Thread: Need reliable transportation for $1500

Need reliable transportation for $1500

I know this doesn't belong in the general forum, but I wanted to get the most people to take a look at it.

Does anyone have a *reliable* motorcycle I could buy for under 1500 dollars that runs good and will do highway speeds *legally* in the state of california.

I do mean 80's and 90's bikes left over in your garage, 125+ scooters, etc etc. I don't mean streetfightered out "stunt" bikes with no turn signals etc.

If you could hook me up, I'd prefer to ride this thing all the way out here too. I don't know, I gotta figure out the cheapest thing to do here. Sold my car for 2500 yesterday, and want at least a 2500 dollar buffer after all is said and done by the time it's done.

I know of a ridiculous deal on a 636 meticulously maintained but it's 3200 or nothing and I'm not sure I want to force myself into a situation where I have a nicer bike but not enough financial buffer.

So if you have any gems lying around you think would be perfect let me know. Also, if anyone is going to Southern California the first week of may (preferably 5th or later) and has a truck I'd be able to throw it in so I could pitch half the gas that'd be awesome too.

Kinda moving on a wing and a prayer, almost.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: Need reliable transportation for $1500

How about an 01 ninja 250, $750? The carbs need a good cleaning which I will do pre-sale as well as a fresh battery. Could use a set of tires, but those are pretty cheap given the bike. It's not the sexiest thing out there, but the motor is out of an 06 with 4k miles on it (chassis has about 7800 IIRC). Hit me up if interested, you need a cheap ride and I need space in my garage.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

That will get very "reliable" brand new mountain bike
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

Definitely on the 250 man, I work at Coyote Motorsports. My cell is 720-473-3337 feel free to give me a call.

I appreciate it by the way, that's one hell of a hook up