Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my first ticket

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: Got my first ticket

Quote Originally Posted by rfranks303 View Post
    You callin me a snitch foo?
    Go get some shut ass.

I love these 'i broke the law, and got caught, now how do i get out of it threads" Basically you were speeding. It sucks, we all do it, now man up and pay the piper. You yourself said you are guilty man. I also highly doubt the police went out there to radar just to catch you because you "ride the same road' everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by My back hurts View Post
    weak, I speed to get to the front of the pack so people know im there and dont crush me. I have hours of video of poeple driving and doing things you cant even imagine. I wonder if I take the case to court show them all the video i have, explain why i drive the way I do, .
    This is the excuse you are bringing to court?

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    perfect record? what are you 16? hahah

pay it. it will be knock dwn to two pts. your gonna waste time and effort.

and that really sucks people are monitoring your entrance or departure....maybe ur bike is too loud...
    No im not 16, im just not a dumbass when I ride/drive

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    I love these 'i broke the law, and got caught, now how do i get out of it threads" Basically you were speeding. It sucks, we all do it, now man up and pay the piper. You yourself said you are guilty man. I also highly doubt the police went out there to radar just to catch you because you "ride the same road' everyday.
    So when they make a law that says you cant breathe without paying a tax, and you "break the law" your not going to bitch? When does common sense come into play? I can smell the jealousy through the screen.

This is the excuse you are bringing to court?
    Just because you cant pursuade anyone to think the way you do, doent mean I cant.
    05' SV1000S-CF

Im too tall for this shit...

No im not 16, im just not a dumbass when I ride/drive

So when they make a law that says you cant breathe without paying a tax, and you "break the law" your not going to bitch? When does common sense come into play? I can smell the jealousy through the screen.

Just because you cant pursuade anyone to think the way you do, doent mean I cant.
    Sorry but the whole "i did this, which is against the law because other people do this" doesn't work in court pal. Your "breathing tax" holds no water in this argument either but nice try. Breathing has nothing to do with going over the speed limit. I bet you are one of those idiots that thinks he can just do whatever he wants because he's on two wheels.

I can smell the jealousy through the screen.

You have some special screen where you can smell stuff? Awesome. What is there to be jealous of? The fact that you can speed or the fact that you got a ticket. I can do both of those if i wanted. Moron.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

sounds like we got some dudes on their period.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

You should just pay up. But if your record really is clean, I would just wait to pay. Plan to actually appear for your hearing (which the issuing officer does NOT have to show up to btw so dont think you skate on the ticket if he's not there). There's a good chance the court will send you a plea bargain offer in the mail between now and your court date to reduce the fine and the points. Take that plea bargain. If that doesnt happen, show up for your hearing, make a case to the DA saying you accept responsibility but would like a bit of leniency since you arent a repeat offender and see if he'll offer a plea bargain then. One way or another, they are going to make some money off of you.

Also, we are all being scrutinized and targeted lately by LEOs. Try not to be one of the guys who paints an even worse image for us. Make a conscious effort to obey the rules of the road.

Colorado also has some fairly strict standards for insurance premium increases for traffic violations. A minor 2 point violation can cost you another $20-$30 per month on your bike insurance. Its in your best interest to keep an eye on that speedo.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

I have hours of video of poeple driving and doing things you cant even imagine. I wonder if I take the case to court show them all the video i have, explain why i drive the way I do, and get the right judge, maybe ill get lucky, or at least a reduction in points.
    Don't do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Joe Siphek View Post
    sounds like we got some dudes on their period.
    Yep! I can smell it through my screen...

eeewww now your just making this thread gross...

Quote Originally Posted by TwistyRydr View Post
    yea you should have notified the cop you had been recording because supposedly its illegal now to have footage of officers period...especially without their knowledge.
    This is absolutely untrue. It is legal to videotape and photograph anyone, including Police Officers, so long as you are in a place you are legally entitled to be.

However, Officers do have some recourse. If the Officer gives you a lawful order to do something (Like back off, get back, get on the sidewalk, etc), then you shall obey that. And remember, you don't decide which orders are lawful. So do what he says. Or risk jailing and loss of your camera.

ouch....

Sorry but the whole "i did this, which is against the law because other people do this" doesn't work in court pal. Your "breathing tax" holds no water in this argument either but nice try. Breathing has nothing to do with going over the speed limit. I bet you are one of those idiots that thinks he can just do whatever he wants because he's on two wheels.
    I guess we'll see wont we. And as far as the breathing tax, a stupid law is a stupid law, no matter what it affects.

You have some special screen where you can smell stuff? Awesome. What is there to be jealous of? The fact that you can speed or the fact that you got a ticket. I can do both of those if i wanted. Moron.
    the fact that im going to get out of my ticket, I talked to my retired captain buddy, showed him the footage, and he even said I had a shot if I had the right judge. You dont know the circumstances of my pullover, where it was, how I was driving, nothing. I guess you all assume I was weaving through cars at WOT, which is the exact opposite of what I was doing.
    05' SV1000S-CF

I guess we'll see wont we. And as far as the breathing tax, a stupid law is a stupid law, no matter what it affects.

the fact that im going to get out of my ticket, I talked to my retired captain buddy, showed him the footage, and he even said I had a shot if I had the right judge. You dont know the circumstances of my pullover, where it was, how I was driving, nothing. I guess you all assume I was weaving through cars at WOT, which is the exact opposite of what I was doing.
    No one assumed anything. You yourself said you broke the law. Pretty simple. I guess i don't understand why you even posted on here about it considering your "captian buddy" is going to hook you up. Speed on.

No one assumed anything. You yourself said you broke the law. Pretty simple. I guess i don't understand why you even posted on here about it considering your "captian buddy" is going to hook you up. Speed on.
    Once again, when does common sense come into play when it comes to the legal system, its seems like its being phased out. I dont really care if anyone undertsnads what im trying to say, the thread was started because i thought I had to sign my ticket in front of the officer for it to be legal. That question was answered, and i said i was going to fight it, then everyone started giving their opinion, which I could care less about on that subject.

Like i said before he's retired, and hes not hooking me up with anything, i simply got his advice.
    05' SV1000S-CF

That's some funny stuff right there. You have actual footage of you breaking the law and you "know" you are going to get off. I guess I missed it in the driving rule book but maybe there's a paragraph of you can go 10 mph over if statements...
    Your common sense defense is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Should have told em my name was Rob.
    Hi, my name is Rob, and I've received lots of tickets with a wide range of fines to go along with them... Even in a " few " other states. I would NOT say your name is Rob Obama would be better
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Once again, when does common sense come into play when it comes to the legal system, its seems like its being phased out. I dont really care if anyone undertsnads what im trying to say, the thread was started because i thought I had to sign my ticket in front of the officer for it to be legal. That question was answered, and i said i was going to fight it, then everyone started giving their opinion, which I could care less about on that subject.

Like i said before he's retired, and hes not hooking me up with anything, i simply got his advice.
    When does common sense come into play to just man up and pay the ticket? Seeing as you already admitted you broke the law. And everyone started to give their opinion on it, can you guess why?? That's right you are on a open/public forum.
    Last edited by fz6rider; Sun May 6th, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    That's some funny stuff right there. You have actual footage of you breaking the law and you "know" you are going to get off. I guess I missed it in the driving rule book but maybe there's a paragraph of you can go 10 mph over if statements...
    Your common sense defense is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by fz6rider View Post
    When does common sense come into play to just man up and pay the ticket? Seeing as you already admitted you broke the law. And everyone started to give their opinion on it, can you guess why?? That's right you are on a open/public forum.

then everyone started giving their opinion, which I could care less about on that subject.
    05' SV1000S-CF

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Awesome thread

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

IF the officer wrote it for UNSAFE SPEED, which it most likely was written as, then, if you can prove to the judge that yes, it was posted 45, and yes, I was doing 55, but that the SAFE speed was actually 55, then the judge can CHOOSE to dismiss it. In CA many years ago, the judge would state this at the start of every session, and I saw and was one of several people who successfully used this. Now, the MAXIMUM speed is 75, so, if you exceed that there's no way to justify that. But, the lower posted limits are actually estimated safe speeds. Maybe CO is different, but....

Good luck.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

That's not how it works. The speed limit is just that, it's a black and white line you shall not cross.

What if they write a too fast for conditions (assuming you were under the posted limit)? Any chance of arguing that it wasn't?