Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are the sport touring guys at?

Re: Where are the sport touring guys at?

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Yes, with my Scala unit I can still hear over earplugs. If your current earplugs work too well consider less effective ones. I have some Hearo 33dB ones that work really well, but also some orange wally world specials that only reduce to <30dB.
    I'll try and test mine out again. I think it's fine on city streets but once I get on the freeway at speeds over 70mph it's a no go, too much wind noise. The ones the open face guys use must be really good!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    I'll try and test mine out again. I think it's fine on city streets but once I get on the freeway at speeds over 70mph it's a no go, too much wind noise. The ones the open face guys use must be really good!
    FWIW I have to turn the volume all the way up and use my "outside voice" to communicate.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

7 /31 Sport Touring Northwest
    5 day sport touring rally featuring special guest speakers, plenty of twisties, evening entertainment and good camraderie. Now in it's 11th year. This year's featured speaker is Lee Parks of Total Control fame. See the website for details. Registration is open now.

Phone: 206-650-9102
    Stevenson WA - See more at: http://www.soundrider.com/Calendar/#....tVrffMP6.dpuf
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRider81 View Post
    I have a goal that might seem tame to a lot of folks, but I would like to ride my bike into each of the surrounding states around Colorado, just so I can say I've ridden in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, and Nebraska. Has anyone ridden to any of these states? I would like to do back roads, super slab is so boring. Any ride route suggestions?
    Are you thinking about doing this as a big loop or just hitting each state at different times? A loop is going to be tough to stay on fun roads. Doing the states individually would be much better. Wyoming is good up in the northwest, Yellowstone and Grand Teton have a lot of traffic but if you stay out of the actual parks you can have some fun. Utah has the Flaming Gorge in the northeast corner and a lot of good riding down south but in the southern area plan your gas stops. There are several areas where it can be anywhere from 100 to 200 miles between gas stations. New Mexico check out this ride. Oklahoma the panhandle looks rather boring but I have never ridden there, my experience is in south central OK when I lived in Texas. Kansas doesnt have a corner except for intersections. Nebraska is a little better, I would head through Scottsbluff and on up to the Chadron area. I have never done it on a bike but I have been to Scottsbluff in a truck and I think I remember some decent roads

long rider thank you so much for the reply!!! I will probably end up doing each state separetely except down in the four corners of course. now I need to start planning!!! Thank you again for the detailed reply!!

Member Yearly Supporter rifleshooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    7 /31 Sport Touring Northwest
    5 day sport touring rally featuring special guest speakers, plenty of twisties, evening entertainment and good camraderie. Now in it's 11th year. This year's featured speaker is Lee Parks of Total Control fame. See the website for details. Registration is open now.

Phone: 206-650-9102
    Stevenson WA - See more at: http://www.soundrider.com/Calendar/#....tVrffMP6.dpuf
    This looks like a ton of fun.

I just bought a Sargent seat, and am thinking of just showing up in Washington State late this summer. We'll see if I get a job for Fall teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Ninja
    And another Ninja...

ZX12R

Last edited by texlurch; Thu May 16th, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFox View Post
    long rider thank you so much for the reply!!! I will probably end up doing each state separetely except down in the four corners of course. now I need to start planning!!! Thank you again for the detailed reply!!
    I plan to do some rides this year, now that we are settled more or less..

Headed down to Cortez end of July.. come on out! Knock out 3 states at 4 Corners!
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ