Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panigale

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Panigale

Just came back from Fay's and saw the Panigale in the flesh. I have to say I'm less impressed with it in real life than even the pictures, and I didn't like it in the pictures. Yes I know it has great electronics (don't really need 'em), and the taillights are cool for sure. And I'm sure the power and lightness is nice but I have nice bikes and don't feel like I'm missing much. Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but I'm not in love.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: Panigale

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    Just came back from Fay's and saw the Panigale in the flesh. I have to say I'm less impressed with it in real life than even the pictures, and I didn't like it in the pictures. Yes I know it has great electronics (don't really need 'em), and the taillights are cool for sure. And I'm sure the power and lightness is nice but I have nice bikes and don't feel like I'm missing much. Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but I'm not in love.
    Well in that case you are more than welcome to buy it for me and i will be in love with it for you.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

^^^ What Grim said! That bike makes my pants toight!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Well in that case you are more than welcome to buy it for me and i will be even more in love with you.
    Had to do it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Had to do it.
    If it get's me a new bike whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    ^^^ What Grim said! That bike makes my pants toight!
    Yeah, but Richard Simmons makes your pants tight...so what's the big deal?

Meh, I know people will jump on me, but I've never really liked Ducatis all that much--either in how they look or in how they ride. So...meh...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Meh, I know people will jump on me, but I've never really liked Ducatis all that much--either in how they look or in how they ride. So...meh...
    +1
    I just keep my Duc hate to myself (for the most part Diego) since most people seem to think Jesus rides one.

I knew that saying the Panigale was just so-so would get all the Duc pansies in an uproar. If I'm paying $25k for a bike I'd better want to have wild monkey sex with it. The bike leaves me flat. Plus it's replacing the gorgeous 1098/1198 so it had it rough to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    +1
    I just keep my Duc hate to myself (for the most part Diego) since most people seem to think Jesus rides one.
    Hmm, I've never seen Jesus stopped on the side of the road fixing various leaks and other issues, but I had a few rides with a certain Ducatista that did...

I knew that saying the Panigale was just so-so would get all the Duc pansies in an uproar. If I'm paying $25k for a bike I'd better want to have wild monkey sex with it. The bike leaves me flat. Plus it's replacing the gorgeous 1098/1198 so it had it rough to begin with.
    Yep.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I was pretty impressed with Mike Applehans's Ducati race bike he had @ HPR Monday, right up until it broke

Sorry Mike, had to go there.

I'm stopping by Fay after work today (check out the parts dept and see what I can squander $$$ that I don't have lol) and check this thing out

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Mike Applehans's Ducati race bike he had @ HPR Monday, right up until it broke

Sorry Mike, had to go there.
    Pettiford broke a few at the track--then wanted Fay to warranty them.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

<semi off-topic>

Honest opinion from those of you who've spent some time on a 1098 or 1198. How uncomfortable are they really, after an hour minimum ride? Riding/arms position, squat, height, etc. How about for any rides over 3 hours? City vs. Hwy? Just curious because I've never ridden one (any model), and that's all I hear.

I'm just under 5'11", 180#.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Apr 27th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Saw this elsewhere but it's pertinent to this topic. Panigale getting recycled.:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Honest opinion from those of you who've spent some time on a 1098 or 1198. How uncomfortable are they really, after an hour minimum ride? Riding/arms position, squat, height, etc. How about for any rides over 3 hours? City vs. Hwy? Just curious because I've never ridden one (any model), and that's all I hear.

I'm just under 5'11", 180#.
    I rode a 1098S and then an 848 for a weekend, about 8hrs each day. Didn't find them any more or any less comfortable than any other race-replica. The bikes are narrow, which is nice, but the reach/stretch isn't anything better or worse than my 600RR.

If you're looking for comfort, buy a Goldwing.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Ouch! That sucks! As far as Applehans' Ducati being impressive...he'd be impressive on any bike lol!

I rode a 1098S and then an 848 for a weekend, about 8hrs each day. Didn't find them any more or any less comfortable than any other race-replica. The bikes are narrow, which is nice, but the reach/stretch isn't anything better or worse than my 600RR.
    Good to know. Their reputation for killing your back and hams after an hour is overblown then I guess?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

There are a lot of really, really dirty things I would do with this bike.....

I will buy one for $10K in two years

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    No, good to know. Their reputation for killing your back and hams after an hour is overblown then I guess?
    Yep. At least for me, but I'm 5'11 so maybe you need to be taller to bug you.

My only (major) issue is that every fucking Ducati I've ridden (749, 999, 848, 1098, 1198 ) has tried to roast the ever living shit out of my ass and my right thigh. I mean they can get uncomfortably hot in traffic.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

...has tried to roast the ever living shit out of my ass and my right thigh. I mean they can get uncomfortably hot in traffic.
    Read the same thing in several places. Surprised they wouldn't have remedied that by now. After so many iterations and user feedback.

Shouldn't happen on the Panigale, the exhaust has been moved and is no longer under-seat.

Yep. At least for me, but I'm 5'11 so maybe you need to be taller to bug you.

My only (major) issue is that every fucking Ducati I've ridden (749, 999, 848, 1098, 1198 ) has tried to roast the ever living shit out of my ass and my right thigh. I mean they can get uncomfortably hot in traffic.
    Hmmm sounds like my R1 roasting my thigh action too lol

Haha i feel the same way dude, especially about the ducati people. Id be really curious to ride one, but i doubt any bike will ever trump what i felt when i rode the rc8r demo