Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panigale

Re: Panigale

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Saw this elsewhere but it's pertinent to this topic. Panigale getting recycled.:
    Maybe he should have left the TC and ABS on?

'12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Haha i feel the same way dude, especially about the ducati people. Id be really curious to ride one, but i doubt any bike will ever trump what i felt when i rode the rc8r demo
    I'm with ya. The Duc has the general look of an RSV4, but looks more plain. For that kind of money, it needs better styling. Please keep in mind, I'm not talking about its performance at all. It's probably a killer machine. I just wouldn't spend that kind of money on something that was anything less than an Italian Supermodel in the looks department.

It pales in comparison to the RC8R and MV. Everyone's taste is different though, and I was simply giving my little opinion.

Ezzzzy1, I'd like to do dirty things to the Panigale too. Like this: and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    <semi off-topic>

Honest opinion from those of you who've spent some time on a 1098 or 1198. How uncomfortable are they really, after an hour minimum ride? Riding/arms position, squat, height, etc. How about for any rides over 3 hours? City vs. Hwy? Just curious because I've never ridden one (any model), and that's all I hear.

I'm just under 5'11", 180#.
    Ghosty, I have an MV F4 (previous generation) and I'm guessing the riding position is similar to a 1098. I'm 6'3", 220# with clothes on. My limit on that bike is about 250, maybe 300 miles if I'm feeling especially randy.

The RC8R is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most comfortable superbike out there for taller riders. I did a 500 mile day and wasn't hurting at all. Pretty amazing, as it certainly doesn't look like it would be that comfy, but it is.

Maybe Audi can pretty the Ducs up, in time
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Even if ducatis arent your cup of tea you have to admit that thing is an amazing machine. Im not a big fan of the rc8 but its one immpresive bike, what are we going to have 10 years from now 300 horse 200lb bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    Ezzzzy1, I'd like to do dirty things to the Panigale too. Like this: and this:
    Oh come on man! I just feel like I could toss it around like a rag doll and it would take it!

....and it would like it.... Dirty little rag doll

Interesting, most people think Ducati is one of the most beautiful bikes. Strange seeing people say they need improvement in the looks department, lol. e.g. Not a Panigale, but this is PURE SEX, imho:

I could maybe see people saying the main side fairings are a little everyday, not exotic enough like the MVA's.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

The performance is there, the looks are on the bland side... It needs some more flair. Perhaps a color change would help?
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

I think all ducs are gorgeouse I even like the 999 749 series I agree that the 1x98 styling is the best looking bikes ever, ducati is going to have to come out with something amazing to comepete with the looks of the old bike. I understasnd the hate ducati gets hell I used to talk shit on them until I bought a 1198 and realized how special they really are to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Even if ducatis arent your cup of tea you have to admit that thing is an amazing machine. Im not a big fan of the rc8 but its one immpresive bike, what are we going to have 10 years from now 300 horse 200lb bikes?
    Ducatis are actually my cup of tea. I love 'em. Just not impressed with the Panigale's looks. If you read what I said earlier, I'm sure it's a killer bike with amazing performance. The looks don't match the price though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Oh come on man! I just feel like I could toss it around like a rag doll and it would take it!

....and it would like it.... Dirty little rag doll

Agreed, I'd love to ride one. I'm commenting on the looks, which is purely subjective. See comment above.

Interesting, most people think Ducati is one of the most beautiful bikes. Strange seeing people say they need improvement in the looks department, lol. e.g. Not a Panigale, but this is PURE SEX, imho:

Completely agree with you. The 1198 is absolutely gorgeous. The Panigale doesn't even compare. They effed up, pure and simple. Who knows, maybe given enough time I'll come to like the Panigale. Just like when people didn't like the 999 when it came out, but now I think it's beautiful and was way ahead of its time. I'd loooooove to have a 999R.

I'm bored and the weather is nice, I think I'll go check it out right now.

Ducatis are actually my cup of tea. I love 'em. Just not impressed with the Panigale's looks. If you read what I said earlier, I'm sure it's a killer bike with amazing performance. The looks don't match the price though.
    I hear ya man I was just kinda thinking out loud not really speaking to anyone directly

From Motorcyclist "Last Page". The comment about a Ford F150 Desmo Edition cracked me up.

After a long, noisy ride as the official bad-boy brand in global moto-culture, Harley-Davidson now seems to be settling into an image that's a bit less edgy-perhaps something in a Briggs & Stratton or a Black & Decker, but with a bit more give in the waist and seat for greater comfort. Wasting no time, ripped and buff Ducati has swiftly filled the cultural-icon vacuum with its own special blend of bikes, babes and 'bunctiousness.
    Yes, we needed a "b" word there, so we just plain made that one up. Maybe that's a testament of just how fresh this whole new Ducati movement is. Cast off your valve springs and rejoice! World Ducati Week in Misano, Italy, marks the epicenter of this seismic shift in motorcycling culture. This ain't Sturgis, Cletus. Less beef jerky, and much more quirky, WDW has a whole different look.

Leather vests are out and Desmo tats are in. Women are objectified (some things never change), and Body Mass Indexes are trending lower. That's heart-healthy, no? And, of course, Ducatis are cleaned ... or at least vigorously sponged.
    Seems fairly harmless overall. But this societal realignment is just getting started. We may be in for a long, red ride before Ducati becomes as mainstream as Harley-Davidson is today. When will we know? When the Ford F-150 Desmo Edition comes along, that would be a pretty good clue.

Read more: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/mo...#ixzz1tGRQFD4n

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

1. The Penigale is not attractive. I have to agree with Guitar X.
    2. I took the Streetfighter 848 out for a test ride today and I was underwhelmed. I expected it to handle somewhere in between my CBR600rr and my MV Brutale 1078rr. It felt underpowered to me. The sales guys claim it's because I ride an MV, but IMO it felt less gutsy than my CBR. I even kicked it down on I-25 and should have hit some sort of a surge or power band but it was evenly unimpressive. I was told that Ducati really smoothed things out on the smaller street fighter. If they meant the clutch, they were correct. The shifter was very stiff, although it was brand new. The seat height at 33 didn't pose a problem as the bike is well balanced and light. It turns in nicely. The riding position is very comfortable being a little more upright than the CBR, but even at the low price of $12,999 I didn't want it.

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Yeah, but Richard Simmons makes your pants tight...so what's the big deal?
    You going to buy him for me too?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Read the same thing in several places. Surprised they wouldn't have remedied that by now. After so many iterations and user feedback.
    They finally did, but you asked about the 10/1198

As G-X said:

Shouldn't happen on the Panigale, the exhaust has been moved and is no longer under-seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Hmmm sounds like my R1 roasting my thigh action too lol
    Yeah, and my 600RR gets warm at times, but nothing compares to sitting on a 749S in dead-stopped traffic on I-25 south of COS in August when it's about 10-jillion degrees out and the exhaust is slowing trying to ignite spontaneous nuclear fusion in your right ass cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    You going to buy him for me too?
    Isn't he dead?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCBX View Post
    From Motorcyclist "Last Page". The comment about a Ford F150 Desmo Edition cracked me up.

QFT! Italian fanboys = HOG owners.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    +1
    I just keep my Duc hate to myself (for the most part Diego) since most people seem to think Rybo rides one.

I did for the better part of 10 years - what are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    I did for the better part of 10 years - what are you saying?
    I can't remember, did you ever have to fix yours?

Man.... if I could find another bike that does everything my strada does, and better, I'd end my italian relationship in a heartbeat...

As for the Panigale, how many here were actually on the short list, just waiting to purchase one?

hello?

anyone?

kind of what I thought...

haters gonna hate

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    +1
    I just keep my Duc hate to myself (for the most part Diego) since most people seem to think Jesus rides one.
    Jesus rides Honda.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I can't remember, did you ever have to fix yours?
    Maybe once or twice...

Ghosty, I have an MV F4 (previous generation) and I'm guessing the riding position is similar to a 1098. I'm 6'3", 220# with clothes on. My limit on that bike is about 250, maybe 300 miles if I'm feeling especially randy.

The RC8R is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most comfortable superbike out there for taller riders. I did a 500 mile day and wasn't hurting at all. Pretty amazing, as it certainly doesn't look like it would be that comfy, but it is.
    I wonder if it would be the same for a shorter guy. The oem seat on the superduke is a plank of wood. As long as there's not pinching on my inner thighs it should be good. The engine braking puts a lot of pressure on my with the duke, but my god the ecu controlled engine braking on the rc8 was awesome

well according to the sales guy at Erico Motorsports ducati is the Ferrari of sportsbikes.....i dont have 25k. but if i did , i'd get it.