR I rebuilt and customized over the winter. It's a 5th gen 1998-2001 series Interceptor but the tank, seat, subframe, and undertail exhaust were all modified to fit from a 2001-2008 6generation Interceptor.

http://youtu.be/lDScHfeyYxE
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Re: VFR rebuild and customization

NIce Tinkerin, but I gotta admit I wanted to see and hear it running.
    1996 BMW R1100GS
    2002 Ducati Monster 750i.e.

Hell yeah hope to see this up close this summer
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Really nice work. Are you going to leave the levers blue? I'm glad I got to see it Saturday. I was the guy on the black vfr you stopped and said hi to.

Quote Originally Posted by DFab View Post
    Really nice work. Are you going to leave the levers blue? I'm glad I got to see it Saturday. I was the guy on the black vfr you stopped and said hi to.
    Thanks for chiming in! It was a pleasure to meet you guys.

Love the 6gen in black! Rist wasn't quite as clean as a guy would have hoped eh?

Yes, the plan is to stay blue. I will be getting more blue braided hydraulic lines for the front to match the rear. A little extra color to stand out.

I have a guy sending me a set of OEM lines off the front of another 5gen. Then I can run back up to Tubes & Hoses in Loveland and buy the rest of the line I need. Each run of colored line has a different shade and I don't want to put the money into the completed set until next winter.

Then next winter, he can take my spare set of lines along with the matching hose I buy now, and put the appropriate ends and fittings to complete the set. The local guy appears to be far more affordable than those kits you buy online.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Props for an awesome build, especially knowing how rough the donor bike was.
    Brian
    2002 ZRX1200

wondered if you would chime in somewhere

Hope to see ya on the road somewhere this year so you can see it in person.

1999 DR650SE

For anyone not interested in YouTube

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Thanks for chiming in! It was a pleasure to meet you guys.

Love the 6gen in black! Rist wasn't quite as clean as a guy would have hoped eh?

Yes, the plan is to stay blue. I will be getting more blue braided hydraulic lines for the front to match the rear. A little extra color to stand out.

I have a guy sending me a set of OEM lines off the front of another 5gen. Then I can run back up to Tubes & Hoses in Loveland and buy the rest of the line I need. Each run of colored line has a different shade and I don't want to put the money into the completed set until next winter.

Then next winter, he can take my spare set of lines along with the matching hose I buy now, and put the appropriate ends and fittings to complete the set. The local guy appears to be far more affordable than those kits you buy online.
    Rist wasn't too bad. Just the first few turns on the way down. I ordered a fender eliminator for my vfr last week. Other than some hard bags, tank pads and maybe getting the rear sets powder coated black I'm pretty happy with bike stock.

Be prepared to utter a few cuss words while installing fender elliminator. The little 7mm nuts are a mo-fu to get started.

1999 DR650SE

Board Newbie

That thing turned out incredible! Nice work!

Nice work, man! The bike looks really good (especially considering the shape you got it in).

Wow, that turned out quite nice. Amazing how well the lines on the 6th tank flow with the 5th fairings.
    Nice work.

BTW, I still have the near new stock exhaust from my bike, if you're ever in the market.
    Last edited by DriverDave; Thu Apr 26th, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R