Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Panigale

Re: Panigale

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    Wow. That's right... we're ALL the same. Sorry joe, never met you, but I guess now I'll just have to live up to your stereotype of "Ducati People." Oooh! The stress! The anxiety!

Tell me Joe, fill in the gaps on how I am, seeing as I am one of "THEM."

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You realize you're fulfilling Joe's stereotype right now, right?
    Wow that was taken way too seriously. I like to joke on the people that say "duc is the end all be all". I especially like how people were trying to reserve the panigale before it was even shown on the internet.

Other than that, some of my best friends are duc owners. I was kidding

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Pretty sure that I don't, though...just sayin.
    ^ great example of an awesome duc owner

Scott if you'd like I'll work turn 1 next weekend and hand off an ice cold starbucks to you

Just saw it at Fay Myers and I like it, sleek lines and I dk something about that front end is growing on me. Beautiful bike... saw the corsacorta F4 next to it then walked to the RC8 and started the day dreaming extravaganza lol

I will buy one for $10K in two years
    sloppy 2nds....

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I wonder if it would be the same for a shorter guy. The oem seat on the superduke is a plank of wood. As long as there's not pinching on my inner thighs it should be good. The engine braking puts a lot of pressure on my with the duke, but my god the ecu controlled engine braking on the rc8 was awesome
    Not sure, but the RC8R is very adjustable. Pretty much everything adjusts up or down, backwards or forwards... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    well according to the sales guy at Erico Motorsports ducati is the Ferrari of sportsbikes.....i dont have 25k. but if i did , i'd get it.
    Why, because the sales guy at Erico told you it was the Ferrari of sportbikes? I got my MV AND my RC8R for less than $25k together. I must be a jeenyus.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
    Same here! That RC8 is just so amazing looking, I really have to wonder if it was made out of the same stuff as the F117A if it would also avoid speeding tickets

While I love that the exhaust is on the bottom of the bikes, I think the partially exposed exhaust of the Ducati is ruining it for me. It almost seems unfinished in a way. I guess I expect the most highly polished product from Ducati, ala 1098 and 1198. The bike is nothing short of amazing, just almost seems unfinished to me in the looks dept.

I'm still trying to figure out what to cut out to get an S1000rr, let alone some sort of Ducati!
    JonnyD, I totally agree with you. The exhaust on the Duc is ridiculous. A guy who was standing next to me looking at it said the exact same thing. I guess they had spaghetti for lunch when they designed it.

As for the RC8R, say what you will about origami and deep seat, that bike is one of the sweetest sportbikes EVER designed. It looks like nothing else out there...in a good way lol. People who don't ride wouldn't know a Panigale from an EX500. But they shit their pants when they see the RC8.

yeah he loves'em obviously. i'm still a cookie cutter honda snob. like i wrote if i have 25k i still would get it....Jeenyus you must be to reference a defunct snowboard company.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Holy crap, Ducati has a new bike???
    No. Audi does.

I spent 15 minutes eyeing the RC8R, tying to like it.

After failing, I got really drunk and tried again.

After failing again, I went to the Panigale.

Different strokes for different folks, but to me the 1199 is one sexy machine. And the $25k mark is an exaggeration. Base model starts at $18k, and the S model (electronic suspension, forged wheels, etc) goes up to 23. But I'm sure the dealerships will jack those.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I went by Fay Myers this Saturday to look at the NR750 they had, totally forgetting that Paul from Fay said they had a Panigale. Well, the NR was already gone, sadly, but the 1199 Panigale was there.

Wow!…… My take on Ducati's: I thought the old 750's an such were pretty bikes, very classic. But I never cared for the fugly 888 (Yuck!), and thought the 916 was ok, but I certainly didn't think it was as beautiful as some thought it was. I found it a little slab-sided, and too simple. The 999 I liked a lot better. It was unique, with styling cues from the art-deco age, especially steam train engines. I really liked it, though a lot of people and the critics hated it. The current 1198 I initially thought was just ok, but, seeing it in the flesh has me liking it, and I liked it even better than the 999, and certainly more than the 916. Greg has a really nice 1198 SP, and there's more curves to admire the more you look at it and see the details. Whereas the 916 was slab-sided and too plain for my tastes, the 1198 is curvy, and enticing. The Desmosedici, while not a classic" beauty (aero needs trump stying needs), is beautiful for what it is: a badass track weapon, the closest thing to a true MotoGP bike for the streets. Unlike all the other "race replicas" which are nothing more than fancy paint jobs on stock street bikes, this IS a race replica, and more "race" than "replica". Bravo to them for doing it, and it's the baddest-sounding streetbike ever.

I also happen to like the styling of the aprilia's; Tuono's, Dorsoduro's, and the RSV4's. I like the Ducati Multistrada (now that they've restyled it from the hideous original!). I also like the KTM's, especially the LC8. I like the angular styling of the KTM's, brought to a pinnacle in the LC8. They too also did an excellent job styling the under engine exhaust, even if I don't think they did a very good job with the sound. Hell, in a weird way, I even like the Diavel. I like the MV Agustas, especially the most recent, most angular ones. I LOVE the ram air intakes and the tail section/pipes. And that's saying a lot considering I hate undertail exhausts for a number of reasons.

All of which brings me to the 1199 Panigale. Again……WOW! Ok, it may be too curvy for some tastes, and it is by FAR the most "organic" of all the Ducati's in terms of styling. But on this one, they've knocked it out of the park. There are lots of intricate, compound curves to admire. All with a purpose. The front air scoops and LED headlights are a great design touch, as are the LED taillights. A pair of very "Audi" touches. Funny, even before they bought Ducati…… The top triple clamps are things of beauty, and have enhanced functionality even. The tail section of free of exhaust clutter, and they did a great job of tucking in and styling the under engine mufflers, unlike the Buell's that look like the exhaust was stolen from a '70's dune-buggy, The fairlings are nicely curved with function evident in every curve. Hot exhaust air exit from the radiator here, cool air intakes here. Very nice. The only thing I don't like is the exposed shock on the rider's left side at calf level. But, I talked to the guy and he said that though it LOOKS like the sharp edges of the electronic adjustment cylinders there would rub your leg, there is actually about 4" of clearance. Oh, and I've NEVER been a fan of single-sided swingarms. I like symmetry, and I also don't like the fact that for the same stiffness, a single sided swingarm must actually be made heavier than a symmetric 2-sided one.

To my mind, maybe it's not as ethereal in it's beauty as a bimota DB7, but it's very close, and more mean looking, less jewel-like. This, is one of the few Ducati's I've ever wanted besides a Desmosedici. Having spent years doing Industrial Design, perhaps I'm more critical in my criticisms and more expansive in my praise, but I'm sold on it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Looks like their should be some spare parts hitting Ebay soon. This bike doesnt look to crash very well to say the least. Great crash pics.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

I went and saw it the other day. You know what, I actually quite like it. It has a very nice jap/race influence that breaks away from the classic ducati. The seat is super tiny which would probly be very comfy for shorter guys like me.

I thought it was interesting how they snaked the headers ALL OVER that thing. I'm not a fan of the exhaust showing like that, but it's definitly unique.

all in all, thumbs up. I can really appreciate the engineering that went into it, and it came out pretty nice, nothing like classic ducati. Maybe one day I'll ride one
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Thu May 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

I went there too, the guys started it up right there in the store. It sounds nice, but too refined .. compared to the raw mechanical sound of the Desmosedici.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Hmmm sounds like my R1 roasting my thigh action too lol
    Mvlad tell me about it bro!

Sittin in traffic on my R1 = well done balls
    Last edited by big53lee; Thu May 3rd, 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joew4505 View Post
    Looks like their should be some spare parts hitting Ebay soon. This bike doesnt look to crash very well to say the least. Great crash pics.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    Well, I'd rather have a bike that doesn't crash well than one that DOES....and does it all the time!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I went and saw it the other day. You know what, I actually quite like it. It has a very nice jap/race influence that breaks away from the classic ducati. The seat is super tiny which would probly be very comfy for shorter guys like me.

I thought it was interesting how they snaked the headers ALL OVER that thing. I'm not a fan of the exhaust showing like that, but it's definitly unique.

all in all, thumbs up. I can really appreciate the engineering that went into it, and it came out pretty nice, nothing like classic ducati. Maybe one day I'll ride one
    Hmmm, interesting how people see things differently. I saw zero Japanese influence, just a radical restyle of the 1198, especially in the 2 intakes under the headlights. But I do agree it's much more radical and curvy than any of the previous duc's, so, bravo to them for that!

The exhaust is a snakes-nest because it HAS to be to get the length needed in the primaries to make the power. Great job disguising it as a rear hugger though!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Wish I would have gotten a pic of the one that was being raced this weekend at High Plains. The thing looked amazing in race body work!

That being said, it didn't sound like I expected it would. I assumed it would be a lot louder but instead, it sounded pretty tame.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Sorry for the shitty vid quality. The first bike here is the 1199:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6H1...hannel&list=UL

When I walked past the Boulder Motorsports truck, I remember remarking that it certainly didn't take them long to get one out on the track... Then we heard it go by...

Sounded purely evil!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

That sounds gnarly status... hopefully I get to see/hear one in action during one of the track days