Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avengers premier at Arapahoe & Parker

Avengers premier at Arapahoe & Parker

Barn, Ezzzy and I are going to the Avengers premier tonight at 7:00. Anyone else going to be there?

Re: Avengers premier at Arapahoe & Parker

Wish I could go. Me and mrs mdub will be chking it out Saturday mornin.

hmmmmmm... tempting...

I haven't seen hulk or thor. Think it will matter?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    hmmmmmm... tempting...

I haven't seen hulk or thor. Think it will matter?
    Likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Barn, Ezzzy and I are going to the Avengers premier tonight at 7:00. Anyone else going to be there?
    Is this some special viewing you guys have set up? I thought it could not be shown till tonight at midnight. I even checked the theatre at Parker and Arapahoe and didn't see it showing till midnight or at any Denver Theatre today.

http://www.fandango.com/amcarapahoec...wn/theaterpage

Here shows 12:01am
    http://www.fandango.com/amcarapahoec...?date=5/3/2012

Just wondering because if this is a VIP viewing at 7pm today that you can get all of us into I may be down to go!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

^^ yes... details please
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Can't wait.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Can't wait.
    So it's on for sure? Only asking so people don't drive all that way and find out it was a mistake and you meant tomorrow.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    So it's on for sure? Only asking so people don't drive all that way and find out it was a mistake and you meant tomorrow.
    I'm gonna have to defer to Alan on this one.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Between this, DarkKnight Rising, and Promethius, looks to be an amazing summer for movies, woot!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I agree, looks like a lot of good movies are coming out this summer/year!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Forgot about the new Spiderman rehash too. Hopefully Avengers isn't as mediocre as the X-men sequels, Wolverine, SilverSurfer, etc. Nothing too spectacular with those, imo, just ok.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Forgot about the new Spiderman rehash too. Hopefully Avengers isn't as mediocre as the X-men sequels, Wolverine, SilverSurfer, etc. Nothing too spectacular with those, imo, just ok.
    Spiderman looks like shit. Just saying. And I'm not going to see it.

I've a friend in Mexico, where Avengers already came out. He said it's Ok, not great. RD Jr. is fantastic, the guy who plays the Hulk does the smart-but-socially-inept Vs Stark's smart-and-cool super genius quite well, and Thor, Cap and BW are all basically forgettable. Loki is supposedly very well played, and Mace Windu is just his typical Sam L badass schtick.

Overall, he said it was better than Thor (easy since that was a snoozefest) and Cap America, but not as good as the Favreau Iron Man (1 in particular). It's your typical blow-shit-up to hide plot holes, and so it goes.

I'm going in with average-to-low expectations and assume that'll be about right...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Sorry, it's a special invite premier put on by my Acura dealer. I should have mentioned that in the post, and asked if anyone else got an invite to attend. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I'll bootleg it on my iPhone and post it up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Sorry, it's a special invite premier put on by my Acura dealer. I should have mentioned that in the post, and asked if anyone else got an invite to attend. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I'll bootleg it on my iPhone and post it up tomorrow
    Lol, yeah, that's slightly different than just inviting every CSCer out to come watch...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

just slightly....
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    just slightly....
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Lol, yeah, that's slightly different than just inviting every CSCer out to come watch...
    Well, I actually didn't invite others (except for Barn and Ezzzzy) to attend - I just asked if anyone else was going to be there. Perhaps this belonged in a different forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm going in with average-to-low expectations and assume that'll be about right...
    Haven't seen anything about Spiderman yet, but can it possibly be worse than the Spidey sequels? Like when he does the John Travolta dancing around in that piano bar, omfg. Thank God I didn't actually pay to see any of those.

Ok, I guess I'll probably go in with really low expectations. Green Lantern was kinda lame too, forgot to mention that one. Plotholes bother me as much as you, make me want to shoot a bitch (director/writer) in frustration, lol. IM-1 was sweet, except when he flew about 2000 feet into a dune and came out alive, or when he pulled the entire IronMan suit out of a (tiny) briefcase (IM-2) and it magically assembled, LMAO!

Note to superhero movie writers, not everything in Jap Anime cartoons can be believably converted to live action, morons.

Never saw Thor, looked like a cheezefest. But Capt.American wasn't horrible, but just so-so.

eh ....i can wait til it comes out on VHS

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    IM-1 was sweet, except when he flew about 2000 feet into a dune and came out alive, or when he pulled the entire IronMan suit out of a (tiny) briefcase (IM-2) and it magically assembled, LMAO!
    heh, funny you mention that. I just watched IM-1 the other night, and that was my biggest immersion-breaking moment--besides the fact that I'm highly suspicious of the Mark 1 suit being that resistant to gunfire...but...overall the movie was pretty good--until the end when Iron Monger should have (easily) shot through Tony's little dipshit arm-deflector things... And, for that matter, even if the armor is impervious to impact, the human body inside isn't, so some of those hits from IM should/would have pulped Tony's internal organs...

Meh, comics and comics-based movies don't make a whole lot of sense if you apply real-world restrictions to it.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Oh shit its out today!?!?! Im going to the track for a few hours, but i may leave early to go! I live right next to that theater too!

NVM just saw its friday! Count me in!
    -K7 GSXR 1000-
    Few goodies here and there
    10.03 @ 147 1.74 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Matheo View Post
    Oh shit its out today!?!?! Im going to the track for a few hours, but i may leave early to go! I live right next to that theater too!
    Nope. Not for you. Only for Birchy and his red-carpet friends, he's just teasing everyone else.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Matheo View Post
    Read the full thread. You can't get in unless you have a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket. I should have never put it up here