Thread: Anyone out there with a...

Anyone out there with a...

Street Triple R? I took one out for a test ride today and liked it, but felt kind of...well...slow. Wondering what most of you think of the Street Triple R and for those that own one...Is it everything you hoped for?

Thanks

Re: Anyone out there with a...

I have it's full fairinged brother and don't believe it's very slow at all. Compared to any litre bikes it definitely won't keep up at high speeds but it's just as fast as any 600's.
    Check out the Striple section at triumph675.net and they will answer everything.
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

I bought a Street Triple R three years and 17k miles ago, and don't think I could have made a better choice. There's not a bike out there today that I'd trade it for. For me, the best part of the bike is that it feels faster than it is, which makes riding (almost) within the law really fun. The sound of the motor, competent brakes and suspension, and the all-day comfortable riding position are really great, too.

I occasionally lust after a liter bike for more power, but on the street, and especially in the canyons, the power is never lacking. I can always get going faster than I want/should.
    http://www.jmack.net/
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Street Triple R? I took one out for a test ride today and liked it, but felt kind of...well...slow. Wondering what most of you think of the Street Triple R and for those that own one...Is it everything you hoped for?

Thanks
    Where did you get to test ride one? I kinda want to buy one but not sure if it will be enough power
    If You Can't Ride It or Take it to Bed. It Ain't Worth Having!

If you think a 675 is slow, you should ride my old FZR. The Street Triple R is tops on my list of new bikes. Gotta have the Arrow exhaust and fly screen on mine.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Just came across this...summarizes it perfectly.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62966

Quote Originally Posted by matt2778 View Post
    Where did you get to test ride one? I kinda want to buy one but not sure if it will be enough power
    I was able to test ride an 09 at Apex. Well after debating over the weekend, I bought it! How could I pass up an 09 with only 266 miles on it? lol. I was worried being a bigger guy 6'0" 230lbs that it would be pretty slow but after getting all over it today, I am really impressed. I will never out ride the bike but I am sure I will catch hell from everyone thinking it's a girls bike yada yada yada. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmack View Post
    Just came across this...summarizes it perfectly.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62966

I really can't argue, I did the same thing. Went from an R1 to the ST3R and honestly...I feel more connected. Yeah it's not anywhere near as powerful, but I feel more comfortable and feel more confident riding this. I plan on using it mostly in the city or small canyon runs so I don't think I will miss the R1 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    If you think a 675 is slow, you should ride my old FZR. The Street Triple R is tops on my list of new bikes. Gotta have the Arrow exhaust and fly screen on mine.
    Mine does have the flyscreen kit, but I am thinking I need a little more windshield if I am riding the highways. I am looking at the visor kits right now and contemplaing the Arrow Slip-ons.

I really can't argue, I did the same thing. Went from an R1 to the ST3R and honestly...I feel more connected. Yeah it's not anywhere near as powerful, but I feel more comfortable and feel more confident riding this. I plan on using it mostly in the city or small canyon runs so I don't think I will miss the R1 at all.
    Badass, congrats Grant! I don't think it looks girly at all (unless it's pink). Post up some pics! What kinda deal did ya get on that near-new? And comfort is a big deal, probably worth the sacrifice after you go on any long rides!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Praveen, I ended up only paying $6100. I felt it was fair considering high end pricing is near $8k and they were asking $7495. If you have me on google+ I have 2 pics on there. But this is what it looks like.

Nice dude! Dig the flat red/orange. Damn, how did you talk them down so much? Great deal, good work. Any of the other dudes down there have bikes?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Tim does, my brother just sold his. I think Roaddog still has his Z1000 so I will have a few folks to run around with.

Nice score! I actually like the round headlights better than the new teardrop design. Foothills in Lakewood has demo rides available.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Thanks Ghosty lol. I am still waiting to be attacked for buying a "girl" bike. lol
    Who would say that? That's stupid, eff 'em, heh. I didn't know Tim had a bike, what kind? Forgot about Greg's Z1k since he went overseas, nice.

You got all the goodies there. You just need some bar end mirrors; I have the CRGs and they look awesome and give much better visibility than stock.

Do you know which brake reservoir they put on there? I've been looking for a black one.

You got all the goodies there.
    What goodies?

You got all the goodies there. You just need some bar end mirrors; I have the CRGs and they look awesome and give much better visibility than stock.

Do you know which brake reservoir they put on there? I've been looking for a black one.

Mine still has the stock brake resevoir...factory mirrors eliminated and single bar end mirror on.

Only thing I need is the belly pan and the molded flyscreen windshield...but I have read that makes a ton of turbulence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Who would say that? That's stupid, eff 'em, heh. I didn't know Tim had a bike, what kind? Forgot about Greg's Z1k since he went overseas, nice.
    Well you know how some people are..."It's not a liter bike/(insert modern 600 name). Why would you buy that?" lol

Tim has an 2004 SV650S. He has been riding it a lot lately. Greg may never get his bike out. lol.