Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MRA opens 2012 season at High Plains Raceway May 5/6!

Re: MRA opens 2012 season at High Plains Raceway May 5/6!

Buying a pair of boots friday and keeping an eye out for leathers hehehe... I'm 5'6 160lbs, if anyone knows of a set of leathers going for a decent price that can fit me lmk. Most people 5'10-6'2 seem to be wearing 42-44 so I assume I'm like a 38 or so. Never owned a suit before so playing it by ear lol

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Buying a pair of boots friday and keeping an eye out for leathers hehehe... I'm 5'6 160lbs, if anyone knows of a set of leathers going for a decent price that can fit me lmk. Most people 5'10-6'2 seem to be wearing 42-44 so I assume I'm like a 38 or so. Never owned a suit before so playing it by ear lol
    If you don't find anything better, I have a size 40 two peice you can use(not looking to sell). I am roughly 5'9 155 and it fits fine.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

I'm ~5'6" 155

Come try on mine. Alpinestars size 42

Quote Originally Posted by Joew4505 View Post
    If you don't find anything better, I have a size 40 two peice you can use(not looking to sell). I am roughly 5'9 155 and it fits fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I'm ~5'6" 155

Come try on mine. Alpinestars size 42
    Thanks for the offers guys!

@tecknojoe - lmk when I can try those on, I also assume that every brand has differences in sizing due to material and features?... G-force has a Speed and Strenght race suit for $400. Any experience with these by any chance?

@joew, I may do IMI this Sunday. If so could I use them?

@tecknojoe - lmk when I can try those on, I also assume that every brand has differences in sizing due to material and features?... G-force has a Speed and Strenght race suit for $400. Any experience with these by any chance?

I'm not sure how the A* suits run since I've only had 2 suits before. you can swing by tomorrow evening if you want. I'm usually home after ~4pm. Not sure about the speed and strength suits. Start a thread about them. I know that AGV makes cheap suits and they work well enough

If you're time crunching to make it this weekend you can use my suit. Just pay for repairs if u eat pavement
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Wed May 2nd, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

how many are usually in a superstreet race? i want to do them this year but am fearful of competitive attitudes and someone crashing into me because im slow as balls.

I will be at HPR all weekend and I doubt you want to drive all the way out there. I will be around tomorrow night putting the final touches on the bike if your around the Arvada area. Your welcome to give it a try to see what you think.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

I just sign up for the SS

See you guys on Saturday.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    how many are usually in a superstreet race? i want to do them this year but am fearful of competitive attitudes and someone crashing into me because im slow as balls.
    There are different sized fields depending on weekends. You have the option of starting in the back. I haven't seen many issues with the race part itself, and almost all are single bike incidents. The racing up front can get close but mid pack and back are pretty civilized. Most have the same attitude as you, they want to have fun and keep it real. My wife will likely be doing one later this year on her 250. She will end up getting lapped but she holds her line very well so people shouldn't have a problem getting around her.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I'm not sure how the A* suits run since I've only had 2 suits before. you can swing by tomorrow evening if you want. I'm usually home after ~4pm. Not sure about the speed and strength suits. Start a thread about them. I know that AGV makes cheap suits and they work well enough

If you're time crunching to make it this weekend you can use my suit. Just pay for repairs if u eat pavement
    Not on a crunch for time really, just more curious as of around what size suit I need. I'll still be out at IMI but maybe to watch and learn more than actual riding for the time being. I'll hit you up next week at some point to try it on. Seems like the suit is gonna have to wait for another bit as I think I need chain and sprockets for the R1 (20k, it was riding kind of funny on the way home)... surprised they lasted this long though I did push 27k out of my OEM on the 600 gixxer but this thing being a 1000 don't think can go there and I'd rather not risk it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joew4505 View Post
    I will be at HPR all weekend and I doubt you want to drive all the way out there. I will be around tomorrow night putting the final touches on the bike if your around the Arvada area. Your welcome to give it a try to see what you think.
    Unfortunately I can't tonight but thanks man, I'm studying for my ASE certifications couple hrs a night to see if I can move on with my life and maybe make more $$$ and be able to attend races with more comfort at some point lol... Good luck this weekend bro!

Not going to make it to this one, good luck everyone with SS. It's awesome .

I will be there tomorrow! Look for the giant RV that says Peanut on the side.

I will probably be there Saturday as a spectator. One of my friends is competing in MRA round #1.

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    I think last year there were grids anywhere from 9 to 26 or so. You have nothing to worry about with regards to other riders. Most are pretty relaxed and everyone wants to bring their ride home unscathed. I'm probably one of the most aggressive in SS, but I would much rather take 4th and not hurt anyone rather than go for 1st and risk crashing with someone. There are no points or trophies, so the reward is just how fun it is. As long as you stay on your line and ride predictably, you will be fine.

It's a really tame race if you want to take it easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EoIajCNI1w
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

I might head over on Sunday.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

There's been good, clean racing at the front of SS, but the rest of the pack tends to sort themselves out like any track day. Just remember you don't win SS on the warmup lap!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    There's been good, clean racing at the front of SS, but the rest of the pack tends to sort themselves out like any track day. Just remember you don't win SS on the warmup lap!
    true, i've seen a lot of the SS people just outride themselves and go down alone. no-one's out there to win a spot in ama

"When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

"When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

grr, i was out there and dont know all these people from the form, hope everyone had fun...
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles

Quote Originally Posted by CBR-Cowboy View Post
    grr, i was out there and dont know all these people from the form, hope everyone had fun...
    Don't feel bad, I've been on the Forum for a year and still don't know everyone :P

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I should probably get to bed, if I want to ride out to watch, tomorrow. Kyle... You got one of those 2fer coupons?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson